- - - - -

The "Official" Battlefield 2 CAG clan - come to our own CAG Server!!

#391 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

What type of mic do you have steve ? is it a USB one or is it the regular one you plug into the back of your card . Have you tried testing it out in the audio options in the game ?

It's the regular type with the connections for mic and headset like the one that came with the BF2 pre-order. I tried it in the game settings, but nothing. Works in Windows Sound Recorder though.

I had some connection issues last night so I didn't get on 'till around midnight CST. I ended up in a pretty good ranked server with very little lag. It was limited to 24 people, but at least it was playable. I've actually seen Marsh on the server before, that's how I found it.

I'd jump on the CAG server, but no one seems to ever be on and I keep wanting to get some ranked points even though nothing seems to be registering yet.

#392 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24189 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

I hope they fix the TK situtation. Someone fuckin decided to crash their copter into my car, which gave me two TK's and on top of that someone punished me. Another time I mined the hell out of an enemy tank to make sure he could not take the flag, and one of team members got pissed when it blew him up (I laid 5 mines around it, so he must have been blind)

#393 beefynutcase   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   7 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

beefynutcase

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:53 PM

I hope they fix the TK situtation. Someone fuckin decided to crash their copter into my car, which gave me two TK's and on top of that someone punished me. Another time I mined the hell out of an enemy tank to make sure he could not take the flag, and one of team members got pissed when it blew him up (I laid 5 mines around it, so he must have been blind)

I hear ya. Last night I was playing a medic and I revived a guy, he says thanks, then I tossed a grenade at the location where his killer was hiding. He sees me throw yet he still sprints straight over there only to be blown up with the enemy. Of course he decides to punish me... wtf!?! I have been TKed many times so far but never punished anyone because they all seemed like accidents and I gave the benefit of the doubt.

#394 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24189 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

I hear ya. Last night I was playing a medic and I revived a guy, he says thanks, then I tossed a grenade at the location where his killer was hiding. He sees me throw yet he still sprints straight over there only to be blown up with the enemy. Of course he decides to punish me... wtf!?! I have been TKed many times so far but never punished anyone because they all seemed like accidents and I gave the benefit of the doubt.

thats exactly the way I am. I know that I cannot always tell friend from foe so I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Just pisses me off people are such assholes

#395 Noodle Pirate!   My Cat > Your Cat CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Noodle Pirate!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:05 PM

haha I stopped playing engie becasue my own team drove over my mines more then the enemy did. Yes they always punish for being blind and stupid. Not worth getting banned because of their stupidity.
I think lately the points seem to update every night, so check back every 24 hours for your updated profile. It's working for me cause i made LCpl. and unlocked 1 weapon. Just make sure you stay till the end of the game and dont leave early cause I think they dont report if you leave before the game ends.

#396 beefynutcase   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   7 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

beefynutcase

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

Anyone know if you get points for taking out the enemy artillery or radar? I played a match in which as a Spec Ops I destroyed the opposing team's artillery three times in a row and I noticed no points being added for it. Seems like that's what that kit is for, if medics get heal points and engies get repair points... maybe I just missed it.

#397 Technique   I AM THE SECRAT INGREDINT CAGiversary!   2387 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

Ive almost got my first rank here. Ive been medic most of the time and have recieved 2 medic badges or whatever.

#398 humidore   Pasha CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:05 AM

Anyone know if you get points for taking out the enemy artillery or radar? I played a match in which as a Spec Ops I destroyed the opposing team's artillery three times in a row and I noticed no points being added for it. Seems like that's what that kit is for, if medics get heal points and engies get repair points... maybe I just missed it.

I don't think you get points...But I did get a Spec Ops badge thingy the match i really went Spec Ops (goin after artillery, etc.). I agree about how you should get points though. Sniper's don't have anything special to do though eh? Maybe mine-kills?...

I hope the ranked server situation gets better (if I can get in, it'll lag quite a bit(especially 64-player servers, which i avoid now pretty much))...And I can't find any servers that have the BattleRecorder thing set up right :cry:

#399 Marshal   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   16 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:59 AM

Yeah, this was a monster of a release. Either EA wasn't expecting these bugs, too many people all at once, or just rushed, something went terribly wrong. Hopefully they'll have a patch out soon.

#400 SteveMcQ   I love Panda! CAGiversary!   7943 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:07 AM

I'd better be getting these points updated soon. Got another Basic Spec Ops medal for the ump-teenth time. Who knows where I'd be if it actually registered in the first place.

And I got some nice kills as a sniper tonight as well. That was surprising. Something around 15 kills in one game. Best output as far as kills go.

#401 Renegade_Zero   D1 Scholarship CAGiversary!   2529 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Renegade_Zero

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:55 AM

I should have this game before our next meetup. are there any killer maps like islands on 1942?

#402 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24189 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:03 AM

anyone want to play together tonight on a NON ranked server?

I can't stand the lag of the ranked servers right now

#403 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:58 AM

anyone want to play together tonight on a NON ranked server?

I can't stand the lag of the ranked servers right now

im down just need to get a little bit of time with destroy all humans , we gonna be on the cag server ?

#404 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24189 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:00 AM

I am up for playing anywhere. If no one is on the CAG server, I will probably find somewhere else to play with 32 people.

#405 Technique   I AM THE SECRAT INGREDINT CAGiversary!   2387 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:48 AM

ok, I just figured the rank updating system. To see your new stats you have to log out, then log back in. It will then refreash all of your stats.

#406 JDMxB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:41 AM

They just updated it so that stats from ranked servers show up about 5 minutes after getting them.

I'm 50% to Lance Corporal right now--can't wait to unlock some weapons.

For the love of pete--can some of you guys make it tomorrow...please try.

#407 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

They just updated it so that stats from ranked servers show up about 5 minutes after getting them.

I'm 50% to Lance Corporal right now--can't wait to unlock some weapons.

For the love of pete--can some of you guys make it tomorrow...please try.

ill be there no prob. I was chasing casey around servers cause I kept getting knocked off but once I got stable it was on . Had some very good matches I dont kno the names of the maps yet but the one in the city is awesome.

casey you are a killing machine lol , I remember on one of the roof tops I was feeding you with lead and you took it like you were the terminator then you turn around and give me about 3 shots and im gone very nice work there.

Cant wait for tommorrow hopefully we will atleast have the server half full .

#408 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24189 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:48 AM

ill be there no prob. I was chasing casey around servers cause I kept getting knocked off but once I got stable it was on . Had some very good matches I dont kno the names of the maps yet but the one in the city is awesome.

casey you are a killing machine lol , I remember on one of the roof tops I was feeding you with lead and you took it like you were the terminator then you turn around and give me about 3 shots and im gone very nice work there.

Cant wait for tommorrow hopefully we will atleast have the server half full .

yea it was awesome, that last server we were on was the best ranked server I have played on yet.

thats the IP address. I think I will continue to play there in the future until the others get better.

Also thanks for the compliments and sorry about having to chase me around. When we were on that other server, I got bounced which is why I left. When I went to rejoin it was full (glad we left though because it was not as good of a server as the other). Jam has got some too. He nailed me quite a few times.

and yea I will be there tomorrow. If not many show up, lets try and invade a ranked server.

Also I am halfway to my next rank (private 1st class right now ) so I am going to spend all tomorrow trying to bust up my rank some more.

EDIT: Also, the APC is the most awesome thing in the game. Several times I would get like 10 kills just waiting near enemy spawn points to kill them bastards as they spawned (they either had rocket launchers or had mines laid so not my fault for spawn killing)

#409 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:08 AM

hey guys.. dont know if this has been posted but i just came back from gamefaqs and saw that theres a site to view your stats. http://bf2.slawed.net/ make sure to check a bubble if you enter a nickname..

#410 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

hey guys.. dont know if this has been posted but i just came back from gamefaqs and saw that theres a site to view your stats. http://bf2.slawed.net/ make sure to check a bubble if you enter a nickname..

oh nice find , damn I have 53 deaths and only 24 Kills lol thats what I get for trying to play defense on one of my bases lol. Casey thanks for the Server Info I forgot to jot it down. It was very stable except my ping was in the 200s !!!!! lol .How would I lower that cause everyone else is in the 100s ?

Now I see how you got alot of kills I was thinking you must have been on some vehicle (not knocking your solo skills ofcourse :applause: ) I thought you were just going all rambo into our bases and just lighting them up ablaze.

anyway I think even if alot of us dont get on tonight the few that do get on we could all be different squads on both teams . That way we could practice our teamwork and strategys I wonder if anyone from my squad will get on .

#411 jam3582   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:44 PM

I should have this game before our next meetup. are there any killer maps like islands on 1942?

oh and yea there is its pretty hectic also. its called Strike at Karkand and it was freakin fun cause its in a mini city and its the americans trying to infultrate the MEC team . MEC team starts with about 6 or 7 flag spots and the US only has one so they have to invade the city .

Its crazy cause the team will come in with about 10 people trying to take over the first spot . while the MEC has about the same amount of people waiting for them . I cant describe it very good as you can see but that map is hot.

#412 Mookyjooky   Work is play... CAGiversary!   5202 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:28 PM

This thread is OFFICIALLY DEAD. I am getting an admin to close it up.

GOTO :

http://www.cheapassg...794#post1098794

That is the new thread... this one was getting a little long.

#413 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49872 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:34 PM

This thread is OFFICIALLY DEAD. I am getting an admin to close it up.

GOTO :

http://www.cheapassg...794#post1098794

That is the new thread... this one was getting a little long.

Locked per OP request.