Worst Online Game Retailer 2007

Whenever I want something and I look on Kmart.com I can never get it. The product is either missing, out of stock, or overpriced.

My nomination: Kmart.com

What was the one website Cheapy accepted an affiliation offer with, but went horribly awry as the guy running the site insulted CAGs as they pointed out poor/shady deals and he even went so far as to make a coupon on mocking Roufuss?

I vote for that site.

Edit: It was VideoGameCentral.com. If you want to read the thread, it's right here.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What was the one website Cheapy accepted an affiliation offer with, but went horribly awry as the guy running the site insulted CAGs as they pointed out poor/shady deals and he even went so far as to make a coupon on mocking Roufuss?

I vote for that site.

Edit: It was VideoGameCentral.com. If you want to read the thread, it's right here.[/QUOTE]

how could i forget that one. we should throw old_skool_fool's name in the villian of the year nominee also.

FamilyVideo.com Still waiting for a Links Crossbow I pre-ordered before Christmas that's on Backorder, but if I went to the website now it's in stock. Not to mention horrible website design and slow shipping for the trifecta of EPIC FAIL!

DeepDiscount -
They have pretty good prices, but nothing ever comes in on time. Pre-orders ship a week+ after release. Their customer service sucks also.

Gamestop / EB Games - Crazy shipping prices and if you choose to buy a used game, you are unsure if you will receive a case or instructions with it. Plus, their customer service just sucks.

Gamestop, they screwed me over so many preorder bonuses in 2007 and my games are always packaged poorly from them.

EToys/KBtoys.com, because they refused to honor their pricematch guarantee on the KBToys instore advertised prices, even when I called a week before hand to make sure the deal would be matched, and was assured it would be. (I'm talking about the BF b1g1 deal.) Honsetly, I don't care if you didn't mean to match the deal, but your operator assured me that this specific deal would be matched, and you have a recording of the conversation to prove it.

I'd say gamestop, but I never order from them since typically I want a case and instruction booklet with my games. Gamestop.com was dead to me years ago. So this year, I'm placing my vote for Newegg.com since they never shipped a copy of rock band until after the new year.

Best Buy. There customer service does not help you. They question everything and are not customer friendly. There shipping is horrible. For example I ordered an item on black Friday and I recieved it on January 4th.

The Wal-Mart Smash Bros preorder ordeal was in 2008. I'm going with FamilyVideo.com. Only ever tried ordering one thing from them, which was a deal for Fable for the Xbox, and it took them something like 2 months to ship it.

Familyvideo.com gets my nomination. Pre-ordered something and I never got any notice that it was back-ordered after release. I e-mailed them and they told me that I'd have to wait 2-4 weeks to get it. So I canceled and just got the game through a B2G1 from TRU.

I'm not sure if this counts but I would have to say the Nintendo Virtual Console. Each title is way overpriced for what it is.
Games have come a long way since the nes and very few of those games are worth a $5 price tag now. Few of them are even worth $1. As a shareholder I really shouldn't complain though as it seems to be really popular.

Next year's vote will surly be going to Walmart for their SSBB preorder fiasco.

But since that's 2008 and in case you don't count Nintendo's VC, I'll also have to vote for Gamestop for their rediculous shipping charges for packages that take forever to get to you anyway. It has to be clueless parents that shop there. No gamer I know is enough of a sucker to even entertain shopping with Gamestop instore or online.

I have to say Best Buy.com because their customer service is absolutely horrible. I had good experiences with walmart.com ($60 Halo 3 Legendary FTW) and eb/gamestop (only to buy the LE Mass Effect) this year so I don't have a problem with them.

bread's done
Back