Urban Dead - The Official Cheap Ass Survivor Thread

HotShotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Considering that r1s3n is no longer active in CAG or Urban Dead, I felt it best to create a new thread for two reasons:

1. The original thread has over 700 posts
2. It's popularity/fanbase would greatly benefit from turning the OP into a "News Page" of sorts, with current clan info, , crisis info, starting up, etc. Instead of reposting an answer or a "check the wiki" response every 1-2 pages or so.

That being said, Urban Dead is a broswer-based MMORPG that takes place in a quarantined city, where Survivors and the Undead battle for control.

Main Site - http://www.urbandead.com
UD Wiki - http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Main_Page
CAG Page - http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Cheap_Ass_Survivors
Guides - http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Guides
Map of Malton - http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Suburb

A few of the CAGs (about 25-30 at last count), have organized a survivor clan (and an undead clan later), and are currently located in Darvall Heights, between the Hallett Building (our HQ), St. Eutychian's Hospital (our entry point), and the Wheelman Auto Shop (our fallback point).

Caiger Mall is now consistently under attack by a group of 60+ zombies. Until further notice, each nightly raid is dedicated to the defense of Caiger Mall. Retreat back to Hallett or any other safe point after each raid. Do NOT spend the night in the Mall.

Caiger Mall Plan:
The folowing plan is to be enacted upon at 10pm EST every night by the Cheap Ass Survivors in addition to any groups assisting the Caiger Mall effort. Our priorities are as follows:

1. Clear, Repair, & Barricade the NE Block of Caiger
2. Establish Power in the NE Block (to improve searching odds)
3A. Those who can continue attacking, move and clear the SE Block.
3B. Those who are low on ammo, use your remaining AP to restock.
3C. Those who are capable of healing at least 10-15 HP per heal, focus on acquiring FAKs.
3D. Those who are NecroTech, hunt for syringes/make your own, they will be greatly needed.
4. Defend Latrobe and Holloms, and are to be kept at EHB+5 always. Wagner will act as entry point, and is to be kept at VSB+2.

I do not know what the capabilities of the remaining survivors are, so I leave your individual actions to your own judgment. These are our priorities, let us work together and take back Caiger Mall.

Next IRC Meeting: 10pm EST

~HotShotX (Cheap Ass Survivor Co-Leader/Founder)

Yeah, I was gonna ask that you make one soon, HotShot. Very good idea. I'll still continue using my signature to update clan members, though.

EDIT:

Key: I'm not sure what we've got for zombies so far. If anyone leads it, I vote for Brak. I think HotShot's got a zombie, too. Not sure about anyone else. My zombie's already in a different clan.

aTOH: Guns are useless without training. Don't fire them without training - you'll just waste bullets. Get a fire axe from the garage east of Eutychian's if you aren't trained to use guns.

Dan: Read the basics on the Wiki. Any questions, ask me. Stay out of Ridleybank!

EDIT2: HotShot, if I may add something to your plan? Attacking zombies outside of buildings is only really good for EXP. Your primary focus should be on those inside Eutychian's, not outside.

I'm in Darvall and some random guy revived me. Where should I head to? I need a heal for the infection : (

Oops.. nevermind I'm dead again. Died next to Felix hospital.

Crotch, I second that and have updated the OP as such.

As for Cheap Ass Corpses, ColdShotX is mostly wandering around at his own leisure. Though considering how zed free East boundwood and the Bale Mall area was, I'd recommend operating there.

~HotShotX

ive got all the stuff i needed today so once my ap is up ill make the trek to darvell heights tomorrow. for those of you without free running who need hideouts ill fix a few buildings i come across and barricade them so theyre enterable. ill post here when i finish one and where its at.

Also, is anyone able to update this pic and give Wombat the proper WLA Bandana?

Crotch, could you update the CAS wiki with any new/updated players? I'm going to work on the CAC wiki.

If anyone wants in on the Cheap Ass Corpses clan, post the name of your Undead character in this thread for now. (I'm not sure if the forum mods will allow two UD threads, but who knows.

cagcopyrb2.jpg

~HotShotX

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Okay...I've got a new character, same name as my CAG user name:
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1110525

The problem is, I'm in Pennville right now so it'll take a few days to get over there.[/quote]
Hey, I just started playing and I'm in Vinetown right now (started in Pennville). If you want to join up for a trek to the other CASs, I'm game.

My tag is Reinfeld.

Edit: How do I add people as contacts in the game?

I've got plenty of AP to go wreck some zombie goons, but unfortunately I'm down to 5hp and I'm infected. If someone could heal me up a bit I could probably freerun over to Caiger and grab some supplies.

See the profile link Walrus posted? There's a link on the page to add that person to your contacts. You can find your own link when you click your username on UD.

The rest of our profiles can be found at our wiki-
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Cheap_Ass_Survivors

Crotch - I'd go with axes, but they'd only be a damage upgrader from fists (10%). I'm gonna try to level up through gunfight first since I started with basic training, then go the fire axe route. Unless I should go with fire axes already. I'm not good at laying out percentages and AP expending =/

[quote name='aTOH']See the profile link Walrus posted? There's a link on the page to add that person to your contacts. You can find your own link when you click your username on UD.

The rest of our profiles can be found at our wiki-
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Cheap_Ass_Survivors

Crotch - I'd go with axes, but they'd only be a damage upgrader from fists (10%). I'm gonna try to level up through gunfight first since I started with basic training, then go the fire axe route. Unless I should go with fire axes already. I'm not good at laying out percentages and AP expending =/[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

When I click the profile link for you guys, then click add to contacts, it says I'm not logged in.

I also can't find my link in my profile... hmm...

Okay, I'll update the Wiki, but... I'm not entirely sure who I need to add. I know I have to change Walrus' character and add Dan. Everyone, could you please check the Wiki to see if you're on there? And maybe even add yourself if you're not there?

[quote name='The Crotch']Okay, I'll update the Wiki, but... I'm not entirely sure who I need to add. I know I have to change Walrus' character and add Dan. Everyone, could you please check the Wiki to see if you're on there? And maybe even add yourself if you're not there?[/quote]

Do you need my profile link? I can't seem to find it...

Good idea, we needed a new thread.

I'm at the library right now, I was in the Hallett building but I wanted to leave to grab some XP. I'm at 90 XP so I'll be hitting Level 3 shortly.

Alright, thanks Dan and Metal. Sometimes I have trouble adding contacts, too. I don't think it works if the profile you're trying to add is in a different window than the game itself.

[quote name='The Crotch']Alright, thanks Dan and Metal. Sometimes I have trouble adding contacts, too. I don't think it works if the profile you're trying to add is in a different window than the game itself.[/quote]

Aha! Thanks Crotch, I can add contacts now.

oh, for fucks sake. I was inside the Hallett, but somehow I was killed by a zombie?

Time to search for a revive point.

[quote name='HotShotX']Also, is anyone able to update this pic and give Wombat the proper WLA Bandana?

Crotch, could you update the CAS wiki with any new/updated players? I'm going to work on the CAC wiki.

If anyone wants in on the Cheap Ass Corpses clan, post the name of your Undead character in this thread for now. (I'm not sure if the forum mods will allow two UD threads, but who knows.

cagcopyrb2.jpg

~HotShotX[/quote]I could do it, but i can't find a good pic/texture of a wla bandanna.

* Adam Carolla killed HotShotX. (20 minutes ago)
* Adam Carolla shot you with a pistol for 5 damage. (18 minutes ago)
* Adam Carolla killed Geno Cidal. (17 minutes ago)
WTF

[quote name='Technique']Link to his profile = http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=186875
Also, he can't be that far away can he? Should we look for him?[/quote]
No, we have enough problems at hand with the 20+ zombies outside our doors, retaking our bases, and levelling up our crew. Carolla is nothing but a mere speedbump in light of these issues.

He probably isn't THAT far away considering how much AP he spent, but leave that to someone of higher level in our group.

~HotShotX

Blech. This, friends, is what is known as "Wiki Drama". People take this shit too damn seriously sometimes...

EDIT: Actually, looking at the Wiki history, it seems that Fullmetal did it by accident...

Okay, I've reverted the Wiki. Be careful when you guys fuck around with that stuff! Everyone, be sure to look it over - one member got deleted from the list accidentally, and the kill counts might be a bit out of date. Make sure everything's up to date on there.

EDIT: Nice work, Joliet. Now we just need to change the text on there... I'd like to see bite marks in place of the "Gamer" bit of "Cheap Ass Gamer", with "Survivors" scribbled in behind. If that ain't too much to ask.

EDIT2: Everyone, make sure you add Adam to your contacts. Have him as a different colour. Only engage him if you think you can kill him.

EDIT3: Fullmetal, MTBackus - I had to delete your revisions. Please check the Wiki to see what you need to add and be frigging careful about it.

I'm staggering my way towards a revive point, because I'm badass like that. I should be ready to re-contribute in a day or so.

[quote name='HotShotX']I need a revive inside the Hallett Building, try not to kill me.

~HotShotX[/quote]This. If you have us in your contacts list you should be able to tell the zombies are us before hacking away.

[quote name='Genocidal']This. If you have us in your contacts list you should be able to tell the zombies are us before hacking away.[/quote]

There is another zombie here. It's Geno Cidal.

Indeed. So bring us a revive, and we can start mowing down zombies.

~HotShotX

[quote name='The Crotch']One of the humans in there should probably tell everyone else inside that you guys need revives, not shells.[/quote]

SECONDED.

~HotShotX

I just told the rest of the folks here in the Hallet that you need revives, but I'm pretty sure most of us in there are CAGs already. Either way, it's done.

I've got Adam on my contacts list...y'know, in red. He's level 25, though, so he's been playing since long before the thread revival, if he is a CAG. Either way, we'll get him soon enough.

I could get up and make my way to the hallet, but with the infection i'll be nearly out of AP by the time i get there. Is anyone there who has some FAKs?

i Just made it to St. Eutychians Hospital as a zombie and ran out of AP. At least I finally made it to this part of the map! hope to be alive and helpful soon!

bread's done
Back