BigBadToyStore (BBTS) Problem

crowbb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Short version...I bought something from BBTS, they shipped 2 and now are insisting to return one I must pay shipping both ways

Long version...I had a bunch of Paypal credit and decided to splurge on the Masterpiece Megatron figure I'd been wanting for a while and went to place my order on BBTS. I logged in (Having bought from them in the past) and switched the payment method from my credit card on file to Paypal. They didn't have a link and the instructions basically told me to just send them money via Paypal and quote the order number. I did so without any problems. Anyway a day or 2 later I get 2 emails saying MP Megatron has shipped. I look at them and the order #s are different. On closer inspection of the orders on my account, I see one was charged to Paypal and the other was charged to my credit card.

Anyway I email them saying it's a mistake and I only ordered one. They say fine but I'm still paying shipping both ways and it must have been my mistake not theirs. So I check my email and I see that I only have one order received email from when I placed the order. So I know I did not accidently order 2 of these things.

So basically I only see 2 options.

1. I call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

2. I keep it and give it as a gift to a friend I know wants it when a birthday rolls around. Problem is, it really bothers me reward them for screwing me over.

Either way complaints will be filed with the BBB and State Attorney General of course. BBB won't do much but hey one more in the file.

I don't really see any way to prove it is their wacky ordering system and not me. Somehow I doubt "I only got 1 order email" is going to be convincing enough an argument. So anyone see any options I'm missing?

Dispute it with your credit card, and tell them you're doing so. They're a pretty small operation, don't think they'll want to deal with that headache.

Guess I should be relieved I haven't bit on any GI Joes there yet.

I have a bit of a problem with BBTS to begin with given that I'm in the area where they like to scalp from stores for their inventory. This is pretty much garbage though that they're trying to make you pay for shipping. File a dispute with Paypal so they can sort this whole deal out.

Dispute with your credit card - the payment they charged directly to the card. You might have to pay to ship it back, but you should at least recover your original S&H fee that way.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I used to buy from them a lot years ago when they still had $5 flat fee shipping on all orders until I found a much better source to import stuff at Japanese retail prices. Unfortunately that source has since dried up. If anyone has a better place to order Transformers reissues from let me know! I gotta get the upcoming Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme. Oh how I miss getting the E-Hobby reissues at retail as well....

Anyway one last question. Is standard procedure dispute first, then ship it back afterwards?

[quote name='crowbb']

Anyway one last question. Is standard procedure dispute first, then ship it back afterwards?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. You wait until the credit card company does their investigaition and instructs you to ship it back. Just be completely honest with them (not that I think you wouldn't be) and tell them they charged you for and shipped you two items, but you only authorized payment for one item via PayPal. The one charged to your credit card is a mistake.

It's possible they'll deny your claim (though in general credit cards are pretty pro-consumer) so you don't want to ship it back until you 'win'.

Thanks for all the advice. I sent one last email to them to inform them I was disputing with my cc company and would ship it back once I had confirmed that the charge was removed and responded that now they will cover the shipping. So problem solved.

bread's done
Back