Photos of the release event for Advance Wars: Rise of the Wombat Army

Del Far

CAG Veteran
So Sunday was the release event for the new Advance Wars DS game and I found this out at 10am while eating breakfast and going over the news, and then I saw that Wombat would be making an appearance at said event at 1pm.
I freaked of course and proceeded to get everything ready to meet Wombat, I searched for my loveknife but couldn't find it, so instead I brought my Nikon D40 camera for some awesome photos to put up on the CAG Forums. You can find the Flickr Set at this link: http://flickr.com/photos/alexerde/sets/72157603765274934/

the first three pictures were of the actual event, the rest... are pictures of Wombat? :whistle2:s

EDIT: Nevermind, theres more of the event later on in the album. :D

[quote name='PyroGamer']Why the hell do people think it's cool to take pictures at a slant?[/quote]

Maybe because they get bored with taking pictures at straight angles? *Shrug*

And because it had to be done.

2209743790_65f12db3a1.jpg

i wish i was there. would've been nice to meet some fellow CAGs there and get a free game.

Wombat looks a little bit scared in the picture. Perhaps he thought you took his message a little too much to heart.

[quote name='Del Far']And because it had to be done.

2209743790_65f12db3a1.jpg
[/quote]

I wish I could have gone to the event, but it is a long way to New York. Hopefully Nintendo will spread around the event love so that some is out here too. It seems that every major game event is in New York or at least far enough away from me that it would be silly to travel that far for it.

[quote name='Quintessence']Wombat looks a little bit scared in the picture. Perhaps he thought you took his message a little too much to heart.[/quote]

He did cry a little after the photograph was taken...

jk

[quote name='Quintessence']I wish I could have gone to the event, but it is a long way to New York. Hopefully Nintendo will spread around the event love so that some is out here too. It seems that every major game event is in New York or at least far enough away from me that it would be silly to travel that far for it.[/quote]

Besides getting to meet Wombat not much really happened at the event, I went to the cooking mama for the wii event as well and what there is is just a contest with people playing the new game and its a giant preview for the game, it's fun but nothing to travel 2 hours for, unless wombat is there...

[quote name='LiK']i wish i was there. would've been nice to meet some fellow CAGs there and get a free game.[/quote]

There were only like 4-5 CAG'ers at the event, and apparently the first couple of people in line were there since 11pm sat, which is crazy...

So is fair to call Wombat the Ronald McDonald of Cagcast, and UGO? If so, I shall refer to him as Clitorisaurus Rex. :)

bread's done
Back