Ikaruga Question.

untouchablemike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I work for GameStop (please don't heckle me too much), so I can pick up a really nice copy of Ikaruga for GameCube, but I know that the game is going to be released on XBLA.

I'm not really a collector, is there any reason that I would want Ikaruga on the gamecube (wii, actually) as opposed to the 360? I really love this style of game, and have never played much of anything on the gamecube, I never owned one.

Just my 2 cents... I don't think there's anything special about the Gamecube version. IIRC, it gives you a passcode so you can upload your high scores, but I'd assume the XBL version will have that too.

All things being equal, I would consider 2 things. Cost is obvious. The other is the controller you'll be using. As far as I know, you can only use the Gamecube controller, and not the classic controller, etc. The Gamecube controller's d-pad is kinda crappy, so bear that in mind.

[quote name='yayece']Just my 2 cents... I don't think there's anything special about the Gamecube version. IIRC, it gives you a passcode so you can upload your high scores, but I'd assume the XBL version will have that too.

All things being equal, I would consider 2 things. Cost is obvious. The other is the controller you'll be using. As far as I know, you can only use the Gamecube controller, and not the classic controller, etc. The Gamecube controller's d-pad is kinda crappy, so bear that in mind.[/QUOTE]

The game plays well with the analog stick. That's how I've played it. I play it on a Gamecube.

How much could you get it for?
If you can get it for pretty cheap, then I'd say go for it. Seriously.
You just never know when a game gets super rarez eventually ;)

But it's a great game, so make sure you pick up the cube version or XBLA!

Unless I don't understand XBLA games, keep in mind that if you buy the XBLA version, then when you are done with it, you still own it. Forever. There's no resale value. The GC version you can resell and probably get back what you paid for it, perhaps more.

Edit: changed VC to XBLA. Oops. :)

bread's done
Back