swappin hdd to different ps3

cheezhead430

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
say i wanted to access my copy-protected stuff on somebody else's ps3 w/o using gamesharing techniques
would it be safe to remove my hdd & swap it into his ps3 or is there some kind of procedure/set-up required for the ps3 to recognize the new hdd?

from the stuff i read online, so far I HAVE NOT come across any problems with this. But i am not so sure if something could happen

You could just load yourself as a user on his console and redownload for no charge.

If you prefer though, you shoudn't have any issues with inserting a new hard drive. I've done it a few times on my PS3, but I've never tried installing it into a buddy's system. I know a blank drive will format, but I'm not sure if one with data on it will.

Should work just fine. If the TV's are drastically different, you might have to fiddle with settings first, but as far as data is concerned, it'll all be there.

i have not tried it but I heard if you pull out your hdd and plug it into a different ps3 the ps3 will ask if you want to format the hdd.

bread's done
Back