New Game Selling Website!

All your prices are the same as GameStop's. Are you just a portal for GameStop (and getting referral commissions)? Nothing wrong with that, except a lot of the games at Gamestop are out of stock but are orderable on your site.

[quote name='stocker08']??? i am managing a website for someone else. his website sells clothes. i should fix that...[/quote]

LOL ... I thought it was going to be something dumb like that #-o :lol:

no offense man, but why would you expect people to buy from your clothing/now video game website when they can buy the games for the same price with cheaper shipping and a gaurantee that what they are buying is authentic and what they ordered like a chain store website such as Gamestop or Ebgames. I think you may also want to invest in an actual .com address as well.

You really should update the About Us page as well before you go advertising your site. Reading about how you're a clothing retailer and only accept returns if the tag is unaltered does not instill the most confidence in people buying videogames. Good luck with it though.

Its a nice website, don;t know if I would buy anything. I only trust eb and gamestop and best buy now after being ripped off by two stores I got from yahoo stores thing. Nice store so far though

If you want me to shop there, you're going to have to make me WANT to go there. And I don't want to go there if I can get authenticated products from a different source for the same prices. You have to make the customer WANT to go out of his way. Good luck.

edit-fixed grammatical error.

since this is your inagural posting of your new website and most all of us are loyal fanatic gamers who would luv to get behind you maybe you could throw a 10% of coupon(or more?) and a free shipping code into this thread for maybe a week or two. You get good word of mouth here maybe you could do well. would any of us boutght from VGD if it wasnt for finding out the place is legit and the guy posts like crazy on here.
throw us some coupons im all over that disgaea for 45 with maybe 20% off and free shipping :)

Not too bad. The shipping is a tad expensive. Perhaps if you offered some type of coupons like VGA for free shipping after a certain price.

Though I'm not gonna ask you to lower a lot of your prices (because after all, it is a business and though we CAGs would love something to be cheap, it would hurt you greatly), but you can do a bit better. Much luck on your venture.

the shipping has been changed to $2.75.
there is also a code for 10% off.
STOCK10 is the code. please keep submiting other suggestions.
Thanks

Please do something about the neon green in the background. If you're colorblind, you're lucky. That is one painful color.

You need to prominently state if a game is PO. I am assuming that the ones that don't say this in the blue paragraph once you select a game's details are new. I would be more assured if there was a big standard graphic showing me that it was used.

Also, don't threaten to kill potential customers.

ok the backround color has been changed. i will have to post that on the site, that the games are all Pre-owned but in great condition. exept the ones that dont say they are pre-owned, they are new...

the website has been fixed up. check it out because a lot of the prices dropped and it now says wether the game is new or preowned

i am placing my first order on this website now! i'll let all the CAG'ers know how well it goes! i guess i'm the test bunny, lol! :lol: wish me luck!

btw stocker, it's no big deal, but when i'm filling out my mailing address, the red asterik for "zip code" is missing. might want to put that in so it'll look right.

oh yea, one more thing... when i did a search for final fantasy X-2, it just went to the first page :( i also tried a search for final fantasy x (took me to the first page), final fantasy 10 (said 0 criteria found), etc. i tried many times. oh well, best of luck on your new website. just to let everybody know, i ordered advance wars 1 (PO) and a brand new advance wars 2 for the low cost of $42.83 shipped (with insurance). saved me about 3 bucks compared to gamestop. i'll keep everybody informed on my order.

The only thing I see that needs changing is that many games aren't classified properly. Fighting games are listed under shooters, and in the fighting category there seem to be games from every other genre.

Wow, the feedback is phenomenal. I don't know what I'm more impressed with - the direct and blunt criticisms (without being nasty) or the handling of the suggestions in such a positive matter.

Here's my suggestion. I'm ready to order, but the "May or may not include case/instructions" really throws me off. I'm not one to really gamble on whether I'm getting a "complete" game or just a disc in a generic case. Any chance that will be changing soon?

(Also, if you staggered your prices according to whether games had case/instructions, etc. it would be a nice point of difference from the other game sites).

Otherwise, great site. This is the first time I've been to a game site where there were actually some really good games available to buy (Most places just have 50 copies of Metal Gear Solid 2 and a bunch of Madden titles).

Thanks.

anybody know where i can print out manuals if i don't get one?

oh yea, if my first order comes through, then i'll be recommending this site to all of my friends :D plus, i'll post it on my website/blog.

One thing so noone tries ripping you off, Burnout 2 Xbox costs $46.99, but can be bought for $17.99 from EB. Right now with how much you're charging, the trade in is $25.19, so you may want to adjust it before someone else makes that connection and wants to make some easy money.

Expanding on your selling and trading policies would be helpful. If this is already on the site I stand corrected, but I couldn't seem to find it. It's coming along great though.

so far here is what has been fixed today:

1. there are now coupons
2. shipping is cheaper
3. games are cheaper
4. the more info page is fixed
5. i changed the (annoying) green backround
6. games now say if they are preowned

so if you have not checked out the website today, then please check it out because it is better.

please keep sending sugestions to make the site better. :)

I was wondering if you could maybe package the Grand Theft Auto Double pack together Preowned as well as seperate, because everywhere I got theyre seperate and it will cost me more to buy them together and I dont get the cool box. Just wondering. Great site...Always willing to support the underdog as long as the underdog is a scammer!

metroidkiller9- the coupon is for 10% off. its STOCK10. you cant put it in while your on the shopping cart page. you have to sign up first, unfortunatly.
The ratchet and clank is most likely GH if you are buying it new, but you have a 50%, 50% chance of getting a non-GH one if you buy it used.

karmapolice620- i dont understand you question really. please restate what you were trying to ask me. Thanks

I was wondering if you could sell the Preowned Grand Theft Auto games on Xbox together. Most other sites have them apart, and it would be nice if I could buy them both, but cheaper! Thank you for your time.

I was wondering if you could sell the Preowned Grand Theft Auto games on Xbox together. Most other sites have them apart, and it would be nice if I could buy them both, but cheaper! Thank you for your time.

I like how you have be new games with pre-owned bonuses from EB. Some of those trinkets are kinda neat (or in the case of the Suffering, more than neat... another game!)

bread's done
Back