Looking for cheap Converse All Stars.

Target is actually selling a version of Converse called One Stars. Bought a pair of black highs for $29.99.

I love converse mainly because they are one of the only shoes that fits my platypus feet. I usually find them cheap at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, A J Wright or any other store that sells discount shoes. I can get most converse models for between 19.99 and 24.99. I have never seen any converse shoe priced more than 24.99 at these stores. Factory brand shoes if you have a store near you has lots of converse.

Does anyone have confirmation that the shoes at target are lower grade than what is sold at other stores? Although I was figuring this to be the case..

[quote name='SaraAB']I love converse mainly because they are one of the only shoes that fits my platypus feet. I usually find them cheap at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, A J Wright or any other store that sells discount shoes. I can get most converse models for between 19.99 and 24.99. I have never seen any converse shoe priced more than 24.99 at these stores. Factory brand shoes if you have a store near you has lots of converse.

Does anyone have confirmation that the shoes at target are lower grade than what is sold at other stores? Although I was figuring this to be the case..[/quote]

the shoes at Target are one stars, not all stars. they're exclusive to Target. as for quality, i'm sure they're the same converse quality as chuck taylors, i don't see why not. they're a different, more modern look, that's all.

[quote name='von551']the shoes at Target are one stars, not all stars. they're exclusive to Target. as for quality, i'm sure they're the same converse quality as chuck taylors, i don't see why not. they're a different, more modern look, that's all.[/quote]

They are cheaper, so I'm sure they are of less quality.
Plus, since when do they sell good shoes at Target?

Check musiciansfriend.com from time to time, they go on clearance once in a while. I got a pair of slip-ons for like $10 bucks recently.

I tried them on.
They feel different...in my opinion.

Anyways, I'll probably buy some red ones.
They look okay.

You guys think they will go on sale?
I've never seen Target have a shoe sales, just do the AS-IS
when they stop carrying it.

[quote name='techstar25']Take a look at the One Stars from Target. They might not be the same cut as All Stars so you should try them on first, but they look good to me. Here is the high top. THey have low top too.
http://www.target.com/Converse-One-...e=UTF8&node=401336011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1[/quote]

less expensive doesn't mean cheaper quality. i'm sure chuck taylor's would be $20 if they were at target, nothing special about them, just style. target's cheaper than most places on a lot of things. it's not like target employees are in the back making them. they're made by converse and sold by target. Target and Converse designed the shoes together three years ago and now they're exclusive to Target.

I wear volitants and high streets right now, you can't get high streets anymore but they are extremely comfortable (ok, you might be able to get some on ebay). I liked the rebel as well but haven't found them cheap yet. All stars are a bit too narrow but I wore them religiously in high school, red ones, my feet are larger and wider now though. I would like some one stars but they slip in the heel for me no matter what size, the volitants are almost the same thing though. Oh yeah and even though I am a girl I am talking about mens shoes here, thats another reason I wear converse, the mens and womens are almost the same so it doesn't look so obvious that I am wearing mens shoes, I am a size 10 in guys so I don't have a choice.

Recent markdowns at Hot Topic have a bunch of Cons and Vans for $4.97 and $9.98.

A lot of them got scarfed up right away (and are on Ebay now), but you might get lucky.

[quote name='von551']less expensive doesn't mean cheaper quality. i'm sure chuck taylor's would be $20 if they were at target, nothing special about them, just style. [/quote]

I actually have it on good authority that these One Stars were designed and manufactured for Target to meet a lower price point. Read into that what you will, but I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that these are "real" Chucks.

~20 years ago when I was a youngster we would wear Converse because they were cheap. They were great work shoes for kitchens... just throw them out every month or 2 and buy another pair.

I didn't know they had a 'quality' line. :)

[quote name='bmachine']

I actually have it on good authority that these One Stars were designed and manufactured for Target to meet a lower price point. Read into that what you will, but I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that these are "real" Chucks.[/quote]

I have to agree.
They are cheaper quality.

Vintage Converse (All Stars or One Stars) are all Made in the USA and stamped accordingly inside or printed on the heel. These are indeed better made than the new chinese remakes
(I own about 30 vintage pairs - 27 All stars, 3 One Stars) and one chinese pair misrepresented in an auction that I need to sell
My crown jewel is a new pair of "Black Label - on the heel" purple low tops bought from a seller on Ebay for $30 shipped. lol I wear them on "special" occasions only.
I bought most on Ebay for

I always wanted the purple and maroon all star low tops but never got them! I had lots of green and red and a pair that was turquoise with black insides.

[quote name='bmachine']

I actually have it on good authority that these One Stars were designed and manufactured for Target to meet a lower price point. Read into that what you will, but I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that these are "real" Chucks.[/quote]

yeah, you're right. like i said, target and converse designed these together exclusively. they're definitely no chucks, they're aimed at the 20-30 something crowd that still thinks they're cool. that's literally the marketing wording pretty much. i would think they're more aimed for girls since there's so many color variants and girls have a ton of cheap shoes anyways. i've had my chucks for about 6 years and still kicking. i'm still sure if chucks were at target they'd be $20.

UPDATE:

Thanks for the replies. After shopping around I found a nice pair at Marshalls for $19.99. Best deal that I have seen. For those of you who are interested.

[quote name='hbkdinobot']UPDATE:

Thanks for the replies. After shopping around I found a nice pair at Marshalls for $19.99. Best deal that I have seen. For those of you who are interested.[/quote]

were they chuck taylors or one stars?

bread's done
Back