CAG Foreplay #31: Grappling Hooks & Hamsters (2/6/08)

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
CAG's shipwreck & mrs. shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of February 6th, 2008. Hey, that's shipwreck's birthday. Now before you start showering him with all the new releases including Devil May Cry 4 and Turok, please remember to coordinate with one another so that he doesn't have to exchange the multiple copies of My Horse & Me.

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

Special thanks to www.GoDaddy.com for providing CAG Foreplay listeners with a code for domain names for just $6.95 a year. Just enter code "GAMER1" when you check out to get your savings.
[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/foreplay/cagforeplay31.mp3[/media] [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAG_Foreplay[/digg]

Due to a few bugs on the forum software, this week's written version had to be broken up into several posts.

Multi-Platform

Bomberman Land (Last week)
Dev. Hudson Pub. Konami Systems: PSP, Wii MSRP: $29.99
Bomberman Land Touch 2 (Last Week)Dev. Hudson Pub. Konami Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
For all those gamers out there that have been thinking, "Sure, Bomberman is a good franchise. But what they really need is a stellar mini-game based, single-player story mode!" Well, wait no more. Bomberman Land for the Wii and PSP contains just such a mode. It does contain a classic Bomberman mode, but with no online support for the Wii version, you'll be playing this mode alone. The PSP and DS versions do offer online multiplayer. Of course, the PSP version lacks mini-games involving such things as blowing into your microphone or obnoxiously tapping your touch screen for hours. The focus of the gameplay can be summed up in one word: casual. These titles aren't your typical Bomberman, but they're still entertaining and offer massive amounts of character customization. The Wii version isn't getting good reviews, nor is the PSP version. It looks as if the DS version is the way to go if you’re set on picking this one up. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Bomberman Land.
Amazon is offering Bomberman Land Touch 2 for $27 shipped.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $28.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Family Video $27.64 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Family Video $27.64 (99 cent shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Amazon $26.99 (Free shipping)

Devil May Cry 4 Dev. Capcom Pub. Capcom Systems: PS3, 360 MSRP: $59.99, $79.99
Okay, so I'm a bit behind in the series and I have no idea why the new protagonist in this game looks nearly identical to Dante, but is named Nero and has a demonic grappling hook arm. (Could someone please get one of these guys some "Just For Men" so I can keep them straight?) Regardless, you're going to be slicing and shooting with just as much pizzazz as the previous games. Check that, you'll have even more pizzazz as it seems they have toned down the difficulty which allows for mere mortals to possibly even play through the game this time around. (Yes, that includes me.) - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering Devil May Cry 4 for $57 shipped for the regular edition and $71 shipped for the Collector's Edition. Circuit City is offering a free $10 gift card with your purchase of any version of the game. The Collector's Edition comes in a metal case with two DVDs containing the first volume of the Devil May Cry animated series, behind the scenes features, soundtrack, digital artbook, and some downloadable extras.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $55.99 (99 cent shipping)
:360: Purchase At Circuit City $59.99 (Free $10 gift card with purchase)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $55.99 (99 cent shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Circuit City $59.99 (Free $10 gift card with purchase)
:360: Purchase At Amazon $79.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $69.99 (99 cent shipping)
:360: Purchase At Circuit City $79.99 (Free $10 gift card with purchase)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $79.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $69.99 (99 cent shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Circuit City $79.99 (Free $10 gift card with purchase)

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore Dev. Blitz Games Pub. Konami Systems: PS2, Wii, PS3, 360 MSRP: $39.99-$69.99
Alright! Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" is definitely in this game. Do you really need to know anything else? Seriously, even if the whole 40 song soundtrack was just that song over and over, wouldn't that be enough? You and seven of your friends competing to see who could out Celine each other will be enchanting... near, far, wherever you are. - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video saves you a few dollars off the various bundles of American Idol Encore.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Amazon $69.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $64.89 (99 cent shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $46.87 (99 cent shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $64.89 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Family Video $56.48 (99 cent shipping)

My Horse and Me Dev. W!Games Pub. Atari Systems: DS, PC, Wii MSRP: $19.99, $49.99
If you want the only game sponsored by the International Equestrian Federation that features training, grooming, and competing with your jumping horse, well this is it. You can also play mini-games where you collect butterflies, herd chickens, and catch falling stars. You can also take pictures of yourself fully decked-out on your faithful steed. If you're lucky maybe it'll look something along the lines of this:

shipwreckhorse.jpg

- ship

Editor's note: Not really my horse.

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering the Wii version of My Horse and Me for only $29 shipped.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)
:pc: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)

Paws & Claws: Pet Resort Dev. THQ Pub. THQ Systems: PC, DS MSRP: $19.99, $29.99
What do I say about a pet sim with little to no information available, knowing that no one in our target audience really wants to spend money on this title? I guess my preview's done. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Paws & Claws: Pet Resort.

:ds: Purchase At Family Video $27.94 (99 cent shipping)

The Spiderwick Chronicles Dev. Stormfront Studios Pub. Sierra Entertainment Systems: PC, DS, PS2, Wii, 360 MSRP: $19.99-$49.99
This Vivendi/Sierra title is based on a movie based on a book, and is an adventure title available for all the current systems. If there isn't a giant red flag waving in your subconscious, you haven't listened to enough CAG Foreplay. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for The Spiderwick Chronicles.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $48.67 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Family Video $48.67 (99 cent shipping)

Turok Dev. Propaganda Games Pub. Touchstone Systems: PS3, 360 MSRP: $59.99
Well, it's certainly a step up from the latest Turok offerings, but when your last game's boss was a half-cyborg ex-Civil War Calvary Captain who rode upon a similarly half-cyborg Tyrannosaurus... well, a step up would leave you still under several feet of feces... probably, half-cyborg feces. Fortunately, the newest game didn't stop at just a step and has somewhat brought the Turok franchise back to relevance. I say somewhat because this is really just a mediocre game at this point. With so many other first-person shooters on the market, this one just feels dated and when your most powerful weapon is your knife, shooting round after round into hundreds of raptors when you could just walk up and stab them isn't so thrilling. Hopefully, this is a step in the right direction though, and the next Turok game can somehow capture the magic of the original. That would include leaving out the sidekick that is constantly yapping at me. - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering Turok for $54 shipped. Circuit City is offering a free $10 gift card with the purchase of the game.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $53 (99 cent shipping)
:360: Purchase At Circuit City $59.99 (Free $10 gift card with purchase)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $53 (99 cent shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Circuit City $59.99 (Free $10 gift card with purchase)

DS

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles Dev. Ubi Soft Montreal Pub. Ubi Soft Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
See what Altair was up to prior to running around on rooftops, exploring on horseback, and stabbing people with fancy knives. Well, in this prequel you'll find that he preferred more linear platforming levels with stylus-based mini-games when events such as pick-pocketing or interrogating presented themselves. He still likes to stab people with fancy knives though, just with a more traditional fighting mechanic. - ship

Best Deal:
Circuit City is offering Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles for $24.

:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Circuit City $23.99 (Free shipping on orders over $24)

Pet Pals: Animal Doctor Dev. Majesco Pub. Majesco Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
I'm actually intrigued by this title. I think it's the first pet simulator that actually mimics things I do in my profession on a daily basis. It's like Trauma Center but with animals. There are 40 touch screen tests to perform on the patients, and there are 23 pets including a python, rabbit, and a hamster. There are even screenshots in which the patients are actually receiving anesthesia, which is kind of cool. Now if only they could make the DS urinate all over me as I play, Majesco would have themselves a game. For $20, I'd try this title. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Pet Pals: Animal Doctor.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

Puppy Palace Dev. Ubi Soft Pub. Ubi Soft Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
In Puppy Palace, you get to run your own pet store with forty-eight different breeds of dogs. Teach your puppies tricks, groom them, care for them, love them... and then sell them. This is kind of depressing. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Puppy Palace.

Real Soccer 2008 Dev. Gameloft Pub. Ubi Soft Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
This former cell phone soccer game that has been updated for the DS has been receiving 5's and 6's from the European press. Quite the coup for GameStop to secure the exclusive rights to this one. Apparently, the graphics and controls are decent, but there is no single card or online multiplayer. The game also carries no licenses of any kind and, even in the impossibility that you actually know the name of a living, breathing soccer player, the game offers no editing ability what-so-ever. Perhaps the most interesting feature of "Real Soccer 2008" is the ability to influence the referee by screaming at your DS. Calling someone a "wanker" on your morning commute has never been so beneficial. - ship

Best Deal:
There are no deals for Real Soccer 2008 as it is an exclusive to EB/GameStop.

:ds: Purchase At GameStop $29.99

Zoo Tycoon 2 Dev. Altron Pub. THQ Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Don't worry; this game doesn't suck like its DS predecessor. First off, being a DS game, it uses the touch screen to interact with the animals in the zoo via zookeeper mode. Second, it gets bonus points for not adding a stupid subtitle that incorporates the letters D and S. Third, there is a campaign mode in which the gamer is given challenges to meet. So, if you're a Zoo Tycoon fan (which I am), this title is a good buy at $29.99. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Zoo Tycoon 2.

:ds: Purchase At Family Video $27.94 (99 cent shipping)

Wii

Balloon Pop (Last Week)
Dev. UFO Pub. UFO Systems: Wii MSRP: $19.99
In this quirky new puzzle Wii title, an evil genius (there's always an evil genius) has taken the seasons hostage in little balloons. The gameplay revolves around shooting the balloons to open the elements contained within them. Put together enough elements and save the world. I'm imagining this title to be similar to Snood. Now that I've watched the gameplay video, I see that it's actually exactly like Super Collapse, except it boasts a weird dancing mushroom and Katamari-like animation. All in all, it doesn’t look like a bad choice with a $30 pricetag. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Balloon Pop.

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

Xbox 360

Culdcept Saga Dev. Omiya Soft Pub. Namco Bandai Systems: 360 MSRP: $39.99
If there is even an ounce of nerd blood coursing through your veins, you owe it to yourself to give Culdcept a try. The cliche description of this game is to call it a mix of Monopoly and Magic the Gathering, and I'm feeling pretty cliche. Honestly though, it's an excellent mix of casual board game with a perfect amount of strategy that let's you determine how in-depth you wish to make it. Plus the game rewards you even if you spend hours playing a match only to lose. Sure, as the loser you might not get as many cards to add to your deck of creatures, spells, and items, but it still feeds your need to collect them all. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Culdcept Saga.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

PS2

Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power Dev. Koei Pub. Koei Systems: PS2 MSRP: $39.99
"Feudal Japan Simulator 2008" is here and for the first time the series is in presented in 3D. So step into the shoes of your favorite warlord as you try to unite the country with your real-time strategy skills. In addition to waging battles, you'll need to build cities, develop ecomomies, work on your diplomacy, and just overall perfect your mastery of tedium. Remember, the key to being a great warlord is making sure your patrons have plenty of restrooms and cotton candy stands. Lots of cotton candy stands. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power.

Twisted Metal: Head On - Extra Twisted Edition Dev. Eat Sleep Play! Pub. Sony Systems: PS2 MSRP: $19.99
And the PSP hits keep finding their way to the PS2. In this case though, this port of the PSP launch title is loaded with extras. You've got additional levels, improved graphics, documentaries, a downloadable soundtrack and an art booklet. There's even a mode that let's you get out of the ice cream truck and stroll around as everyone's favorite demented clown "Sweet Tooth". The only thing that puts a dent in this package is the lack of online multi-player, but for $20 it's still a heck of a value. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Twisted Metal.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

PSP

Downstream Panic! Dev. Eko Software Pub. Atari Systems: PSP MSRP: $29.99
Puzzle games are all the rage this spring, and this title is cute enough to be interesting. The gamer must guide schools of wayward fish that have been catapulted into the atmosphere by a tornado. I know, it sounds boring. But with the great animation style and quirky gameplay, this title is a must for anyone who loves puzzle games on their PSP. It’s been compared to LocoRoco, so if that title was a hit for you, check out Downstream Panic! For $29.99. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Downstream Panic.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $29.95 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)

Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice (Last Week)Dev. BigBig Studios Pub. Sony Systems: PSP MSRP: $29.99
Apparently Pursuit Force, with its high speed shootouts that had you jumping from car to car while blowing up baddies, needed to make sure we knew it was extreme. And just, don't forget about it being just. So the pseudo hit on the PSP is back with more polish, more variety, and infinitely more multiplayer gameplay. Fans of the original will easily slip behind the wheel as they pilot a wide selection of vehicles including several super-cars, hovercrafts, and motorcycles, but they game mixes in some turret and on-foot missions (to varying degrees of success) as well. There's also a more extreme group of law enforcement, inconceivable as it may be, that you'll have to deal with in addition to the familiar gangs. Factor in both competitive and cooperative local multiplayer, and Extreme Justice should provide plenty of action on the go for $30. Following in the footsteps of most big PSP games, this game is already slated for a PS2 release in Europe later this year, so keep that in mind if you prefer getting your futuristic cop action on a console. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Family Video $27.64 (99 cent shipping)

PC

First Battalion: Gold EditionDev. ZootFly Pub. Dreamcatcher Interactive Systems: PC MSRP: $29.99
Conquer World War II in real-time. This bundle includes both the original game and the Dunes of War expansion pack. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for First Battalion: Gold Edition.

:pc: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)

Medieval II Total War: Gold Pack Dev. Creative Assembly Pub. SEGA Systems: PC MSRP: $39.99
Conquer Europe in real-time and by taking turns and a lot of other stuff that looks really complicated. The Gold Pack includes the original game and the Kingdoms expansion pack. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Medieval II Total War: Gold Pack.

:pc: Purchase At Amazon $39.95 (Free shipping)

Sins of a Solar Empire Dev. Ironclad Games Pub. Stardock Entertainment Systems: PC MSRP: $39.99, $49.99
Conquer the universe in real-time. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for Sins of the Solar Empire.

:pc: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:pc: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)

SpaceForce Captains Dev. Provox Games Pub. Dreamcatcher Interactive Systems: PC MSRP: $29.99
Conquer the universe by taking turns. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for SpaceForce Captains.

:pc: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)

On The DL with the Shipwrecks

1080 Snowboarding (Last Week)Systems: Wii (N64) MSRP: $10
Couldn't get enough Winter X-Games this past week? Well, better go restock your Rockstar Energy Drink as Nintendo keeps you properly stoked with a snowboarding game from two generations ago. And much like the X-Games monopoly of being the only new thing to watch on TV, snowboarding will be the only new activity on the Virtual Console this week. Kind of disappointing since even Shaun White likes variety and skateboarding from time to time. (Yes, I watched some of the Winter X-Games. This writers' strike is brutal.) - ship

Columns III: Revenge of Columns Systems: Wii (Genesis) MSRP: $8
It's like the original, but with a lot more unnecessary additions that make it less fun. Pretty much the same story of nearly every puzzle game sequel. - ship

Operation Wolf Systems: Wii (NES) MSRP: $5
Playing a light gun game at the arcade with a toy Uzi is fun. Playing the NES port of a light gun arcade game with a d-pad and buttons wasn't fun twenty years ago. It still wasn't fun when they put this out on the Taito Legends collection three years ago. And yet, here we are. - ship

Chessmaster Live (Last Week)Systems: 360 MSRP: $10
If there's one thing I know about chess, it's that computers playing it will eventually lead to the demise of humankind. It is a proven fact that has been documented countless times across all forms of media. The inevitability of it all can not be stopped, but maybe, just maybe, playing chess against still non-sentient AI will give us a chance to defeat them in our darkest hour. Or you can just play against other humans on Xbox Live and pretend the rise of the robots will never come to fruition. You can even play that really extended version of chess where one person makes a move and sends it to the other person and then days later that person makes a move and sends it back to the first person... only to find out that the first person has already been killed... by the robots. - ship

Poker Smash Systems: 360 MSRP: $10
A Bejeweled-esque matching game where, instead of matching colors, you are forming poker hands. It looks like it could be a pretty fun puzzle game and it features two-player online play. Find out who on your Friends List knows their poker hands... or is at least really good at switching random cards quickly. - ship

Rez HD (Last Week)Systems: 360 MSRP: $10
The trippy, techno shooter with a penchant for vibration is ready to tingle your senses this week. If you've never played Rez before, you're in for a sweet sensation. Lock on to targets and get rewarded with delightful musical effects in new 5.1 surround sound and pretty flashing lights in widescreen hi-def. And with segregated rumble across up to four controllers, you can get more good vibrations than Marky Mark. C'mon, c'mon... feel it, feel it. - ship

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

Listening now. But umm, one bit of commentary with the PC RTSs and the like...

What's the point of even having commentary if it's just gonna be "Conquer the Universe in Real time"?

I mean, maybe you should elaborate a little bit? I realize that you aren't PC gamers, but maybe try to be a bit more descriptive.

Happy birthday, shipwreck, and thanks for the update as always. It's my birthday today as well, so I was wondering if I might be your evil twin...

Happy B'day, Ship!

Also, I think "My Horse & Me" was an adult film, is the game based on that? If so, it's probably an AO title?

birthday greetings! my birthday is also comin up too. I have the same problem with the DRM issue, I call up MS support and they tell me to "BUY IT AGAIN". Apparently they think all XBOX 360 owners are filthy rich and have a lot of money to burn.

Hey Shipwrecks, about the XBox 360 DRM issues: please, PLEASE do the right thing by SPEAKING WITH YOUR DOLLARS--STOP BUYING CONTENT OVER XBOX LIVE AND GIVING YOUR PRECIOUS MONEY TO MICROSOFT!

It's already criminal enough that Microsoft has escaped essentially unscathed for the severe RRoD issue (the new warranty policy is just another charity write-off for them); and now, the ONE THING that they're supposedly "king" at--a great online service--is already showing it's flaws with down-time and DRM hang-ups.

I was on the verge of buying an XBox 360, but when the RRoD problem really became apparent, I quickly changed my mind. Sure, I'm missing out on a handful of great exclusive games; but, with a back-log of great stuff to play on PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, and DS, am I really "hurting"?

The American economy is based on consumers using their hard-earned dollars as their voice; yet, sadly, many people seem to have forgotten this, and continue to pump money AND time into supporting Microsoft's console, one which Microsoft themselves KNEW would have hardware problems right out of the gate.

If people quit buying the console, quality software will find a home on another console (eg. Japan-created No More Heroes started life as an XBox 360 title); but, unfortunately, people continue to buy straight into Microsoft's marketing and advertising, and--oddly enough--keep allowing themselves to be "nickled and dimed" at every corner until they're too invested to make a change.

Anyway, just a thought from someone who is sick of watching people (especially CAG's!) throw money at Microsoft for poorly-designed and under-engineered products. Hey, SONY may have some work to do with their online service, and Nintendo may be under the graphical bar, but at least they sell you reliable products...

Speed Mushroom won? Are you f'n serious? Did you bother reading all the enteries or did you just pick a random number? How original...

Great show otherwise like always.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Speed Mushroom won? Are you f'n serious? Did you bother reading all the enteries or did you just pick a random number? How original...

Great show otherwise like always.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I read them all, but the contest winner is always randomly picked by random.org. I just check to make sure the winner has met all the contest criteria.

Ship's comments about Microsoft having top guys working on the DRM reminded me of the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark:

That's a powerful force. Research should be done--

Oh, it will be, Dr. Jones, I assure you. We have top men working on it right now.

Who?

Top men.

If you really want to play DMC4, you won't need to play the other 3 for any story on Nero. He's a completely new character as far as I can tell, and I've played them all.
Also, I like to think that DMC2 doesn't exist. It's really stupid and easy. It doesn't do the 1st one justice and the 3rd does everything right from the first with some new perks.

And DMC3 is a prequel to DMC1, so if you get the jist of DMC1, you'll be good with the DMC4 story. I think the only returning character is Dante and the girl from the first one who's name escapes me at the moment.

Another fantastic show, ships! I specifically brought my laptop on vacation last week in case the show came out (ok, I also brought it with me to check the ski reports and to check-in for my return flight...), I was sad when there wasn't a new episode. Luckily, I had other stuff to distract me. ;)

I thought it was funny you guys were having "cat issues" while recording, because while I was listening, my cat kept trying to get onto my lap (where my laptop was) and hitting the mute button. Must be a cat thing.

Thanks again for an entertaining show (and thank goodness this week I don't think I'm buying anything!). :) Oh, and happy birthday, ship!!!

/tk

P.S. Ship, how old were you in that picture?

I have owned Rez for years and still have not unlocked everything. There are 6 stages in the game two have to be unlocked. Thee game is deceptively simple and has lost of modes which I have yet to play.

Ship you should download PixelJunk Monsters. I think you and the wife would love it. Its an RTS lite.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Speed Mushroom won? Are you f'n serious? Did you bother reading all the enteries or did you just pick a random number? How original...

Great show otherwise like always.[/QUOTE]

Wow a complaint about a CAG podcast, and who is it from? Trenchalicious. Surprise, surprise. Are you actually capable of not posting complaints?

I'm sure your idea was so much more original and was better than everybody else's...

I don't think Ship needed to justify how the selection process was done, especially to you, but hopefully the fact that he did will help you sleep at night.

[quote name='retrovertigo']Wow a complaint about a CAG podcast, and who is it from? Trenchalicious. Surprise, surprise. Are you actually capable of not posting complaints?

I'm sure your idea was so much more original and was better than everybody else's...

I don't think Ship needed to justify how the selection process was done, especially to you, but hopefully the fact that he did will help you sleep at night.[/quote]

I'm just saying, what is the point of posting an idea when the winner is determined by a random number picker, instead of actual content. There were other ideas in that thread that were great. One of them should have won. Mine were just joke ones, I knew I wouldn't win. However, there were reasonable and excellent ideas that would be good to have in a game, in the thread. That is all I am saying.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I'm just saying, what is the point of posting an idea when the winner is determined by a random number picker, instead of actual content. There were other ideas in that thread that were great. One of them should have won. Mine were just joke ones, I knew I wouldn't win. However, there were reasonable and excellent ideas that would be good to have in a game, in the thread. That is all I am saying.[/quote]

Meh... they never said the "Best" idea would win. I though it was pretty clear that your idea was basically just your ticket to get in the random drawing. Good or bad, serious or funny. If you could form coherent sentences that met the criteria, you got in the drawing. If you assumed more, then you misunderstood.

have you considering doing the show by yourself or with another host? Your wife is pretty annoying. She is defensive, aggressive, and doesn't know nothing about games.

[quote name='cotrienla']have you considering doing the show by yourself or with another host? Your wife is pretty annoying. She is defensive, aggressive, and doesn't know nothing about games.[/QUOTE]

No, I rather like her.

[quote name='cotrienla']have you considering doing the show by yourself or with another host? Your wife is pretty annoying. She is defensive, aggressive, and doesn't know nothing about games.[/quote]

Really disagree!

Mrs. Ship is great.

And you are a Doody-Head for suggesting such a thing :boxing:

[quote name='cotrienla']have you considering doing the show by yourself or with another host? Your wife is pretty annoying. She is defensive, aggressive, and doesn't know nothing about games.[/QUOTE]

And as rumor has it, I might have cooties.

[quote name='cotrienla']have you considering doing the show by yourself or with another host? Your wife is pretty annoying. She is defensive, aggressive, and doesn't know nothing about games.[/quote]

:imwithst:

Your English teacher would be shocked at your grammar!

Oh wait, there probably was never an English teacher to begin with...

My 360 is famous! Thanks for unjinxing the jinx you placed on it in the last Podcast. Your prayers are appreciated. I will now allow Mrs. K to play with Mrs. Shipwreck when AC comes out this year.

Anyone else find mrs. shipwreck really scary? :whistle2:?

She's always mad at shipwreck.

Does she abuse you, shipwreck?

Is this a joke? Ms Shipwreck is great.

[quote name='mrs. shipwreck']And as rumor has it, I might have cooties.[/quote]

:D

also, multi-quote is great

[quote name='ajm1240']Meh... they never said the "Best" idea would win. I though it was pretty clear that your idea was basically just your ticket to get in the random drawing. Good or bad, serious or funny. If you could form coherent sentences that met the criteria, you got in the drawing. If you assumed more, then you misunderstood.[/quote]

I'm a shmuck, not much else can be said about me. I was in the wrong. My fault. I'm just a big bowl of wrong.

[quote name='sykoex']Anyone else find mrs. shipwreck really scary? :whistle2:?

She's always mad at shipwreck.

Does she abuse you, shipwreck?[/quote]

I think he may like it!!

bread's done
Back