Next Rogers Video 2/30 or 2/40?

[quote name='Frendo']Anyone know when Rogers will have this deal on again?[/quote]

1. It will pe posted AS SOON AS WE KNOW. The rumour is around 2/14.
2. Please do not make threads like this and post questions in the Q&A thread...

I know this is terrible, but I'm tired of being shut out everytime during these deals. I've hid 4 games around the Rogers I go to, hopefully they are still there come deal time.

[quote name='Frendo']I know this is terrible, but I'm tired of being shut out everytime during these deals. I've hid 4 games around the Rogers I go to, hopefully they are still there come deal time.[/quote]
Thats not terrible. Reselling good games instead of letting others get them is terrible.
If you plan on using the games, what your doing is fine, within reason.

I've seen copies of Mass Effect and Bioshock, but no manuals. Boo-urns.

I'm waiting for Blockbuster deals: tons of used games for sale.

[quote name='Kekumba']If only BBV ran this sale.. every time I walk in there they have every game under the sun lying around.[/QUOTE]
Thats because they only take a buck off the price for the newly released stuff. Case in point I saw VF5 for the 360 about a month after it came out PPV for 59 they were selling it new for 61. Holy fuck what a savings

Well, all the better then? :lol: The point is, the BBV closest to me has always had a ridiculous selection, no harm in that!

What I was getting at is I think all the BBV have great selections because no one ever buys anything there lol mine always has an insane collection too

What I was getting at is I think all the BBV have great selections because no one ever buys anything there lol mine always has an insane collection too

I need this sale. My Rogers has a shit ton on sale. Several Mass Effects, 2k8's, CoD4 and the like.

It is probably a long shot to expect Burnout Paradise to go PV this month, no?

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']I need this sale. My Rogers has a shit ton on sale. Several Mass Effects, 2k8's, CoD4 and the like.

It is probably a long shot to expect Burnout Paradise to go PV this month, no?[/quote]

it's possible, it's all dependant on how often it is rented. If for whatever reason it is not getting rented then it could get PV'd.

[quote name='magiic']it's possible, it's all dependant on how often it is rented. If for whatever reason it is not getting rented then it could get PV'd.[/quote]

I might as well post a little sign on their front window stating "WARNING: Burnout Paradise-do not rent, as game disc prone to shatter inside consoles".

[quote name='magiic']so have we decided it's not this weekend?[/quote]

It doesn't seem like it's on this weekend. Crossing fingers for next one :(

No Magiic, i asked the guy today at 4:30 (diffucult as i just had my wisdom teeth removed this morning), but he said that it was going to be the friday before valentines day (next friday.) but apparently not the friday after that because they have some other promotion in the works for that one. (hopefully something to do with blu-rays)

[quote name='TheLance 69']he said that it was going to be the friday before valentines day (next friday.) but apparently not the friday after that because they have some other promotion in the works for that one. (hopefully something to do with blu-rays)[/quote]

Friday before valentines day (14th) is TODAY. What's going on?

The 15th makes sense since the 18th is that new stat holiday. Or is that only in Ontario? I don't remember the exact name, Family Day? I know I don't work and my daughter is home from school, which makes it a long weekend and often when these rogers things happen.

ah yeah, the new holiday on the 18th. it's called "Louis Riel Day" in Manitoba because a school suggested the name. honestly, they could have called it anything, so the name it has is pretty meaningless.

Yea, it is called "Family Day" in Ontario. Hopefully I'll be able to snag some wii games so the family can play and indeed make it a family day.

Family day ftw. I remember when the teachers told everyone that, everyone was like "WTF...uhhh, sweet!"

[quote name='izaaz101']4 day weekends, that's crazy. Are you loaded up with classes Tu/W/Th?[/quote]

Yeah, my Tu/W/Th are pretty bad.

Tuesday:
8:30 - 10:30 class
11:30 - 12:20 class
6 hour break woooooo
6:30 - 7:20 class

So I'm at school for 11 hours

Wednesday:
8:30 - 9:20 class
10:30 - 3:20 classes no breaks x.x

Thursday's aren't bad:
9:30 - 11:20 class
2:30 - 3:50 class

I'm hoping to grab at least a couple of games I've been wanting. Namely Kane & Lynch and Mass Effect. Burnout Paradise would be a surprise but I doubt it.

[quote name='magiic']Ok you know you have hit a new low when you are having dreams about the 2/$40 sales :([/quote]

Been there. :p

[quote name='izaaz101']11 hours, ouch. At UBC, right? What do you do for the other 6 hours?[/quote]

SFU.
Thankfully the campus has a games room =) I just play Team Fortress 2 or Smash with friends. Or bring my 360 HDD and play a game.

[quote name='Firestorm']SFU.
Thankfully the campus has a games room =) I just play Team Fortress 2 or Smash with friends. Or bring my 360 HDD and play a game.[/quote]

Ah, I remember hearing about that. They also have a sort of game "library," where you could borrow games for a couple days, right? When I was at UBC, they had an arcade, but they shut that down. But, since I lived on campus, it was fine. Next year when I go back though, I'll need to take my ds, fully charged.

[quote name='Firestorm']SFU.
Thankfully the campus has a games room =) I just play Team Fortress 2 or Smash with friends. Or bring my 360 HDD and play a game.[/quote]

theirs a game room at SFU? my friend told me that their was an arcade but never told me where

[quote name='idontknow69']theirs a game room at SFU? my friend told me that their was an arcade but never told me where[/quote]

It's inside the library, right on the side when you enter. (SFU Surrey)

[quote name='izaaz101']Ah, I remember hearing about that. They also have a sort of game "library," where you could borrow games for a couple days, right? When I was at UBC, they had an arcade, but they shut that down. But, since I lived on campus, it was fine. Next year when I go back though, I'll need to take my ds, fully charged.[/quote]

Arcades always go under: laptops and console ports have seen to that. Even DDR and those motion-sensing games have found their way to consoles (namely the Wii.) Even Playdium at Metrotown shut down.

Firestorm, did you spend the night at SFU last week?

[quote name='magiic']been talking to the guys at my Rogers and they still have heard nothing[/quote]

BOOOOO BS!!

bread's done
Back