What do you eat to keep you .. uhhh .. regular?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Is there a certain food that you eat daily or frequently to keep your digestive system on track? Post away. Perhaps you can help someone (me :cry:) with a very slow metabolism.

This is not a lie:

A friend of mine said that one of his roommates shits once or twice a week.

I also have a very slow metabolism.

The best way to cope with it is to exercise and eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.

[quote name='Brak']This is not a lie:

A friend of mine said that one of his roommates shits once or twice a week.[/quote]
Too much info--->
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm thrilled when I go more than twice in a week.
Which is why I made this thread in hopes of finding some kind of miracle food that will help me. I drink coffee and water and eat vegetables but no dice. :cry:

[quote name='Maklershed']Too much info--->
Which is why I made this thread in hopes of finding some kind of miracle food that will help me. I drink coffee and water and eat vegetables but no dice. :cry:[/quote]

tea would work wonders compared to coffee

[quote name='Brak']This is not a lie:

A friend of mine said that one of his roommates shits once or twice a week.[/QUOTE]

just out of curiosity, how many times SHOULD you shit a week?

I once had a friend that took six shits in one day, after eating some dorm food that is.

Anyway, try mini-wheats, that cereal could keep anyone regular.

[quote name='gregthomas77']just out of curiosity, how many times SHOULD you shit a week?[/quote]
After consultation with some friends, apparently its the norm to go at least once a day.

[quote name='gregthomas77']just out of curiosity, how many times SHOULD you shit a week?[/quote]

Some doctors say once, maybe twice a day.

[quote name='Maklershed']Re-he-heally? :whistle2:k Any specific brand or type/flavor of tea?[/quote]

Lipton is superb

Depending on what flavor you like, it's basically all the same - I personally like their green tea

[quote name='mtxbass1']Bananas, Coffee, and some sort of fiber always help.[/quote]

bananas will constipate you, not the other way around. fresh apple cider on the other hand is as good as eating prunes without actually having to eat prunes.

green leafy veggies like romaine lettuce, baby greens, spinach are good along with broccoli and califlower, so is hearty whole wheat/whole grain bread (the real kind, not the wonderbread variety)

[quote name='Maklershed']Too much info--->
Which is why I made this thread in hopes of finding some kind of miracle food that will help me. I drink coffee and water and eat vegetables but no dice. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Damn! I thought my friend's roommate was some sort of anomaly.

I think, on average, I boo boo - at least - three times a day.

Maybe my metabolism isn't as bad as I thought.

[quote name='Brak']Damn! I thought my friend's roommate was some sort of anomaly.

I think, on average, I boo boo - at least - three times a day.

Maybe my metabolism isn't as bad as I thought.[/quote]
:lol: Referring to it that way never gets old. You stole that from Greystone! And I wish I had your metabolism. Although, that sounds like a lot of time to be spending in the bathroom in one day.

Overall, eat more fiber. That's what I did and I'm going niiiice! \\:D/

Also, metamucil is amazing. It really will help.
So if you can get metamucil, spinach, apples, and some whole wheat bread in your body every day for a few days.. you should be good :bouncy:

I drink a lot of milk and take a lot of protein. I have a soft huge one every morning :lol:

From my understanding, carbs and some other foods bind in your digestive system, thus making it harder to pass.

Probably you should not just be looking at what you should eat, but what you should avoid eating. Less meat and grease. Also, cosider seeing a Doctor to make sure it't not something serious.

if youre having problems pooping cut out cheese or peanutbutter for a while. me all i have to do is drink milk since im somewhat lactose intollerant and it clears me up quick. prune juice is good too as is bran cereal ( like shredded wheat frosted or plain) and if that dont work they sell yogurt with something in it that makes you shit like crazy.

[quote name='Maklershed']About metamucil ... doesnt your body gain a dependance on it and after awhile things dont work for themselves anymore with it?[/QUOTE]

Well if you use it much. Much as in like 3x a day EVERYDAY for say.. 6 months?? Then yes, I'd say that may cause you to be dependant. I try to do just one in the morning. I do 2 teaspoons and that's it. I sometimes forget and I'm still fine.

[quote name='lokizz']if youre having problems pooping cut out cheese or peanutbutter for a while. me all i have to do is drink milk since im somewhat lactose intollerant and it clears me up quick. prune juice is good too as is bran cereal ( like shredded wheat frosted or plain) and if that dont work they sell yogurt with something in it that makes you shit like crazy.[/quote]

Probiotic yogurt?

Like Chika said eat more fruits and vegetables. Eat things that are natural, non processed. If that doesn't work it might be a serious problem, but you probably just need to do that.

Uncle Sam cereal. If you are not shitting within 30 minutes of eating it, you have something wrong with you. It is suprisingly tasty too!

Also drinks lots of water, at least 24oz. a day and stay away from Bananas, Cheese and Applesauce.

[quote name='Chika']green leafy veggies like romaine lettuce, baby greens, spinach are good along with broccoli and califlower, so is hearty whole wheat/whole grain bread (the real kind, not the wonderbread variety)[/QUOTE]
Guess that explains why I'm such a great pooper. Spinach, broccoli, and whole wheat bread are staples in my diet. :D

[quote name='Chika']bananas will constipate you, not the other way around.[/quote]
I beg to differ. And passed experience backs me up on that (hee hee!) :whistle2:&

Fiber is good.

so is spicy food-- hot sauces, hot peppers, anything spicy. be warned though, if you eat enough, it's spicy on the way out as well. but just like normal spiciness, you build up a tolerance to that too.

[quote name='Maklershed']Probiotic yogurt?[/quote]

the name of the brand is activia. fuckin shit will have you shittin like crazy trust me i had to find out the hard way cause i was hungry and there the yogurt was so why not. if you eat it be sure you have access to a toilet.

See I took that Activia challenge and I must have failed. ::shrugs::
I did not shit anymore or any differently while I was eating that.

[quote name='lilboo']See I took that Activia challenge and I must have failed. ::shrugs::
I did not shit anymore or any differently while I was eating that.[/quote]You mean the natural cultures of Bifidus Regularis did nothing for you?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You mean the natural cultures of Bifidus Regularis did nothing for you?[/QUOTE]

Nothing.
Who'da thunk it?! :dunce:

[quote name='lilboo']Nothing.
Who'da thunk it?! :dunce:[/quote]I'm just surprised nobody has posted "omg u should eat at taco bell it gives you da shits!"

Okay, this is an ancient Chinese secret: Moo-Shu pork! It has cabbage (+ 5 BM power) and the real secret is in the sauce. That delicious plum sauce is actually made of dried plums AKA prunes (+ 100 BM power).

Have some of the stir fried (not steamed) pot-stickers and you will have the colon blow effect you desire!

Also, someone recommended milk and yogurt, those have the opposite effect you desire and you should avoid them.

Drink some fruit juice, dehydration is a big cause of constipation.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9wl3l5_LI0[/media]

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I'm hungry for some shit. That's right, I'm a fecalphiliac.[/QUOTE]
So, if you eat shit, does it come out in the same state that it goes in? Turds pass through as turds, nuggets pass through as nuggets, etc.?

And pretty much any processed food makes me shit some nasty shits.

EAt lots of fiber, drink at least 8 cups of water, cut down on the dairy, etc etc. It is very simple once you understand how it works.

bread's done
Back