Bobby Fischer dead at 64.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Not surprising in all honesty.

A phenomenal mind. I would've loved to play Fischerandom with him.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

The man was so smart he went crazy.

Cause of death:

200px-Rosa_Klebb's_deadly_weapon.jpg

He was a crackpot but he was a major figure in American history. His becoming the first (and still only) American world chess champion when the Soviets were dominating the sport is just as amazing as Lake Placid in 1980.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']64 squares on a chessboard? Conspiracy? I think so.[/QUOTE]

It's the same number of points on the Star of David if you look...aw, forget it.

Uhhh, wasnt this guy just a racist old hack?

Other than being a super chess master wasnt he still just a old racist guy?

Maybe I am getting him confused with someone else.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Not surprising in all honesty.

A phenomenal mind. I would've loved to play chess with him.[/quote]

He would kick your ass, pour gasoline on it and light it ablaze (I'm speaking figuratively of course)....

I actually read "Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess" and it really help improve my game. I noticed it my skills were kicked up a notch almost instantly. I highly recommend that book to everyone who plays chess.

I remember the last few pages where he shows one of his more devasting moves on another chess champion he played (I forget the name) and it's pretty brutal ...at least by chess standards.

[quote name='Xevious']He would kick your ass, pour gasoline on it and light it ablaze (I'm speaking figuratively of course)....

I actually read "Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess" and it really help improve my game. I noticed it my skills were kicked up a notch almost instantly. I highly recommend that book to everyone who plays chess.

I remember the last few pages where he shows one of his more devasting moves on another chess champion he played (I forget the name) and it's pretty brutal ...at least by chess standards.[/quote]

I know he'd win dumbfuck, but it'd still be fun to gauge my skills against the absolute best. Kind of like playing horse against Michael or getting in net to take a few pucks against Gretzky just to say I did.

[quote name='rscaramelo']Shed no tears for that anti-semitic wackjob. Just google him and read some of his quotes.

RC[/quote]

Wow, your a fuckin' idiot.

The man had mental problems, that was detailed in many books and in the movie "Searching for Bobby Fischer". The man wasn't stable, and like most chess "phenoms" they are almost all mentally unstable. So before you say to don't shed some tears, maybe you should check your facts.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']he was a nothing in today's world. He has been forgotten and no one under the age of 30 will remember him for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Probably true. If it wasn't for the "Searching for Bobby Fisher" movie I wouldn't have a clue as about this guy.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Wow, your a fuckin' idiot.

The man had mental problems, that was detailed in many books and in the movie "Searching for Bobby Fischer". The man wasn't stable, and like most chess "phenoms" they are almost all mentally unstable. So before you say to don't shed some tears, maybe you should check your facts.[/QUOTE]

How is rscaramelo a fuckin' idiot? Bobby Fischer WAS a racist, america hating, anti-semitic asshole. Just because he was a great chess player and had mental issues doesn't change that fact.

bread's done
Back