The Club - Gen. Discussion & Info - Includes my PS3 Fanboy review!

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
So I'm reviewing The Club for PS3 Fanboy, and I have to tell you guys, this is one of the best shooters to come along in a long, long time. This game has the potential to be really huge in both single player and online. Both modes are fantastic and full of fun.

I have an embargo for another few days, so I probably shouldn't say much more right now or face the wrath of Sega, but just know you NEED this game!

Anyway, this will be the thread for everyone to post their high scores. The only stipulation is you must have photographic evidence of your achievement!

theclub-3mil.jpg

I actually did like the demo a lot, but Sega games have a way of hitting $29 fairly quick, so I plan on picking up The Club around June or July.

i'm surprised to hear u say its that great, i found the demo kinda dull to be honest
i've found that since playing cod, i dont like the control schemes on any other fps's
none of them feel tight & responsive compared to cod 4

[quote name='cheezhead430']i'm surprised to hear u say its that great, i found the demo kinda dull to be honest
i've found that since playing cod, i dont like the control schemes on any other fps's
none of them feel tight & responsive compared to cod 4[/quote]

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the demo, either.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/12/29/see-the-club-demo-in-action

But after playing the full version and everything it has to offer, trust me, you will love this game.

So The Club just came out yesterday. I reviewed it for PS3FB and gave it an 8.5, but the review won't be posting until later today.

I implore all of you to give this game a chance. It really is completely awesome, and I think you'll appreciate it once you've played the full version.

Game Informer had really positive things to say about the game too, both reviewers giving it 8.75. I still can't help but feel this will be $30 in a short amount of time though.

I thought the idea of The Club was really interesting, but the demo soured me on it too. Funny how demos seem to be backfiring a lot lately though I still have a desire to try the final product (unlike turok).

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']So I'm reviewing The Club for PS3 Fanboy, and I have to tell you guys, this is one of the best shooters to come along in a long, long time. This game has the potential to be really huge in both single player and online. Both modes are fantastic and full of fun.

I have an embargo for another few days, so I probably shouldn't say much more right now or face the wrath of Sega, but just know you NEED this game!

Anyway, this will be the thread for everyone to post their high scores. The only stipulation is you must have photographic evidence of your achievement!

theclub-3mil.jpg
[/quote]

Best shooter in a long long time? Hmm... I don't think this shooter is better than Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, or Bioshock. Unless you consider a few months to be a long long time.

[quote name='srad1968']Best shooter in a long long time? Hmm... I don't think this shooter is better than Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, or Bioshock. Unless you consider a few months to be a long long time.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant Best ARCADE shooter, not first person shooter. Sure, Club can't complete with COD4's multiplayer, or Bioshocks narrative, but as an arcade, twitch game, it's pretty addictive.

One question about the picture posting Grave, what level/game type was that? Also add me to your PS3 friends list.

[quote name='srad1968']Best shooter in a long long time? Hmm... I don't think this shooter is better than Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, or Bioshock. Unless you consider a few months to be a long long time.[/quote]

Yeah, I should have been more clear. It's definitely an arcadey-type game, and I don't think it should really be compared to COD4, Halo 3 or Bioshock. Well, the tournament mode, anyway.

The online mode is more traditional to shooters, though.

I ordered a copy. I liked the demo, but was shy about getting the full game, but I just found (hopefully real) a relatively cheap copy on ebay.

[quote name='coolz481']Game Informer had really positive things to say about the game too, both reviewers giving it 8.75. I still can't help but feel this will be $30 in a short amount of time though.[/quote]

Very likely that this will drop in price pretty fast. Gamestop is predicting that the price will drop pretty fast as well. They are only giving $20 in trade for it already. To put this in perspective COD 4 and Super Mario Galaxy are still trading in at $30. Even Turok is getting $25. Time will tell though.

bread's done
Back