What are the best SNES two player games?

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Tell me. I must know.

I always play SNES with my little sister when I go over her house but we're getting tired of retreading the same few games over and over. We've already got Super Mario World, SMB Allstars, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong and Zombies Ate my Neighbors. I'm hoping for co-op or platformers here because I demolish her in just about every fighting/racing game there is.

Suggestions?

[quote name='crunchewy']Kirby! Especially Kirby Super Star, but also Kirby Dreamland 3. Both of these are a lot of fun and feature coop play.[/QUOTE]
You forgot the best multiplayer Kirby game of all time - Kirby's Dream Course. Kirby's Avalanche is great, too!

TMNT IV
Tetris Attack
Tetris/Dr. Mario
Uniracers
Secret of Mana
Contra III
Killer Instinct
Knights of the Round
Super Bomberman 2

Probably forgetting a whole ton, here...

NBA Jam or other sports games.. i know they don't necessarily appeal to girls.. but they are fun to the point and easy to play with multiple players on the SNES..

Donkey kong country
Contra 3
TMNT in time
Final fight 2, and 3
knights of the round
King of dragons
Double Dragon
Battletoads in battlemania
Battletoads and double dragon
Super mario world
Mario kart

I'm sure there is alot I cant think of. I loved snes.

yeah, it's all about turtles in time! i agree with all the beam-em-up recommendations (final fight, double dragon, etc). kirby will surprise you as well...

Secret of Mana... that game's pretty good alone but fantastic with another person.

I don't think a 2nd player takes part through the whole game though, only like 85%. I've never gotten too far in it so I can't say for sure.

Super Mario World, my GF loves it. :D Also .. Killer Instinct is very fun 2 player, back a few years ago when it first came out, me and a couple buddies got hours of entertainment out of that game.

A lot of my picks have been mentioned:

Secret of Mana
Contra 3
Street Fighter 2

One that was left out:

Smash TV

smas0001.png

Has no one said Kirby's Avalanche??

Sure, it's just PuyoPop with a Kirby skin, but who cares? It's still one of the most played multiplayer games I've ever owned!

One that is often overlooked, espeically if you love RPGS is Secret of Mana. It had two player and was quite a bit of fun.

Edit: Whoops, didn't expect so many people to recognize how great Secret of Mana was, but glad I was wrong. I third or fourth the movement on Secret of Mana, great game and even better multi.

[quote name='johnnypark']Has no one said Kirby's Avalanche??

Sure, it's just PuyoPop with a Kirby skin, but who cares? It's still one of the most played multiplayer games I've ever owned![/quote]
[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You forgot the best multiplayer Kirby game of all time - Kirby's Dream Course. Kirby's Avalanche is great, too![/quote]
kirin lemon's got your back!

NBA Jam. My sister and I played this all the time back in the day. It was the only sports game she was into and she isn't even a sports fan. That's saying something.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hncvGSwO1-E[/media]

I second pretty much everything already mentioned, especially TMNT IV, and Legend of the Mystical Ninja. I'll add to the list Sunsetriders.

Super Metroid !!! And here is a complete list of most all NES and SNES games. I play a bunch of them on my Motorola DROID with the emulator app. No need cownloading generic games with this.. It is AWESOME

Here is the list for the Nintendo
http://www.roms4droid.com/r/directory.php?dir=nes

Here is the list for the Super Nintendo
http://www.roms4droid.com/r/directory.php?dir=snes

They have them for other systems too just look under ROMS on the list to the left..
Works on any DROID phone highly recommend them but posting the links so people can look through and pick out ones maybe find ones they don't remember

I also recommend NBA Jam. Played that with my sister in co-op and versus. I'd block shots and she would steal. Now that I think about it, I would consider it one of the best games from that generation.

A few people have mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (or Hero Turtles) IV: Turtles in Time... but I just have to reiterate how much I loved this title. I played this one over and over again when I was in junior high... just never seemed to get tired of it.

It's a fun, light-hearted game.

[quote name='equest943']Was UN Squadron multiplayer on consoles or just in the arcades? And was stunt racer fx 2 player?[/QUOTE]

Just in the arcades. It's only singleplayer iirc, I'm about to pull it out just to check. I only remember 1p though.

Great game!

Strange question here... there is this game looks alot like mystical ninja (alot alot) but in de beginning (goemon) is an sort of adult like person who throws bowling balls over the floor... anyone got this game because i need to know the name...

anyways!
1. Tiny Toons adventure something challenge
2. tetris battle gaiden (jap)
3. super bomberman ofcourse!
4. gooftroop

well those are games my gf likes so..

Anyways can SOMEBODY please tell me the name of the game (^look above^) would help me alot!

[quote name='Freaze']Strange question here... there is this game looks alot like mystical ninja (alot alot) but in de beginning (goemon) is an sort of adult like person who throws bowling balls over the floor... anyone got this game because i need to know the name... [/QUOTE]

The only old school Co-Op game I can think of that has a bowling ball for a weapon is Three Dirty Dwarves. But that was for the Sega Saturn.

Secret of Mana. I rented this a lot when I was in middle school. I got it on Virtual Console on the Wii and want to get my girlfriend into it, but have to buy another Wii Classic Controller. :/

bread's done
Back