Amazon - 360 Wireless Racing Wheel Now $79.99

Just so people know in advance this wheel is only fun with 3 Xbox 360 racing games.

Forza 2
Dirt
Sega Rally Revo

The other racing games are more fun with the controller IMO.

Great deal OP. For a lot of people, there's no tax and free shipping so it comes out to $90 shipped. Certainly better than paying $110 at B&M stores.

It's impossible to play with DIRT. You have to steer all the way to the left then all the way to the right the whole time. I didn't tweak it and just used the default settings though. My experience with the new wheel and various racing games:

Forza is ok, but oversteering is a problem on a projector - B
Nascar 08 was very easy to loose control, projector caused some problems again - C
Flatout was pretty fun, no two player though - B+
Burnout Revenge is fun, but not two player - B
As a party game to play with friends for fun (drag races, wheelie competitions, etc) ProStreet was the most fun
I just played the demo of Sega Rally Revo and wasn't impressed.

Sam's Club had this at my local store for $87, so with tax, it was a little more than $91. Cheapest I'd seen it, and unlike the predecessor, the revised wheel doesn't come with a game.

The old wheel comes with PGR3 Force Feedback Edition. The new wheel comes with a demo of Forza 2. The PH version of PGR3 is the same version that would come with the old wheel.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sam's Club had this at my local store for $87, so with tax, it was a little more than $91. Cheapest I'd seen it, and unlike the predecessor, the revised wheel doesn't come with a game.

The old wheel comes with PGR3 Force Feedback Edition. The new wheel comes with a demo of Forza 2. The PH version of PGR3 is the same version that would come with the old wheel.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read somewhere that you would be able to download the force feedback stuff if you had bought a "regular" edition of PGR3... or is it included on the regular PGR3 that you can buy standalone and I'm just imagining it?

Ive used both this wheel, and the Logitech DriveFX wheel, and let me say, the Microsoft one stinks in comparison.

I would highly recommend you buy the Logitech wheel over this one. I actually just received my Logitech one through FedEx a few days ago. I got it for $45 shipped on ebay. Sure theres a few wires, but whatever, the wheel is a lot better.

I love using it on Forza and Nascar, haven't tried it on the Burnout Paradise demo, but I may or may not use it on that anywho. Easy enough with a controller.

Just a recommendation for you guys though, not trying to be a jerk and hijack your topic though! :):applause:

[quote name='Kevbo887']Ive used both this wheel, and the Logitech DriveFX wheel, and let me say, the Microsoft one stinks in comparison.

I would highly recommend you buy the Logitech wheel over this one. I actually just received my Logitech one through FedEx a few days ago. I got it for $45 shipped on ebay. Sure theres a few wires, but whatever, the wheel is a lot better.

I love using it on Forza and Nascar, haven't tried it on the Burnout Paradise demo, but I may or may not use it on that anywho. Easy enough with a controller.

Just a recommendation for you guys though, not trying to be a jerk and hijack your topic though! :):applause:[/quote]The Logitech Wheel is also $89.99 w/free shipping on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-DriveFX-Axial-Feedback-Wheel/dp/B000GP4FZK/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Bought this wheel for $104 at Sams a while back. Returned it within a few days. It was a pain in the ass to set up/mount to something and it made Forza 2 difficult and not fun. Ditto for PGR3.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Bought this wheel for $104 at Sams a while back. Returned it within a few days. It was a pain in the ass to set up/mount to something and it made Forza 2 difficult and not fun. Ditto for PGR3.[/quote]I had the same thought with the one I picked up a few weeks ago, though mine wasn't opened.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Bought this wheel for $104 at Sams a while back. Returned it within a few days. It was a pain in the ass to set up/mount to something and it made Forza 2 difficult and not fun. Ditto for PGR3.[/quote]

Racing games will always be easier with a controller. Those looking for a more immersive, realistic experience use these things. Mine has sat in the closet most of the time since purchase, as apparently I prefer fun and ease over immersion.

I bought one when Forza 2 came out and I was heavily disappointed. It felt really cheap and the steering wheel kept on jiggling around on its mount and was never sturdy. I returned it within two days.

Wow, there are so many people who hate this wheel. BUT I LOVE IT. It may make some of the games more difficult, but that is because there is a steeper learning curve with the wheel. Once you get by that, the games are more fun. Without a good wheel it, playing racing games is like playing Guitar Hero with just a normal controller.

[quote name='homerojay']Wow, there are so many people who hate this wheel. BUT I LOVE IT. It may make some of the games more difficult, but that is because there is a steeper learning curve with the wheel. Once you get by that, the games are more fun. Without a good wheel it, playing racing games is like playing Guitar Hero with just a normal controller.[/quote]

I completely agree with homerojay. I've been buying various wheels for PC and consoles since getting addicted to Daytone USA (arcade version) back in college. Various wheels along the way have been OK but I think MS did a great job for the price. It is just getting past the learning curve. Once you do, you'll have a blast with this! In fact, if I see a second one cheap on Craigslist, I'm going to grab it just for head-to-head racing when friends come over. Heck, I've even used it for playing some of the backwards-compatible Xbox games (original Forza and PGR, TOCA, Rallysport Challenge, etc.) with good results.

If you like racing games and are just willing to invest a little bit of time on the learning curve, I couldn't recommend this any more. Just make sure you use a semi-sturdy table to mount it onto.

Happy racing,
James

[quote name='contej85']Racing games will always be easier with a controller. Those looking for a more immersive, realistic experience use these things. Mine has sat in the closet most of the time since purchase, as apparently I prefer fun and ease over immersion.[/QUOTE]

What? No way. The wheel makes it much more precise. You cant steer as good with a controller or manipulate the throttle as finely.

I actually find the wheel works well. It's nowhere near as well built as my G25 but all the games are written & tested specifically for that one wheel which gives it a very realistic feel imo. Especially in Forza 2.

& to every1 who thinks MS just makes junk controllers take a look on ebay for how much Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joysticks are going for. Over $150 is the average, even for used ones. Because they're in high demand since MS stopped making them, for their legendary controls.

bread's done
Back