How I Got My Xbox and KotOR for 20 Bucks

Microsoft has this Xbox training website, for employees at electronics stores all across america, for employees that want to become certified in the xbox section of their store. now the training is very simply little quizes you take to get points. these points are redeemable in the reward center, where they have most of the latest games. now a good game is somewhere around 600 points, and i semi-good 300 and so on. some of the game consisted of halo, phantasy star online v1&2, brute force etc etc

now even though i dont work for an electronic store, i signed up and took the quizzes. i eventually got enough points for 5 good games. i got 2 halos, 2 brute force, and 1 pso. all i had to pay was shipping which was 20 dollars. after about a week the games came in the mail and i was amazed. it had actually worked. now i had to come up with a place that would take the games back for full price.

i didnt feel good about what i was doing, but i couldnt have 5 xbox games without an xbox. EB wouldnt take them, and neither would BB, CC, or Target. I then went to walmart and they would do it. i returned 3 at one place and two at another walmart. i ended up with about 220 dollars in walmart store credit, the xbox was 170 and KotOR was 50. that day i walked out being the proud owner of a great system and an awesome game for 20 dollars.

well get ready to be flamed. You scamed MS and the people here don't tend to be nice to scamers. I've heard of this scam before, I thought MS audited the accounts and if didn't check out you got billed. I'm not sure, but I know the deal has holes in it if you don't really work at a retail store.

ive actually been searching all night for it, it was in my favorites but i have since reformatted. i kno it is on the microsoft website somewhere.

EDIT

due to concern for the welfare of the site i have taken the links off, for those of you that got them down have fun

Thanks for the link man. I'm not worried about getting into anykind of trouble with MS since I work for a gamestore. It's about time I get some benefits working in punk-ass retail anyways.

as much as i may want an xbox, and as much as i'd like to only pay $20 for one, i don't think its worth the risk. by and large, this is a scam and nothing but. for anyone who works in a game store, go for it; but anyone else would be pushing the boundries of decency.

here at CAG, we all enjoy using (and sometimes abusing) deals and loopholes to get great games for cheap, but this seems to be an example of crossing the line....

i agree with rimsforsale; that link should be removed so that this site as a whole doesn't catch any shit for appearing to promote this scam. if someone wants to do it, fine, but keep the link off of this site. besides, if MS all of a sudden gets dozens of requests for this training thing, don't you think they might start checking up on people more?

[quote name='Kaze of the Heavens']
go there and sign up, you must sign up with a store number but any store like bestbuy or circuitcity has that info available through their store locator on their website. i did this a couple months ago, and i do not kno if anything has changed. i dont plan on doing it again, but if you do proceed with caution.
[/quote]

That's actually illegal, and CAG can suffer greatly if Microsoft were to find out that the message board is participating in an activity such as this.

The retail site is for employees ONLY, and frauding it like this and then fluanting it WILL get back to MS.

I am going to try to get a job at target during the summar, I will fill out that form once I get a job :) Do stores like target and k-mart etc work? Or do you have to work at like a best buy?

I used to work at Best Buy and I participated in the program. However, my coworker tried to get games, and they wanted a verification of employement. Well, he sent in his paystub, and they still wouldn't give him the games. So, you might get lucky and they won't do a background check, or you might be out the price of shipping and the time to take the quizzes. Also, anyone who does this and doesn't work in retail is no better than the people who buy 50 copies of a game and screws the rest of us. When enough people abuse this, MS will end it...just like Best Buy cancelled the $5 platinum hits titles.

[quote name='basketkase543']$5 platinum hits titles? I'm afraid i haven't heard of that one. Please elaborate.[/quote]

A glitch was found that if you added Splinter Cell to your cart you could add any Platinum Hit title for the price of $5 each. Needless to say Bestbuy got a ton of orders and they cancelled most of the orders.

Keyword is "most." I still grin everytime I play my $5 Medal of Honor Frontline.

That's horrible. Yah, prepare to get flamed. You deff shouldn't be taking advantage of the site, i've heard plenty of stories of people getting busted after recieving their games... Good Luck :)

BTW, I work at KB Toys and we are authorized for the retail site.

But doesn't this training website ask you for the store number and your employee number as well ?
In my knowledge, I don't think that those numbers are easy to get a hold of.

I don't recommend it, but if you run really fast, you can get an Xbox and games for free. $20? You got ripped off.

Seriously though, please don't lie, cheat, and defraud just to get what you want, and if you do, don't post about it here.

Thank you,
Not the Management

Yeah, it looks bogus beacuse the website asks you for the store number where you work and your employee number as well.

[quote name='master_evil']the website asks you for the store number where you work and your employee number as well.[/quote]

I would probably have tried this scam myself at some distant point in the past, but unfortunately, the site does ask for verification of employment in the form of store and employee ID numbers. Unless you have a friend or family member in the business to hook you up, it would be difficult to get these items without having the required job qualification, and this is just the stuff I know about. I'm sure further verification is required once you start earning enough points for hundreds of dollars worth of video game software.

I'm actually impressed that people are requesting that this 'deal' NOT occur, even though it's Microsoft. Too many people, especially tech oriented people, are of the opinion 'Screw Microsoft!' and would basically condone anything that resulted in Eeevil MS and Bill Gates getting ripped off.
Some deals are figurative steals, some deals are making use of legitimate policies, and some deals are literal steals, no matter whom you're stealing from. Especially if you're misrepresenting yourself.

Related note: Those of you who visit Freebizmags.com. Do you tell the truth on the employee profile? Theoretically that site is for business magazines to be targeted at certain demographic groups, which is why they ask the questions. Is that different from this situation?

I don't really jump on the freebizmags deals often, but in my opinion the Freebizmags deal is different. They offer magazines free to the general public, but they limit the quantities to certain demographic groups so the magazines are distributed to as diverse a population as possible. Even if you lie about your employement field, it is still a freebie magazine.. although you slightly alter targeted demographics.
This however, is specifically Microsoft giving employees incentive to take their training program to help sell their product. In no way is it meant to be a freebie for anyone, especially anyone in the general public (non-gaming industry).

Correct, I'm sure anyone can fake the information, but I'm sure that M$ WILL verify it by any means. They probably call the store ask for the manager, etc. I just don't think that you can just put any employee # and get away with it. But who knows ? I haven't tried it myself because I don't want to be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law. :)

[quote name='master_evil'] I haven't tried it myself because I don't want to be prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law. :)[/quote]

You know Microsoft won't take it easy. I'm almost certain they'd steal your soul.

steal your soul? thats probably only half of it.
they'd probably demand your first born child.
and they'd seize your pets and offer them up as a sacrafice to Cthulhu.

I tried and almost got a game. after I took some test and ordered a game, that I never got....I got a letter in the mail a week later saying they could not verify my employment and closed my account. I had to call my credit card company to get the $9 in shipping cost back. took 2 months.

Wait, people put in their credit card?

Oh man, did anyone ever think Microsoft could say...charge you MSRP for the xbox and any games you get once they discover you're committing fraud?

yeah, I knew there where holes in this. I heard of this thing a long time ago. And tons of people wanted to get in on it but some where burned and charged for the games they got.

bread's done
Back