Contest (CAGcast #104) Win 1 of 4 copies of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS)

From "Rock Out With Your (what do you mean I can’t say that) Out"

Hmm..seeing as how my original Rock Band guitar was trash, there is no way I am going to pay for another one…
Posted by muncle on 01/25 at 01:37 AM

*Crosses Fingers*

Better Than Free Camel Toe
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/better_than_free_camel_toe/

bah. I can’t believe I was waiting so long for this free title. I was even a little excited!
I played this game for about 10 minutes before becoming bored. I don’t think I’ll ever play this again. Am I missing out on something?

Posted by Arcademode on 01/25 at 02:14 AM
Page 1 of 1 pages

oh, I need to win this! I'm a starving college student!
It's very kind of you, Wombat, to donate your own copy of the game for us.

Rock Out With Your (what do you mean I can’t say that) Out

Posted by Wombat on 01/24 at 04:43 PM

Finally!! A date for the drums. I’m in the same position. I already have a guitar so no need to spend 180 bucks for just the drum set. I’m still disappointed that these instruments are not bundled with the game.

Posted by strdr4 on 01/25 at 02:40 AM

Wait, So Electronic Arts are the Good Guys?

finally EA’s putting all that money to good use

Posted by emperor922 on 01/25 at 02:47 AM

I pretty much enjoyed the trial of this game, so I can’t see why I won’t enjoy the full thing. Kinda sucks for the developers though since Microsoft is handing their game out for free.

Posted by Z-Saber on 01/25 at 02:52 AM

"I wish that Microsoft would have somehow given people the option of a few games to choose from. I know that not everybody will like this type of game, so why not give them a variety to choose from. Even though this will never happen I still like the gesture from Microsoft. All I really want them to do now is to make sure that the downtime never happens again to that degree. I have downloaded it but have yet to play it.

Posted by Quintessence on 01/25 at 03:04 AM"

From: Rock Out With Your (what do you mean I can’t say that) Out

"This is great news! Glad to see rock band continuing to move forward! Posted by genius33 on 01/25 at 03:25 AM"

from Rock Out With Your (what do you mean I can’t say that) Out

"I couldn’t wait for the individually sold instruments, so I went ahead and pick up the bundle for the drum set. I did recoup some of the price by selling the guitar and mic back though."
01/25 at 03:41 AM

"Better Than Free Camel Toe"

Hmm, I think I would still go for the free camel toe. I was not a big fan of the demo, adn I don’t really think this was the proper way to have handled their XBL outage. (free month or just the 800 points plx)
But I do appreciate that they gave us something, and that’s one step in the right direction.
Now Advance wars I would take over Camel Toe
smile.gif

Posted by UnderLiness on 01/25 at 03:54 AM
Page 1 of 1 pages

Oh yes I would like a copy of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin because its very similar to Fire Emblem series.

Most Anticipated in 2008: PC

I was about to say...Wombat doesn’t know anything about PC gaming..!! But really? Pirates of the Burning Sea? Over Left 4 Dead and Project Origin?
I don’t know about that.

Posted by Gem on 01/25 at 05:08 AM

Wait, So Electronic Arts are the Good Guys?

I thought EA’s PR department did an excellent job in responding to such erroneous and outlandish claims. I hope EA continues to ensue this until they get an apology as well as a retraction to the story.
Posted by DoppelGangerKnight on 01/25 at 06:41 AM

There is a Reason Consoles Don’t Have Robots Anymore

weird, my friend in grade school had this but i never saw it work before.

Posted by jdubya93 on 01/25 at 07:30 AM

Pieces of "Masterpieces" On Brawl

Chalk it up as a test to see whether implementing demos would increase VC sales. I’m sure Nintendo has heard the clamor for demos from the rabid (as they, or some poor intern, must hear the clamor for more robust online), but they play it so safe with their business it makes sense they’d want some hard data before they spent the money on a demo service.

Besides, by putting demos on a popular title like Smash Bros. (the perfect game for a multi-game scattershot approach) they eliminate network and download costs. Well played, Nintendo. Well played.

Posted by Erich on 01/25 at 10:32 AM

CAGcast 104 is on the Air
Oh great! The new CAGcast is out. Actually I’m sitting here outside of my class room waiting for the last class to get out so I can go learn about the mechanics of fluids. Fun fun, right? Well, I spose I ought to get to reading the rest of the blog posts.

Posted by iowaholdem on 01/25 at 10:40 AM

Despite having given the world the wonders such as M.U.L.E. and Command & Conquer, most people know that E.A. has pretty much lost their soul.
This action, standing up for games in general against yellow journalism, might be one of the only ways they can earn it back.
Good for them.

Posted by Blaine on 01/25 at 10:43 AM

Rock Out With Your (what do you mean I can’t say that) Out
hope these guitars are better quality then the one that came with my bundle…
Posted by orangemage on 01/25 at 11:02 AM

Pieces of “Masterpieces” On Brawl

As posted by Erich, I really hope this is Nintendo’s way of testing the waters on offering VC demos in the Wii Shop channel. It is a neat feature of Brawl, which is already packing a ton of content, but I would rather Nintendo implement this on their actual VC games.

Posted by arthurdigbysellers on 01/25 at 11:05 AM

Most Anticipated in 2008: Wii

The Wii gets most of my console time since my wife considers it “family time”. There may not be the mass of quality titles, but there is plenty to fit up the time I have to spare.

Posted by juvo on 01/25 at 11:08 AM

Most Anticipated in 2008: PC

There’s something wrong with this list, it only lists Starcraft 2 once! BLASPHEMY!

Posted by super_nerd on 01/25 at 12:14 PM

Pieces of "Masterpieces" On Brawl

Man, I can’t believe they keep pouring more stuff into this game. It’s getting really silly. The good kind of silly.
Posted by letsgetacid on 01/25 at 12:49 PM

I gotta agree I can't wait for SSBM! As for the demos, it's a really lame way to give demos. Nintendos online service is very weak. Demos are needed for games before I spend $10 on a game that's over 10 years old. The prices are way to high to not allow demos for the junk they offer.

"I think its pretty awesome, the Japanese Brawl Site also has Earthbound/Mother 2 and I think the other game shown there is Fire Emblem on the NES.."

That is in the "Pieces of "Masterpieces" On Brawl" post.

This could actually be a really great idea. I’m sure there will be several people picking this game up who are not as knowledgeable about Nintendo as the rest of us, due to the Wii successfully drawing in people who’ve never played a video game before or haven’t touched it in years, or even some of us gurus might not have played a particular game, such as me never touching Kid Icarus. Having the demos is a great way for those people to get a slight idea of why that character is great, and could help boost VC sales slightly.
Now, I just wish they would hurry up and allow demos on the actual market place!

Posted by Aku on 01/25 at 01:14 PM

bread's done
Back