Why does Disney keep sending me Disney Pixar Cars Die Cast Blu-ray Lightening McQueen

WiiDSmoker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (97%)
I have 5 of these things. And one of them was manufactured wrong; it has no eyes. What's the deal? I just received 3 more in the mail today.

l_19ff89a14ead8838bec0edd198ccd9cb.jpg

l_5b2859c0db14f32467770d68f63b7cb1.jpg

If you are willing to part with any of them... i'd be interested. Preferably the one without the eyes... I actually never bought cars, but have been interested in getting the die-cast.

Just PM me if interested

[quote name='bil4ltool']Jeez, I signed up for one, I hope I get gobs of these. I'm selling them on ebay.[/QUOTE]
how do u sign up for one link please

[quote name='dsullo']I don't see the car listed as a reward?[/QUOTE]

It is not a reward per se. If you buy the Blu-Ray version of the movie Cars, entering the code into the website gave you rights to buy a car for $3.99 for S/H...or something to that effect. Anyhow, given the mishap with the shipping across the country, I have to wonder if the supply has now been depleted.

This thread is like the guy from Maroon 5 starting a thread Why do hottie actresses keep sleeping with me? It's a good problem to have.

I'm just jealous I haven't gotten mine yet.

[quote name='iazybandit']Whenever TRU had the BOGO offer. I submitted it a day later and my first car came last week or so. Second car came this week.

You can find the status of yours @ https://portal.archway.com/run/Lookup?key=BVISTA[/quote]
it claims it can't find my order

Edit: I just checked my bank account online, and the charge is gone from Disney fuck, looks like I wont be getting one..

I didnt even want to sell it, lol

[quote name='MrDubbs']it claims it can't find my order

Edit: I just checked my bank account online, and the charge is gone from Disney fuck, looks like I wont be getting one..

I didnt even want to sell it, lol[/QUOTE]
Call them up.

Also, the charge is there temporarily. After a certain amount of days, the charge drops because Disney didnt fully go through with it. I guess this is for the verification purposes. Just like going to gas station or something. They usually place a $1 charge but it disappears and you get charged full amount later one.

With Disney, same with me. I got charged $3.50 and a couple days or weeks later, I got charged $3.50. Submitted 1 Cars code and received 2 cars already. 2 more seem to be coming. DO NOT PM ME ASKING FOR THEM.

[quote name='Crichton']You have to buy Cars on Blu-Ray and enter the code inside on Disney Movie Rewards and pay $3.50 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

where is the code and is it in the dvd ver

[quote name='starmask2k3']where is the code and is it in the dvd ver[/QUOTE]
He stated its for Blu-Ray and the code is INSIDE the case. So in order to get the code, you have to open the Blu-Ray. So no, its not on regular DVD version

What the hell? I'm looking in my Cars blu-ray and there's the insert with the code on it but the white box is empty. The golden arrow is pointing to nothing. Am I supposed to pour my blood over it? Anybody else have this problem?

This expired 1/31/08 :(

Sucks I think I actually received the Cars BD on the 31st too :)

I guess complaining probably won't get me a Lightning McQueen die cast at this point

I ordered my around when the BD came out around Nov. 6 and it arrived around the end of December. Just got one. You got lucky in getting 7...I wouldn't mind getting more.

Let me know if you are willing to part on one of them.

I don't really see why anyone would pay $4 for one of these, much less $40...

I got Cars for Christmas on BR but never bothered getting the die cast. If I knew they sold for $40 I definitely would've.

I got a response from them when I emailed them, but it never answered my question

I asked if I was getting one, and they fed me some bullshit about processing

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']i still keep receiving more, i'm up to 9 already, what the hell[/quote]

That's easy money for you, friend.

This sucks for me.

They had no more. I called them a couple days ago because the charge disappeared from my account.

I wasn't even going to sell it... I was going to give it to my younger cousin for his upcoming birthday. He loves Lightning McQueen.

:cry:

I ordered one and ended up receiving 5, and according to the website, I have 2 more "in process." Would love to trade 3 or 4 of them since eBaying them is a pain. PM me if anybody's interested.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']i still keep receiving more, i'm up to 9 already, what the hell[/quote]
Theres a ps3 ;)

I've only gotten 2, with 2 more supposedly processing

It looks like I will be ending up with 10 of these. What sucks is I e-bayed my first batch of three and one sold for $51.00 and that buyer paid already. But the other two sold last Tuesday to the another buyer for $41.00 and $43.00 and it seems like he is going to end being a non-paying bidder.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I hate how people are getting 38437594 of these, and they cancel my order for 1[/quote]

Yeah same here, what a bunch of bullshit. If they're out, don't act like I can get one on the website.

Did people get cancelation emails? Or are we just assuming since they didn't come and there are no bank charges we are not getting them?

[quote name='icarwngs55']Did people get cancelation emails? Or are we just assuming since they didn't come and there are no bank charges we are not getting them?[/quote]

I haven't gotten any emails, have no charges, and the site to track can't find my information

If anyone else is willing to part with one, I'd be glad to take one. PM me with details please! I didn't bother buying Cars on Blu-Ray yet since I don't have a PS3 or a blu ray player.

I called Buena Vista Rebate Customer Service and the employee told me that my order got cancelled due to lack of inventory.

Sucks because I did this during last month's BOGO from TRU. Some of you got them during that time and have received your Lightnings... I guess I was unlucky.

i know this post started up as an inquiry, but i'm hoping it will turn into an offer... anyone have an extra they would be willing to send over my way for the cost of shipping? i only got standard dvd, not the blu-ray, but i think it'd be a cool item to have for my collection, NOT TO EBAY. so if anyone has an extra and would be so gracious, would you reply and/or PM me with details?

Suffice to say I'm pretty pissed off. These asshats send some people 10+ cars, and don't tell people when they sign up that they won't get one. They don't inform anyone in a timely manner that they aren't getting one, and yet continue to send people car after car for one sign up.

If you're not going to have inventory (because you send people dozens of the same item) at least update your site by saying "out of stock" or something.

While I'm glad they keep sending me more and more cars, i think it is pretty messed up that some people haven't received any.

I'm up to 9 of these Die Cast cars and some have 0 with no possiblity of every getting any. This is not right.

[quote name='cheaperthanever']anyone want to give away any *extras, pm me i pay for shipping thank.[/quote]

[quote name='shyguy1083']i know this post started up as an inquiry, but i'm hoping it will turn into an offer... anyone have an extra they would be willing to send over my way for the cost of shipping? i only got standard dvd, not the blu-ray, but i think it'd be a cool item to have for my collection, NOT TO EBAY. so if anyone has an extra and would be so gracious, would you reply and/or PM me with details?[/quote]

Are you kids serious? You're seriously asking a stranger to just give you an item worth 50 bones, for nothing more than a poorly worded internet thank you?

Good luck selling them man, and ignore these greedy asshats.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']While I'm glad they keep sending me more and more cars, i think it is pretty messed up that some people haven't received any.

I'm up to 9 of these Die Cast cars and some have 0 with no possiblity of every getting any. This is not right.[/quote]

Exactly. I wouldn't be upset if I had signed up and the site said the cars are no longer available, but the fact that they're sending people 9 times as many cars as they're supposed to, and I'm not going to be getting one makes me pretty ticked. It's the main reason I bought Cars on blu ray, because I figured I'd recoup the costs by selling that little car. So I put my information in and they don't even have the decency to email me letting me know I won't be getting one.

This has been handled really really poorly. How do multiple people get this many extras?

[quote name='bil4ltool']Exactly. I wouldn't be upset if I had signed up and the site said the cars are no longer available, but the fact that they're sending people 9 times as many cars as they're supposed to, and I'm not going to be getting one makes me pretty ticked. It's the main reason I bought Cars on blu ray, because I figured I'd recoup the costs by selling that little car. So I put my information in and they don't even have the decency to email me letting me know I won't be getting one.

This has been handled really really poorly. How do multiple people get this many extras?[/quote]

I think their systems are completely messed up and nobody at Disney is taking a look at this. I bet their mailing depot center staff keep processing duplicates because their computers say so.

For those who has received the car, what kind of other confirmation are you getting besides the first email from with subject 'DMR Order Confirmation'?

[quote name='bil4ltool']Suffice to say I'm pretty pissed off. These asshats send some people 10+ cars, and don't tell people when they sign up that they won't get one. They don't inform anyone in a timely manner that they aren't getting one, and yet continue to send people car after car for one sign up.

If you're not going to have inventory (because you send people dozens of the same item) at least update your site by saying "out of stock" or something.[/quote]

I totally agree with you.

I sent them an email inquiry regarding my order, and they responded with their customer service number.

I call them, and an elderly lady comes on the phone all courteous, and tells me "Please hold on while I look up your order."

I keep my fingers crossed.

"I'm sorry sir, but it looks like we are all out of this item. "

I wasn't even going to eBay mine either. I was going to give it to my younger cousin who is a big Lightning fan, and she would have loved to add this to her Cars toy collection.

bread's done
Back