SNK game price drops at EB/GS.com

I wouldn't mind buying a new copy of Metal Slug Anthology for PS2 for $20 if they had it. But used games are pass for me.

that's an amazing price for Metal Slug Anthology. or you can pay $10 for MS3 only on the 360 :roll:

I really torn with MS3. I wanted to get the anthology for the Wii, but I hear its not even 480p. I suppose I could live without the hi-def, since it's just an emulation smoothing-thing anyway, but just 480i? I dunno....

[quote name='mike.m']I'd be interested if I knew I was going to get a case and manual with those.[/QUOTE]
Same here and none of the stores in my area have any in stock. Oh well.

damn I am interested in this but I want the case and book with it. Did anyone get the Samurai Showdown v for xbox? If you got an extra one please PM me.

Picked up Metal Slug Anthology today for $11.69 (25% coupon +10% card)
Also got Ico for $12.99:applause: Why are you guys so scared of used games? These deals are in store too, just ask them to see the disc before you purchase. No way I would order online without knowing disc condition or if it was complete.

The PS2 version has been so dang high for a while, so I just got the Wii version.. but it's back ordered here already anyway. Eh well.

DAMN! Just spent all my budget on No Mores Heroes and have 4 bucks in credit floating around at GS. Man with the 10% off coupon 14 bucks for MSA is amazing...I might just have to bite.

..and sorry if I am missing something are these temporary? And I assume that its the same price at B&M Stores? I realize it says .com, but usually they are pretty consistent in my experience.

I can confirm that it's $19.99 new at Gamestop. Used the store locator to find a used one locally and they had a new copy as well. Got both.

I picked up a disc only PS2 version using the 25% off coupon and Edge card after tax the total came out to a little bit under $13. I would have preferred a complete copy but I am happy. :) Thanks OP.

[quote name='kevzik']Anyone think these are universal drops?

Assuming they are 19.99 new?[/quote]
it wouldn't be shocking since the game 15 months old.

And wouldn'be surprised if it didn't sell as well as petz horesez II and Chicken Shoot.

Any one confirm a Gamecrazy pricedrop....they have had one used wii copy for over a year at 27.xx

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The resolution is the least of the problems with MSA. There are emulation issues and the wii version has bad control options.[/quote]

Agreed. Shaking the controller to throw a grenade is downright stupid.

That being said, I'm picking up the MSA for PSP if I can find it.

I bought my used copy (complete and like new) at GS wednesday for 34.99 ( b4 10% e-mail coupon) , and I am hoping they will price match. I'd hate to return it and risk losing it, as according to my store localtor mine was the only copy within 50 miles of me, and all my local B&Ms (BB, CC, Tru, etc.) are sold out.

I was playing the games quite a bit last night. I could not notice the lag so many people complained about. Excellent compilation disc.

Recent announcement of SNK Arcade Classics being released for the PS2 and PSP in a few months may be the reason for the price drops.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']There's like 5 control schemes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHehcdQfHjk
If you can't find one that plays well enough for you.... the problem is not with MSA. It's you.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for proving my point.

Seriously, the compilation is decent even with all of it's problems but there is no way in the world I'm using any of those control schemes to play the games seriously (such as one crediting all the games).

I found a "new" copy of MSA for PS2 yesterday. Last gutted copy but $19.99 better than $39.99 at Best Buy. Once I pulled the manual and disc out of the shrinkwrap, it was minty fresh, so I guess none of the Gamestop guys took this one home to play it for months at a time...

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Sam Showdown for XBOX is a go! Ive been waiting forever for it to drop.:cool:[/quote]

It shows out of stock for me :cry:

I grabbed the Metal Slug Anthology new for the Wii this past weekend (along with Dewy) for $20. Great set of games for the price. The emulation seems fine to me. It did take me awhile to find a control scheme I felt comfortable with, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be Wii Remote and Nunchuck is pretty good overall.

I got MSA for the Wii for $16.96 new a few weeks ago from CC; I'd definitely jump on it for $19.99 new (or $17.99 used if it were complete and in good enough shape) if I didn't already have it. I don't buy used games online from GS, since there's no guarantee of completeness, let alone condition. Ah, for the good old days before GS bought EB, you could order used from EB and know you were getting a complete game on the then-current generation consoles (GC, PS2, Xbox).

Just an FYI if your still out to get something you might have a chance! I did find (2/1/08)a new copy of Samurai shown for XBOX for $9.99:applause::applause: It had the original stick under it saying $29.99.

I guess it pays to visit a GS that's a little further away occasionally. I not only scored complete copies of MSA for both PS2 and PSP that are both pretty close to mint, but Tetris DS and Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner as well. Used coupon and Edge card to take PSP games MSA and Monster Kingdom down to 11.69 each.

bread's done
Back