- - - - -

Why is it so hard finding gamecube titles at stores?

#31 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   3778 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:22 AM

K-mart is your best bet for finding GC titles. They have a pretty good selection at $20 and under. Not the Mario or Zelda ones, but they have quite a few in the BB-style front lane boxes, and some decent titles. Actually, I should say not the "real" Mario ones because I found SSX on Tour and NBA Street v3, both of which have Mario, Luigi and Peach as playable characters. (I have an extra one of each to trade if you PM me.)

#32 The Green Giant   Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse CAGiversary!   7697 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:58 AM

K-mart is your best bet for finding GC titles. They have a pretty good selection at $20 and under. Not the Mario or Zelda ones, but they have quite a few in the BB-style front lane boxes, and some decent titles. Actually, I should say not the "real" Mario ones because I found SSX on Tour and NBA Street v3, both of which have Mario, Luigi and Peach as playable characters. (I have an extra one of each to trade if you PM me.)

I bought a few NES games from K-Mart when the N64 was out. They never get rid of their stuff and will be the last to get rid of the GC.

"Did you (republicans) fall down, hit your head and think you woke up in the 1950s? Or the 1890s? Should we call for a doctor?" - Senator Elizabeth Warren.

#33 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3778 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

The K-Marts you go to must not have a lot people buy games from them. The ones around here just have Twilight Princess & Flushed Away left.

Game Crazy seems to be the only place here that still has the big hit GC games new(although some are probably gutted). Nobody seems to go to them, even though they're the only game store in the town.

As for Mr. Roper, if you don't mind getting the Pikmin games used, try Gamestop. Looking at the prices, they're actually the cheapest right now. Pikmin 1 is $10 & Pikmin 2 is $25.

#34 Lone_Prodigy  

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:57 AM

First-party GC controllers are really hard to find nowadays... lots of people are selling their GCs w/ no controllers now. Even EB Games (Canada) sells used GC controllers at $20, and new at $30 (and they still sell out.)

As for Gamecubes themselves, they're flooding the market. EB Games sells used ones for $24.99: considering you get a controller, that's a steal. :D

It's too bad really: there are some excellent GC titles that I wish were in higher supply. I'm not shelling out $30+ for Fire Emblem or the Zelda Collection.

#35 QiG   I'm all out of gum.. CAGiversary!   2866 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

I was fortunate enough to jump on my list of wanted gamecube games shortly after the Wii came out and I have pretty much everything I want. There are several games I refuse to pay more than $20 for including Mario Kart, RE 2/3, MGS:TS, that are out there but I'll probably never get. The only title I am passively looking for is Chibi-Robo which I've seen but haven't bit on yet.

#36 donssword   Gaming longer than u CAGiversary!   1679 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

Is it still easy to find Legend of Zelda Wind Waker?

Easy to find used -- GameStops are flooded with them. The bigger challenge is getting one that is not scratched to hell, if it comes with a manual that was not eaten by someone's baby sister.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#37 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:58 PM

Easy to find used -- GameStops are flooded with them. The bigger challenge is getting one that is not scratched to hell, if it comes with a manual that was not eaten by someone's baby sister.

the manuals not too big of a problem you can get most of the gc 1st party game manuals from the nintendo website. but yeah you have to be careful when you buy used gc games especially from gamestop/ebgames. ive lucked out with most of the stuff i got there on the ps2 side of things but every gc game either didnt have the original box or the game was messed up. but they are selling alot of big name gc titles like metroid prime pretty cheap. its a good place to find alot of gamecube basics.

#38 phattsoe   little gamer that could CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

all good gc games will probably be cleaned out this week coz of the gamestop coupon (hoarders, dammit)... still, hopefully there'll be some good pickups in the meanwhile!
do or do not, there is no try...

#39 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9618 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:40 AM

I wish they'd take advantage of the fact that Wii is BC. Why not release GC/Wii hybrid games...if it's in a Wii, take advantage of the Wiimote and some extra horsepower...if it's in a GC...well fine, it still plays. They must be able to tell what system a disc is in, and excecute code based on it. Why must we always leave old systems to gather dust the moment a new system is even devised? WHY?!?

[Sorry, got a bit carried away...I'm tired.]

Seems possible, since they did it with the Burger King games for the XBox and 360

I'm sure it's not too hard to find used GC games, but it sure is difficult to find new ones. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but a lot of the AAA GC titles were getting a premium on eBay before Christmas. Super Mario Sunshine was selling for $40+, Animal Crossing for $30+, and even stuff like Star Fox Assault sold for a premium. Oh yeah, Mario Party 7 was going for $65+! And the thing is, there really weren't that many available at any given time. That is still the case, though the prices have come down somewhat with this being after Christmas (e.g., MP7 is just selling for $55 or so now).

They are rare (new, anyway) and people DO want them. I'm assuming that there is renewed interest in them because of the Wii - or maybe just simply people with Gamecubes catching up (there are a lot of GCs out there, after all).

I'm really surprised Nintendo isn't reprinting many of these titles - seems like easy money to me. They really should reprint things like SMS, AC, etc, and make Wavebirds again and market them as "Gamecube Classics" for play on the Wii. Heck, they could make a "Gamecube Classic" bundle for the Wii (a couple games, a Wavebird, and a memory card).

I wish I would have checked EBay. I might have sold off some of my Gamecube games especially if I could get back more than what I paid for them.

#40 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6887 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:48 AM

I had the gc as my only console last gen so i stocked up on the top 30 gc titles during its life cycle, including some hard to find ones like ikaruga and eternal darkness

oh and this sexy thang :applause:
Spoiler

Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#41 mcelfour   Level 10 Lord CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

I had the gc as my only console last gen so i stocked up on the top 30 gc titles during its life cycle, including some hard to find ones like ikaruga and eternal darkness

oh and this sexy thang :applause:

Spoiler

I totally wanted one of those, but never found a decent deal on one. You sir, suck, due to your awesomeness. :P

#42 VioletArrows   La Bella Fleche CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

VioletArrows

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:59 PM

I found a lot of the games I wanted for Cube both at Gamestop, and there's these two nice ladies that sell vintage games that come to campus on Wednesdays. I haggled and got Crystal Chronicles for cheap.

Also, flea markets. I hate making the trip, but there's flea markets all over the place here, and I always find stuff for every system (and get weird looks for plastering my face up against the Intellivision case).
Currently playing: ....*shrug*

#43 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6887 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

I totally wanted one of those, but never found a decent deal on one. You sir, suck, due to your awesomeness. :P

i managed to score mines off ebay for about $30 shipped but this was a year back
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#44 mcelfour   Level 10 Lord CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:15 PM

i managed to score mines off ebay for about $30 shipped but this was a year back

Too much for me. I think I saw one for about that at the local EBstop...like a year ago.

As for games, I stocked up before the Wii, as I knew that I'd either get a gamecube or a Wii. I don't know if I knew for sure it would have BC then.

I now have a Wii, and have a trade in progress with a CAGger and Gametz.com member for a 'cube...if he'll ever get his butt in gear and ship off that used gamecube for me.

:bomb:

#45 Ryukahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3668 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I really should have stocked up on GCN games when I got my Wii over a year ago.

#46 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6887 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:05 PM

Too much for me. I think I saw one for about that at the local EBstop...like a year ago.

As for games, I stocked up before the Wii, as I knew that I'd either get a gamecube or a Wii. I don't know if I knew for sure it would have BC then.

I now have a Wii, and have a trade in progress with a CAGger and Gametz.com member for a 'cube...if he'll ever get his butt in gear and ship off that used gamecube for me.

:bomb:

haha best of luck buddy, actually at the time i bought the controller paypal was doing their get spend $30 on ebay and get $15 back promo, which made it all the sweeter 8-)

on a side note, i'm stuck in eternal darkness, so close to finishing it O_o
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#47 HyperWrench   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

HyperWrench

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

I guess I've been lucky, in the last few weeks I've been able to find new, sealed copies of Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe and Pikmin 2 for $10 each. Now every time I'm in any store I look for their discount games bins which seem to be the place that GameCube games have now been banished to.

#48 The Green Giant   Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse CAGiversary!   7697 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

The Sears I have been to have had several Viewtiful Joes up until about a month ago. I didn't buy it because I heard it's insanely hard and I'm not very good at games. :lol:

"Did you (republicans) fall down, hit your head and think you woke up in the 1950s? Or the 1890s? Should we call for a doctor?" - Senator Elizabeth Warren.

#49 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3349 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

I guess I've been lucky, in the last few weeks I've been able to find new, sealed copies of Killer 7, Viewtiful Joe and Pikmin 2 for $10 each. Now every time I'm in any store I look for their discount games bins which seem to be the place that GameCube games have now been banished to.

Those sealed Pikmin 2's sell for about $50 each. You're lucky you can still find that game sealed.

#50 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   3778 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

The Sears I have been to have had several Viewtiful Joes up until about a month ago. I didn't buy it because I heard it's insanely hard and I'm not very good at games. :lol:

Where did you hear/read that it's insanely hard? I was going to get this for my 13-year-old son, but he doesn't like hard games (and has enough that he can move on to something else).

#51 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:42 PM

Where did you hear/read that it's insanely hard? I was going to get this for my 13-year-old son, but he doesn't like hard games (and has enough that he can move on to something else).

its not that hard but it is one of those games that grade you on how you do with each level so as long as your kid doesnt get hung up on that kind of stuff he should be ok. its one of those games you need to figure out what ability to use here or there to make stuff happen.

#52 The Green Giant   Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse CAGiversary!   7697 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:29 AM

I heard the bosses were hard, I'm not good at finishing games. :lol:

#53 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   3778 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

ok, thanks.

#54 maigoyume   The Lost Dreamer CAGiversary!   6887 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

its not that hard but it is one of those games that grade you on how you do with each level so as long as your kid doesnt get hung up on that kind of stuff he should be ok. its one of those games you need to figure out what ability to use here or there to make stuff happen.

oh yea, i got tons of C's for C
Spoiler

the game itself is excellent, cel shaded visuals and 2.5d beat'em up, in terms of uniqueness this game is definitely up there, plus it was done by clover studios
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#55 Ryukahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3668 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

Yes, definitely lucky. Especially getting Pikmin 2 sealed for $10. :drool:

#56 mcelfour   Level 10 Lord CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:47 PM

Yes, definitely lucky. Especially getting Pikmin 2 sealed for $10. :drool:

How about just getting it for $10? That's pretty good even if it was used.

#57 Doomed  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

Got that at a rental store a few years ago, but I'm almost positive it was when it was still redily availible for $30 or so sealed.

sig.gif

#58 Ryukahn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3668 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Very true as well. Just extremely jealous at his being sealed for $10. :bouncy:

#59 mcelfour   Level 10 Lord CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

Very true as well. Just extremely jealous at his being sealed for $10. :bouncy:

I don't care if a game stays sealed. I like to play 'em. I do like to have nice copies, but I draw the line at having a "shelf" sealed copy and a "playable" open copy.

;)

Posted Image Posted Image

Friend Codes
Spoiler

#60 The Green Giant   Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse CAGiversary!   7697 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

I still have Fire Emblem sealed I got from Sears in May 07 for $15. I just never got around to playing it.