NEW: Men of Valor (PC) $1.99, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (PC) $1.99, MORE at EBGames.com

psiufoxx2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Yes I know this has been embedded in other posts, but it seemed to warrant its own thread. These are some very recent games on the very very cheap. And considering I barely noticed that they were so cheap, I want to make sure everyone else notices.

Flame on!

Men of Valor $1.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235199.asp

Shadow Ops $1.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245072.asp

Pro Race Driver $.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/220213.asp

Torrente $1.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245868.asp

Prisoner of War $2.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/220224.asp

Dino Crisis 2 $2.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/223254.asp

Edit: Haha thanks Zman. Shit it's late.

I'm glad you posted this. I saw these deals buried in one of the other EB threads and thought about giving them their own thread myself. I probably wouldn't have gotten around to it though.

If anyone flames you, I'll personally give the bastards the devil hand sign.

-DM

Whoo wee, I'm in real heavy cheapass mode right now. I've been debating if Shadow Ops is worth $2 all day, and I'm still not sure. The demo was OK, I guess.

I was just playing the demo of Men of Valor, and it produced a most amusing bug: No other characters were animating. They were all standing, spread arms, sliding around the landscape. Very odd.

Pro Race Driver is definitely worth the $2 it's selling for. It is available here:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/220213.asp

Picked up Men of Valor for $10 a couple days ago at Menards, d'oh. I'm enjoying it, though it's not really amazing or anything. If you like the Medal of Honor style scripted shooter that's more about flinging lots of baddies at you that aren't very bright, then it's good stuff.

If you're in the mood for a shooter and don't mind that style of gameplay, then I'd say it's easily worth $5. Though unfortunately only the Xbox version get's co-op play apparently.

I just stopped by a EB B&M and the prices are not the same as listed on the website.

Pro Driver was $2.99 and Shadow Ops Red Mercury was listed at $9.99 (I had them scanned at the register)

Couldn't find a copy of Men of Valor to check but when I called up another store, they looked it up and it was also listed at $9.99.

lol, wow. I didn't think it was that bad of a game at all. Its not the best but not the worst in my book. $2.99 makes it even better.

I ordered both this morning. Even if they aren't all that great, two games for $5 is nothing to sneeze that, plus I love PC FPSs.

They're $9.99 instore but if you print out the website and bring it in they will price match it. I picked up Men of Valor. Pretty cool, not the best shooter ever but definitely worth a measely three bones.

[quote name='Pratt75']I ordered men of valor last week and it hasn't shipped yet. Whats up with that?[/QUOTE]
Same here. Red Mercury shipped, though.

[quote name='Pratt75']I ordered men of valor last week and it hasn't shipped yet. Whats up with that?[/QUOTE]

I hunted down this thread just to point out the same. I noticed a strange (albeit small) charge on my card from EB and it didn't match the total of any order I had placed. I went through all my recent orders and noticed that MoV is the only one that has not shipped. A PSOne game I got on the same order has shipped though. Strange.

Only thing I can think of is that they have the games in one warehouse and the promo discs in another. I ran into a similar situation back when MGS3 first came out. They ship the promos to the first warehouse, then ship the whole deal out at once. Why they would keep promos stored seperate from their parent item is beyond me though.

I also have received my ps1 game I ordered for free shipping, but Men of Valor has not shipped I wish they would just ship the game I could care less about the promo disc.

By the way, I stopped by best buy today to check out a few things and I noticed Men of Valor for the PC and it was priced $39.99. I just started laughing to myself and I was thinking man I sure love cheap ass gamer. I thought I'd share that price difference with everyone to make you guys feel a little better about having to wait for the game. Enjoy the game, whenever we get it for $2.99.

Not sure what's up with your guys' orders, but my copy of Men of Valor that I ordered earlier today has shipped (along with the promo disc and my SNES game).

The PSOne game I ordered with MoV came yesterday. My order status has gone from "Open" to "Partially Shipped" and I now have the option to cancel the rest of the order.

I contacted my local EB B&M and asked if they would pricematch the eb.com website prices and these guys who are good guys said that they could not as the eb.com database for pricing is different from that of the stores. He looked up the prices instore for MOV and Shadow Ops and they both showed up at $9.99 and Pro Race Drive was listed at $2.99. I ended up ordering MOV, Shadow Ops and a GBA preowned rechargeable battery pack for $1.49 less 10%Edge and 15%Cag and SAVER free shipping.

Just checked my order and all three shipped plus the MOV promo bonus DVD disc.

Did notice something strange about my Shadow Ops order - it listed me as ordering 2 but only 1 shipped, I will have to check to ensure that they don't try to bill me for that extra Shadow Ops.

I was going to order Pro Race Driver as well yester day but it was going for $1.99 and I only had $1.50 left on my gift card - Now if I ordered today, I guess I could have afforded all 3... oh well.

Thanks OP for the heads up!

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Has anyone heard anything about this title?

Torrente (PC) $2.99

It looks terrible and the online reviews of 34.2% (gamerankings) are NOT great.. but at $2.99 it's tempting me. Perhaps it should have been named Terreble. ;)[/QUOTE]
It's $1.99 now. :)

If you're ordering anything else (like some used games for free shipping), then it wouldn't hurt to throw it in. It's a game that is probably worth $2 for a quick romp, but not $3. ;)

[quote name='bdw418']Weird, looks like my bonus disc shipped for MoV, even though the actual game is still sitting in their warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Update:

I ordered this yesterday and just received it today!

But they ran out of the MOV bonus disc, so I called up eb.com and they told me that yes indeed they had run out of the MOV bonus disc. I could have asked for a price adjustment to the 1.99 price now posted but instead asked if they could ship me Pro Race Driver which was going for $.99. They then cancelled my order for the bonus disc and credited my gift card $1 and then charged my gift card for the Pro Race Driver game ($.99 plus tax) and will ship it as part of my original order (i.e. no additional shipping charges) so basically, it cost me 5 cents more to get Pro Race Driver - it may not be great but it's a game for a buck so that's cool.

Yay, mine shipped too! It also says the promo disc shipped too:

Here is the status of the item(s) you have ordered:
Pandemonium - Pre-Played Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 Men of Valor Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 MEN OF VALOR:VIETNAM PROMO Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 Shadow Ops: Red Mercury DVD Edition Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

Man, I can't believe it goes for $30 other places. It's sort of funny, in a sadistic sort of way.

Mine has also shipped. Still curious as to why some of us had a delay (not that I'm complaining...too many games to play right now anyhow).

A couple more cheap PC games:

Endless Ages - $1.99

Dino Crisis 2 - $2.99

Off topic, but someone posted one of the most idiotic and ignorant things I've even seen posted in the customer reviews section on EBgames.com for Endless Ages. Our poor, misinformed friend has the following sentiments:
WOW 2 DOLLARS FOR A GAME! THATS EXPENSIVE
Ok, this should be common sence folks. the game costs 2 bucks, how great can it be? i mean 2 bucks, you can barely get a pack of gum for that much these days, well your not loosing out if you decide to buy it i guess, its just too bad a cd costs more than the game.. by that i mean a blank cd
Poor fool doesn't know what he's missing. ;)

Update 2 - final one for me.

I received the Pro Race Driver game in lieu of my bonus disc for Men of Valor. Box is in mint condition. They only charged me 5 cents tax for Pro Race Driver (in actuality, they should have refunded me the $1 plus tax (6 cents) for the missing bonus disc and then charged me 99 cents for Pro Race Driver plus 6 cents tax and I should have been net -1 cent - Oh well lets not be too cheep eh?!).

All in all a good job by the EB CSR. Their free shipping ended up being next day for me each time.

My MoV came today, with the promo disc. Must have gotten one of the last ones, since I ordered the same day as borg20001.

[quote name='Pratt75']How is pro race driver?[/QUOTE]
Why not try the demo? Anyway, I think the game is great. Good racer with an interesting idea behind it.

Of course, it's out of stock at the moment...

I guess $3.99 might seem like a lot compared to $1.99 FPSs and 99 cent racing games/CaRPGs, but I guess I'll go ahead and mention the PC version of the SpyHunter remake for $3.99:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235019.asp

And since we're high-rolling, I'll go ahead and mention Virtual Skipper 3 (from Nadeo, the makers of Trackmania) for $4.99. Fans of advanced videogame water graphics should check this one out. It's got some of the best water I've ever seen in a game. As a matter of fact, I'd say it's the best. Plus, it's a very well-made and unique game...you don't see too many sailing simulators on the market.
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245607.asp

bread's done
Back