Frequency (PS2), $20 at Walmart YMMV

breakingcustoms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I picked this up at a Walmart near Franklin, PA...across from the Cranberry mall. I actually haven't seen this game anywhere, but I saw it there for $20.00 even. Not sure why it wasn't $19.xx.

So if you're looking for this harder to find game, you may want to jump on it!

I played Amplitude which is the sequel to Frequency and it was an awesome game. I said while playing it that it would be much better if it was rock music. Low and behold two years later Guitar Hero comes out.

Frequency is made by Harmonix and is the grandfather of Guitar Hero and Rockband. It is the same gameplay but with techno music and you use controller buttons.

$6.99 used (before any coupon codes), usually ships in 24 hours: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938281

If case and instructions are important, check store availability.

I don't think this is a "harder to find" game, by any stretch of the imagination. Hard to find new/sealed, perhaps, but that is to be expected for a game that is over 6 years old. $20 just seems like way too much to pay at this point in time.

[quote name='guessed']$6.99 used (before any coupon codes), usually ships in 24 hours: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938281

If case and instructions are important, check store availability.

I don't think this is a "harder to find" game, by any stretch of the imagination. Hard to find new/sealed, perhaps, but that is to be expected for a game that is over 6 years old. $20 just seems like way too much to pay at this point in time.[/QUOTE]
$7 is an even better deal for this game, thanks guessed.

I played this and Amplitude and Amplitude is just a lot better. I would buy THAT game for $20. Nice find, though, for those who were looking for this game.

I got it for 5 at circuit city years ago. Then when overstock had that 1.99 error/sale a few months later I picked up Amplitude. Even for 20 its worth it.

I still come across this and Fantavision at random Wal*Marts and both always have the $49.99 tag on them and the shelf. I suppose the managment never notices those games that have been sitting there for 5 or more years that nobody has bought.

Amplitude was a ton of fun in college, I haven't played frequency, but I can vouch on amplitude. I was working at best buy and guitar hero was totally under the radar, I had briefly read a short clip and we got 3 in on a truck the week it came out. My buddy comes up and says it was just like amplitude, so that is why I bought it. Super sprode, Urban Tumbleweed, and Dj HMX FTW!

It's a pretty great game (Amplitude is better however), especially if you're a huge Guitar Hero fan and wanted to own one of the major precursors to it.

It's a good game but Amplitude tweaked a lot of things from Frequency and is much better. What sucks is that looking at the controllers of all the current systems, it seems that there's little chance of a proper sequel in sight.

This has been at a Wal-Mart in the Columbus area for over a year now- can't remember if its been 20 for all this time, however. (Pickerington/Reynoldsburg area)

bread's done
Back