The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
Battlefield 2 : 32 Player CAG Server : 209.145.66.254 or cag.ntelos.net

List of Soldiers:

Key for using the list below:
AIM
Xfire
CAG Username
Battlefield 2 Username
------------------------------------------------------------

[Main Moderator] Mookyjooky -- {CAG}Mookyjooky -- kenada23 (Nights) / wesrocksge (Days) – kenada23

[Server Admin] BokCh0y -- {CAG}DrChoy bockchoyavenger --drchoy
[Server Admin]{CAG}Chachi -- terminalchachi

StealthySeal -- CheapAssSeal
SteveMcQ -- {CAG} SteveMcQ -- MSB1104 -- stevemcq
Scarface7 -- Adam1586
Superstar -- {CAG}SuperstarSgmSuperstar -- d34db0dym4n
JDMxB -- JDMxB
Renegade_Zero -- {CAG}Renegade -- Jsilvercharge –- redvsblue9
b0bx13 -- b0bx13
klezmer41 -- klezmer41
humidore{CAG}Mongol -- malicebeez
flizmo007 -- flizmo007
Jam3582 -- Ashram82
NoodlePirate! -- Str8edgezombie
Verbal -- {CAG}DaNotorious1 -- Oregano2015
Sying -- Honorguard81
energon5 -- computerguru187
CaseyRyback -- CaseyRybackDCR
Dare -- DareDevil6840
KwanzaaTimmy --{CAG}KTimmy
marshal -- marshal103
MrAnderson -- {CAG}SamuraiFez --RenegadeBullet -- samuraifez
Help1 -- {CAG}Help1 --Mad Hot Gangster
Techniquexmorgex
crystalklear64 -- crystalklear64
JebusMcLucifer -- FeldsparMcJebus
Johnny Postman -- cagjohnnypostman -- cagjohnnypostman

There are only 5 requirements for this clan:

1. No Racial slurs (Not even joking around, I mean it!)

2. Dont be an annoying douche.

YOU MUST LISTEN TO YOUR RANKING OFFICER - even if you don't think its the right desision. Everyone will get their turn to be squad leaders and commanders....but you must listen, otherwise the chain of command is useless. If I hear that you're trying to be "An Army Of One" to much. You're out.

4. No Driving off by yourself without asking people to "Mount up" (Any vehicle that allow multiple passagers)- I'm annoyed by seeing people fly off in helicopters alone while people are asking for rides.

5. Just have fun and keep talking. Even if you dont have a mic...use the "Q" button sayings. It suck to play with silent people who dont tell you that 20 men are coming for the base their at. Staying vocally active is the only way you'll get the support you need.

You dont need a mic to be in the clan, but you need one to be a squad leader or commander.

Here you can find the Battlefield 2 system requirements given to us by DICE:
Target Minimum Specification Machine:
1.7 Ghz CPU
512 Megabytes of RAM
128 MB video card (must support 1.4 shaders)

Recommended Specification Machine:
2.66 Ghz CPU
1024 Megabytes of RAM
256 MB video card

If you want your information added to this, Private message me with all the info you need posted. I'm losing the additions in the usual Battlefield guff. Thanx!!

[quote name='StealthySeal']CRAP! :(

I was gonna make this thread tonigh lol

but oh well, I'm in

StealthySeal (CAG) / CheapAssSeal (AIM)[/QUOTE]

I thought it would need 2 mods, so you're a perfect canidate for it anyways.

I figured though, that a Mod would be the commander.... So if I'm playing I get 1st dibs... ;-)

Hell, you might not even like being a commander...from what I hear you only get a handgun... I'm all about the strategy though..so I'm all for it....plus I'm hosting the teamspeak server...I'll be posting the server name when I get home.

Just thought I'd mention if you buy it at EBgames.com or gamestop.com it comes with a free headset and 3-day shipping. I am going to try to find a good deal the first week this game comes out but I don't know that there will be one.

Waiting on a good deal on it as well since I already have a headset. Sign me in for that Battlefield action.

SteveMcQ (CAG) / MSB1104 (AIM)

Edit: I like to stay back and defend as well. Whatever you need I'm ready to do.

I'd be interested, but my playstyle is more support/defensive in ctf/objective games. - im not the flag runner/objective taker.
Not too sure what game types bf2 will have.
PLus im a newb at teamspeak, never used it before.
If I still sound like a good candidate after that winner of a sales pitch add me to the list :p'

Noodle Pirate!(cag) Str8edgezombie (Aim)

[quote name='stag8603']Just thought I'd mention if you buy it at EBgames.com or gamestop.com it comes with a free headset and 3-day shipping. I am going to try to find a good deal the first week this game comes out but I don't know that there will be one.[/QUOTE]
That's where I've got my copy pre-ordered. I'll play in this assuming it doesn't conflict with work.

Scarface7 (CAG) | Adam1586 (AIM)

I'll post detailed instructions on setting up Teamspeak.

Also, this clan has be blessed by Cheapy....so this is now the OFFICIAL BF2 clan! yay!

This is gonna be awesome.

Also, anyone interested in having our own BF2 server? I was thinking about getting a company to host our own server...but for a 32 player server its $120.00 bucks a month...anyone interested in splitting the bill for being in the clan? Like if we get 20 members, not a far stretch in the least...we can split it to about $5 bucks a month...anyone down?

I'll pay gladly $20 bucks a month for being the main Mod.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Waiting on a good deal on it as well since I already have a headset. Sign me in for that Battlefield action.

SteveMcQ (CAG) / MSB1104 (AIM)

Edit: I like to stay back and defend as well. Whatever you need I'm ready to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad we've got defenders right off the bat, they're hard to come by.

I myself, am all about the flag takin...

[quote name='StealthySeal']I am angry that my mic (any mic) is not working on my comp... can't figure this shit out... I'm such a n00b lol[/QUOTE]

I've had that issue before...just take a breather...and go into:

Control Panel
Sounds and Audio devices
Click on the "Voice" tab
"Test Hardware"
And screw around with some settings

Also check to see if your mic is turned up in the audio settings.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I've had that issue before...just take a breather...and go into:

Control Panel
Sounds and Audio devices
Click on the "Voice" tab
"Test Hardware"
And screw around with some settings

Also check to see if your mic is turned up in the audio settings.[/QUOTE]

yeah... wheneve I try to do that I get errors :(

"An error occured during DirectPlay voice setup. The error code is 0x80040154"

then i click ok on that window and get this:

"Windows cannot execute Dpvsetup.exe, use add/remove programs control panel to install"

:cry: :cry:

[quote name='StealthySeal']yeah... wheneve I try to do that I get errors :(

"An error occured during DirectPlay voice setup. The error code is 0x80040154"

then i click ok on that window and get this:

"Windows cannot execute Dpvsetup.exe, use add/remove programs control panel to install"

:cry: :cry:[/QUOTE]

Try the Resolution below:
SYMPTOMS

In the Sound and Audio Devices tool in Control Panel, when you click Voice Test on the Voice tab, you may receive one of the following error messages: Windows cannot execute DPVSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install.

DirectPlay Voice has encountered an error.
Note: The second error message is followed by an error code.
CAUSE

This problem occurs because when you change the Audio Hardware Acceleration setting to None this removes the hardware-accelerated device from the list of possible devices. However, DSound continues to try and map to the device.
RESOLUTION

This problem generally occurs only the first time that you run the test. If this problem continues to occur after the first attempt, follow these steps: 1.In Control Panel, double-click Sounds and Audio Devices.2.On the Voice tab, under Voice Playback, click Advanced.3.On the Performance tab, move the Hardware Acceleration slider at least one position to the right.

Still no Workie? Try this:

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue, follow these steps: 1.At a command prompt, type cd %windir%\system32, and then press ENTER.2.Type the following commands, and press ENTER after each line: regsvr32 exchangedir\bin\scripto.dll
regsvr32 exchangedir\bin\ss.dll
regsvr32 exchangedir\bin\esconf.dll

where exchangedir is the directory where Exchange Server is installed (by default, C:\Exchsrvr).

3.In Control Panel, double-click Services, and then double-click Event Service.

[quote name='StealthySeal']:( nothing is working :(

lol idk wtf I'm doing wrong[/QUOTE]

lol - I'm reimaging my machine for BF2....looks like you'll be doing the same ;-)

i need to get bf2... need money must sell games :sad: good news is i already have a mic cause i play cs: source

I may be interested down the line, but my 27 inch TV just got fried, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy it/upgrade computer/get mic at the same time, so it may be later this summer before I hop on.

My skills have been primarly with piloting/gunning in vehicles, as well as some G.I. type stuff, and on ocassion sniping.

check it out kiddies, it's IGN FAQ for battlefield 2! Big deal right? mmmm check this out:

Q: What about the demo? When is the demo coming out? I want to play!

A: We understand that it will be released this Friday, June 10th. The precise time is unknown, but it will probably be around 12 noon Pacific Time. As with previous Battlefield demos, it will contain one map. No, we don't know which map it will be.

HURRAY! tomorrow!

[quote name='StealthySeal']check it out kiddies, it's IGN FAQ for battlefield 2! Big deal right? mmmm check this out:

Q: What about the demo? When is the demo coming out? I want to play!

A: We understand that it will be released this Friday, June 10th. The precise time is unknown, but it will probably be around 12 noon Pacific Time. As with previous Battlefield demos, it will contain one map. No, we don't know which map it will be.

HURRAY! tomorrow![/QUOTE]

if it plays decently on my PC I may pick it up. If not, I plan on asking for some Ram for my birthday so I would be able to start playing with you in August

I want in definitely

Renegade_Zero(CAG)/Jsilvercharge(AIM)

and like the other people, I absolutely hate playing offense unless its absolutely nessecary, I much prefer defense.

thanks mooky!

o, and Sniper is my weapon of choice.

I mean I'm down for BF2, i've preordered it, but isn't this a horrible way to make a clan ;) no offense or anything

ill own u sniper... sniper is my weapon. ne way add me.. ill most likely get it unless my comp is so gay and cant play it and ill let you know if it cant... but most likely ill just buy whatever i need to play it anyways.

Josherz(CAG)/Pois0ned69(AIM)

[quote name='Zoglog']I mean I'm down for BF2, i've preordered it, but isn't this a horrible way to make a clan ;) no offense or anything[/QUOTE]

Why Would you say its a horrible way to make a clan?

If people play with people they like playing with, they play more often...the more often they play, the better they get....It's common sense man...

Not only that, but were gamers anyways...So I can skip the problems with them having bad hand/eye coordination.

Superstar(cag) SgmSuperstar(aim)

I am assuming this will run for me, which it should. I guess the demo will give me a good idea.
Also, I like to defend. I am not used to being the flag runner or whatever, but I can learn if needed.

(CAG) JDMxB AIM--JDMxB

I'll have my SN25p running by the end of the week--and BF2 in all it's goodness!

[quote name='josherz']i found a site that host bf2, 32 player server for 64$$ a month.

http://www.superbgaming.com/

go there i think its better than paying 120$$ a month.. u still get all commands, admin options, etc...[/QUOTE]

I dont know if I trust them to stay up and running....

1. Their site looks like crap and is very unprofessional.
2. Their server stats shows the server having the wrong time.
3. I dont see anything about Battlefield 2 on their site.

I dunno...sounds like crap to me.

[quote name='jam3582']any one spotted the demo yet ?[/QUOTE]

Nope. For anyone who doesn't know, if you use xfire, then they have this thing you load onto the program, where as soon as it's released it will automatically download for you.

I'll definately be interested in the clan.. when it comes out on XBox. My PC is going to suck with this.. but i'm downloading it anyways.

[quote name='humidore']I saw this link on the GameFaqs board for GUNZ (yknow, people get bored of waiting to get in those packed servers...): http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html?tag=boxcar_all_download_image

I wish there was a torrent set up (hint hint) :cry: ...it'll be 4 hours on my DSL (~37kb/s)[/QUOTE]

It was 4 hours for me, too. I am also on dsl. I loaded it with DAP (Download Accelerator plus) and it's going to take me 1 hour and 44 minutes. So, you might want to try that. It beats waiting 4 hours, thats for sure.

[quote name='Superstar']It was 4 hours for me, too. I am also on dsl. I loaded it with DAP (Download Accelerator plus) and it's going to take me 1 hour and 44 minutes. So, you might want to try that. It beats waiting 4 hours, thats for sure.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of DAP...I'm wary of those types of prog's, but you recommend it eh? Anyone else?...

[quote name='Superstar']It was 4 hours for me, too. I am also on dsl. I loaded it with DAP (Download Accelerator plus) and it's going to take me 1 hour and 44 minutes. So, you might want to try that. It beats waiting 4 hours, thats for sure.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of DAP...I'm wary of those types of prog's, but you recommend it eh? I only use Free Download Manager, but I can't seem to get it to work when I d/l demos and stuff from these sites (no direct link I guess?...). Any other thoughts on DAP?

[quote name='humidore']I never heard of DAP...I'm wary of those types of prog's, but you recommend it eh? I only use Free Download Manager, but I can't seem to get it to work when I d/l demos and stuff from these sites (no direct link I guess?...). Any other thoughts on DAP?[/QUOTE]

I have used dap for awhile now. I use it on all my downloads, it always cuts the time down a lot. I have no complaints with it at all. It's definetly worth trying out. http://www.speedbit.com/DefaultT.asp if you want to check it out.

Hah! By the time I had DAP installed, download.com was completely stuffed with people d/ling. Gonna have to find somewhere else to get it. And BTW, how do you d/l with these programs like DAP and FDM, when you need a direct link? I always have to click places that send me here and there, and then the d/l pops up Windows-style (save/open). Post impressions when u guys get it up and running tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back