Carcassonne and Catan Game Night?

Del Far

CAG Veteran
I'm a big fan of Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan and I know it has been mentioned a couple of times on the CAGcast and CAG foreplay and I was thinking that these games would be bunch of great games to play together, since we can go 4 player and more for Catan. We can all add each other on live and then we can just select, play friends only etc. My Xbox Live Name is "TheRealDelFar" if you want to add me.

So is anyone interested in making a Special Night where we all try to play these games? I'm open to the day and time, I hope more people are into this.

I'm definitely in, man! I love Carcassone! However, I can't get into Catan, I don't know why... :(

Who else wants in on this?

I play Catan pretty frequently. I have purchased Carcassonne, but I haven't learned much about it. This, however, wouldn't stop me from playing it with others given my limited experience.

So yeah, if people want to play Catan and you aren't a dick, let me know.

I play Carcassonne a lot. I found the only thing more satisfying then stealing someone’s castle is trapping their followers. Muahahahaha :lol:

I play Carcassonne but now that there's barely anyone playing it I've stopped a little, add me if you want to play though.

I'll play Carcassonne - I haven't played it in a while but I could get back into it. I might as well get some use out of it since I actually paid for it (just before they gave it away :bomb:).

I'd play either.

Fart, you ever figure out those network problems that were plaguing you the first night we tried to Catan?

I'm definitely up for Catan, so you can certainly count me in.

I got Carcassonne when it was free, but I haven't tried it yet. I should soon.

[quote name='marten']I'd play either.

Fart, you ever figure out those network problems that were plaguing you the first night we tried to Catan?[/QUOTE]

yep, I'm all good now. Don't know what happened but I unplugged the router and let it sit for a day and now its all peachy. Its as if the snow storm we got hit with fucked with my router.

Really sorry about that night and I still want to play some online Catan sometime.

And I guess I would be down with some Carcassonne (just need to buy it first) though I've never played it before

I'm totally psyched to hear that everyone is up for it, we have to decide what night we want to play, I'm open for any night, Saturday night would be fine for be because I'm a college student who doesn't drink so that night is incredibly free, but I'm cool for putting away some time for another night. I'm not sure how we can do this, should we just say what night sounds good for all of us?

Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat are all fine for me (sunday is saved for hw for the last possible minute)

Oh yeah, I'm going to friend all of you also, so we should probably all do that, I really dont know how the COD4 thurs night group organizes this.

I'd be up for Carcassone. But I really need to get some experience playing it first. Twen, Thor, and Cheapy can all vouch for how shitty I am at that game >_

[quote name='fart_bubble']the only days I wouldn't be able to do it is Friday, Saturday and Sunday[/QUOTE]

same here..

i'm up for Catan though..

I can probably play almost every night except Fridays.

Maybe late Fridays, actually.

Sunday afternoons are good, as is pretty much all of Saturday. Honestly, with my online classes, I'm free to play whenever. Well, a week from tomorrow I'm going back to work, so I can't play from about 3-9 on Mon-Thurs, but every other time is pretty much free.

I'd be up for that, if 10pm means in 30 minutes (still suck at telling time zones apart, which one is new york?), because I would totally love to procrastinate a little more.

I might be on. Feel free to post in here or send me a friend invite.

Though usually if I get on, there's a particular player-bastard I'll be going up against. But we'd welcome new challengers.

[quote name='Del Far']I'd be up for that, if 10pm means in 30 minutes (still suck at telling time zones apart, which one is new york?), because I would totally love to procrastinate a little more.[/quote]
no, it's 3 hours and 30 minutes from the time I post this.

[quote name='doc_zaius']no, it's 3 hours and 30 minutes from the time I post this.[/quote]

Duly noted good Doctor.

[quote name='doc_zaius']Sorry I missed you BackinBlack. It was a CLOSE game! pretty crazy, actually.[/quote]

No prob, i totally had just missed u guys,twas my bad. Hope to play sometime soon.

I have both games and am willing to play them with whoever.

Although I'd prefer to play some Ranked matches on Catan since no one ever plays that and I'd like to work towards that last achievement if possible.

Either way, send me a friend request w/ CAG in the message and I'll accept!

[quote name='Cleaner7']I have both games and am willing to play them with whoever.

Although I'd prefer to play some Ranked matches on Catan since no one ever plays that and I'd like to work towards that last achievement if possible.

Either way, send me a friend request w/ CAG in the message and I'll accept![/quote]
yeah, I was thinking with catan we could try and meet up in the ranked matches somehow. pick a time or something, I'm working my way up those achievements as well.

[quote name='doc_zaius']yeah, I was thinking with catan we could try and meet up in the ranked matches somehow. pick a time or something, I'm working my way up those achievements as well.[/QUOTE]

It's often difficult to time correctly, but what my brother and I do, is attempt to join a ranked game at the same time. We do this timing using the private chat function. It has worked in the past, though it is often difficult. Once we're in the same game, we then close the private chat and join the game chat.

We can try that.

[quote name='doc_zaius']Sorry I missed you BackinBlack. It was a CLOSE game! pretty crazy, actually.[/quote]

Totally agreed Zaius, I was lucky that I happened to get a piece that helped me complete another sanctuary in time, but man 78 77 77, that was fucking close, and awesome, well played sir, well played.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']My advice: Pick a day and see who shows up. I love both games and would be down if I'm around to play.[/quote]

How about this Wednesday (the 20th) at like 11pm-1am EST I'm up for playing any game of Carcassone, lets try and see if we can possibly get a whole room of just CAGs in a game together, I think thats possible to do, Right? Lets do this! :applause:

[quote name='Del Far']How about this Wednesday (the 20th) at like 11pm-1am EST I'm up for playing any game of Carcassone, lets try and see if we can possibly get a whole room of just CAGs in a game together, I think thats possible to do, Right? Lets do this! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'll try to be there. I need to clear out some friends list people as I'm at 100 though.

You may want to update the title with that info Del Far.

bread's done
Back