Pikmin 2 - Best looking GC game?

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I've had Pikmin 2 for ages, finally popped it in over the weekend to see how I like Pikmin without a time limit (awesome, by the way).

Wow. Game is absolutely gorgeous in 480p. Character models, the spaceship, everything is so crisp, vibrant and lifelike. I was pretty blown away by it.

Now to sell it for big money and wait/hope for Pikmin 3!

its a cool game i dunno what it looks like in 480p but i was impressed by it. girls dig it too. man all these gc topics are making me want to play mine again. i havent console gamed for a few months now but theres still plenty of gc games in my collection i havent finished yet. i could go for some rouge squadron right about now.

Twilight Princess looks amazing. I kind of want to test your theory about Pikmin 2, but that would mean opening my copy (I may still sell it.) :D

[quote name='mickeyp']Can you play 2 players at the same time working together?[/quote]
Only in the unlockable challenge mode. (requires you to play to a certain point of the game before you can get it)

Artistically, I could agree with that but RE4 is hard to argue with graphically.

Then there's the Metroid Primes... I love the art direction in both games and they look so damn good.

I don't get why people complain about Pikmin's time limit. I got 100% my first time through the game and finished it on the 29th day.:whistle2:|

[quote name='Vinny']Artistically, I could agree with that but RE4 is hard to argue with graphically.

Then there's the Metroid Primes... I love the art direction in both games and they look so damn good.

I don't get why people complain about Pikmin's time limit. I got 100% my first time through the game and finished it on the 29th day.:whistle2:|[/quote]overall i thought metroid prime was the best looking gc game, for pikmin you just needed to manage your time wisely, try and get more than 1 ship part a day and you'll be fine, some of those bosses were REAL annoying though, stupid worm thing with a beak, i completed 100% by day 25 and that was only because i had spent one day just prepping my guys for the last boss

Pikmin 2's visual design is incredible. My son and I just started playing it, and it really excels in look and feel -- some of the visuals are jaw dropping.

The grassy outdoor areas look almost real, or hyper-real(?), more real than real. The texture mapping is incredible, and the density of foliage is at times very realistic.

[quote name='mickeyp']Can you play 2 players at the same time working together?[/quote]

It has been awhile since I played, but I don't think you work together in Pikmin 2. Two player mode is a battle mode. You fight to see who can collect a certain number of things first. You can sick monsters on the other player's pikmin, etc.

bread's done
Back