Wireless Racing Wheel Retrofit Question - *updated*

GLOCKGLOCK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Has anyone out there had any luck with the Wireless Racing Wheel Retrofit that MS announced a few months back:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/wirelesswheelretrofit.htm

I faxed in the info and received a box to send the wheel back at the end of December. Sent it in 1st week of January and now.... nothing. So I call MS support and the person has no idea that there is a racing wheel retrofit and when I finally convince her there is she says that all it involves is sending out a new cord for the wheel. I read the information to the customer svc rep right off of the MS website about how the retrofit is supposed to work (i.e. you will receive a box from MS to send in the wheel so they can fix it) and she seems to finally get it. So I get put on perma-hold and when she comes back she says she needs the tracking number for the wheel I sent back and they will try to find it. Of course I don't have that info here at work so she tells me to call back when I have it. What an effing disaster.

I have already had to send in my HD DVD drive in the past, now its the racing wheel and I'm sure my console will RRoD eventually. Why does it take 2-3 calls to get these people to have a clue? This customer service is really horrible.

Has anyone else sent in their racing wheel for this yet? Have you received your wheel back or ?

Yeah I had sent mine in around mid December. Odd thing is I got two empty boxes sent to me, one had the packing info, the other the return label. Sent it off and got it back the next week. It was really fast. A friend of mine sent one in too, a week or so after i sent mine back, and got it back within a week.

Got mine back a month or so ago. It took forever for them to process the return initially. I had been waiting for the empty box to come in for about two months.

Well its good to hear that some people have at least received a wheel back. Hopefully once I get them this tracking number they will figure it out and get my wheel back to me.

Anyone notice anything different or was it a pure mechanical fix?

So I found the tracking info and MS received my Racing Wheel in McAllen, TX on Dec 28th!!! I called them today and they at least confirmed they had received it, but they said they had no update on when I would receive it! WTF. So they told me they would elevate it to a supervisor and I would get a callback from the supervisor in 24-48 hours. Of course they said if I do not hear from them I need to call them back. This is exactly the same thing that happened with my HDDVD drive. They 'lost' it, I had to call them with tracking info and they finally straightened things out.

2 full months for this 'retrofit' and I still don't know when I'll get the wheel back. I am going to call them out on this and maybe they will throw me a game or something for my troubles.

Well they finally called me back today and said they think my wheel will ship back to me sometime next week and that when it ships I will get a callback. I told them that this 2+ month turnaround time for the retrofit was not acceptable and the supervisor said they could offer some compensation once I received the wheel. So I guess I'll at least get a free game out of this ordeal.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well they finally called me back today and said they think my wheel will ship back to me sometime next week and that when it ships I will get a callback. I told them that this 2+ month turnaround time for the retrofit was not acceptable and the supervisor said they could offer some compensation once I received the wheel. So I guess I'll at least get a free game out of this ordeal.[/quote]At least they're offering something. That's a pretty damn long wait. I had about the same time spent waiting from when I sent in the form to the time I got my wheel back. I probably should've asked for compensation as well. Then again, I've probably got whatever free games they have to offer.

Just wondering. When you send in your wheel for repair do they return the same wheel??? Or do you get a refurbished one like when sending in the 360??? In the 9 months I've owned the wheel I've used it exactly twice and I would hate to get back a busted up unit.

)-(

[quote name='Havoc1701']Just wondering. When you send in your wheel for repair do they return the same wheel??? Or do you get a refurbished one like when sending in the 360??? In the 9 months I've owned the wheel I've used it exactly twice and I would hate to get back a busted up unit.

)-([/quote]

I FINALLY received my wheel last Saturday. I opened it up and it appears to be a brand new wheel. I will check the serial number when I get home and let you know for sure though.

As for my "compensation" for them taking 2+ months to get the wheel back to me, I was offered my choice of Kameo and PGR3. What a joke.

I got mine retrofitted. I sent in the form and it took months for them to send me a box. Once I sent the box off, I don’t remember how long it took to get back. I think it took a couple weeks for me.

So wouldn't you know it, it takes them 2 months to turn around my Racing Wheel, but I get my free game the day after they told me they were mailing it out. crazy.

bread's done
Back