Wal-Mart.com: Official Final Fantasy VII Strategy Guide (Brady), $9.44 'in-stock!'

freakyzeeky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=570277

Get it while it's hot! ;)

0978156686714_500X500.jpg

[quote name='Blade70']Why don't they reprint the game!?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wish it was reprinted...

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']This is not really a deal. The book isn't rare as it has been reprinted. Amazon has had it in-stock for quite a while.[/QUOTE]
Amazon at the moment does not have it in stock, and it's going from $23 from other sellers.
I didn't know it was reprinted, BTW. I'd figured that if anyone were looking for this guide, they can get it for cheap, or even near free with the $10 gift card from the SSBB pre-oder fiasco. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Yeah, I wish it was reprinted...

Amazon at the moment does not have it in stock, and it's going from $23 from other sellers.
I didn't know it was reprinted, BTW. I'd figured that if anyone were looking for this guide, they can get it for cheap, or even near free with the $10 gift card from the SSBB pre-oder fiasco. ;)[/quote]

It shows that it is in stock and sold by Amazon when I visit the page.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Fant...d_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203632239&sr=1-2

[quote name='Blade70']Why don't they reprint the game!?[/quote]
Surfer Girl Reviews Star Wars says that Sony and Enix are working on an updated version of FFVII to be released on PSN. It says that it's not going to be an updated version like the tech demo at E3, more of a graphical update (probably so it doesn't look so damn grainy in HD). Usually I would SCREAM BS at this, but SGRSW has been pretty fucking spot on with A LOT of the predictions or insider news, so I'm putting this under my "God I hope it's true" pillow without discount.

I sold my copy of FF7 months ago as sooner or later they will re-release the game in some form, probably over PSN. And once that happend the disc copies value will plumit! Getting $68 for a game I bought for $20 years ago is a pretty sweet deal.

I would love a final fantasy 7 update but only if they gave it a real hd graphical update. For now I will get the guide so I can play through my black label final fantasy 7 which I was lucky to keep when I sold most of my ps games like 5 years ago. :lol:

[quote name='Blade70']Why don't they reprint the game!?[/QUOTE]

cause it was already reprinted several times, Square even kept printing it after most retailers stopped carrying PS1 games, there are millions of copies out there and unless you just started gaming the past 2-3 years, there were plenty of opportunities to buy it brand new for $15

I've got the Versus guide... But I loaned it to a friend years ago and he practically destroyed it. I've still got it, but the cover is all jacked up and pages are falling out... But FWIW, the Versus guide was outstanding.

I got a phone call the other day and my parents told me they gave away a bunch of the old game stuff I left at their house. In that pile was a black label FF7, a mint guide, a memory card with a bunch of playthroughs on it, and a gameshark with a bunch of FF7 codes on it.

I was PISSED.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Surfer Girl Reviews Star Wars says that Sony and Enix are working on an updated version of FFVII to be released on PSN. It says that it's not going to be an updated version like the tech demo at E3, more of a graphical update (probably so it doesn't look so damn grainy in HD). Usually I would SCREAM BS at this, but SGRSW has been pretty fucking spot on with A LOT of the predictions or insider news, so I'm putting this under my "God I hope it's true" pillow without discount.[/quote]

Do you have a link to that? And are they reliable cus I've never heard of them? That would be incredible because a PS3 remake could mess up the nostalgia but a PSN remake ala Bionic Commando Rearmed would be AMAZING.

[quote name='beezdeez']I got a phone call the other day and my parents told me they gave away a bunch of the old game stuff I left at their house. In that pile was a black label FF7, a mint guide, a memory card with a bunch of playthroughs on it, and a gameshark with a bunch of FF7 codes on it.

I was PISSED.[/quote]

I'd be SOO angry. I'd be more upset over the game saves than the game itself I think. That sucks man.

I've seen guys selling FF7 game saves on ebay lately, but if there not your own, feels wrong.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Parents just don't understand.[/quote]

Hahaha, that song was the first thing that popped in my head. They gave away Parasite Eve, FF8, my fuckin' Game Gear, my Genesis with NBA Jam. WTF.

Who does that? They obviously don't love me...

Yeah, you left crap taking up space at your parents house though. In their mind if you didn't take old crap with you, what reason would they have to think you wanted it.

Still have my original FF7 copy from release as well as this guide. This would be exciting if it were the Versus guide. Personally, I think this guide is poorly organized. I've made quite a good amount of pen-written notes in the guide to improve it's quality. ;)

I'm grateful that my parents have never EVER touched my stuff without permission. I've heard too many horror stories like this.

wait what's the worth of a FFVII game save? I had one where I basically got everything.. gold choco and beat both weapons haha why do people buy them? weird.

[quote name='cranguy']I'm grateful that my parents have never EVER touched my stuff without permission. I've heard too many horror stories like this.[/quote]

I've got a simple rule that goes for family and friends both - You touch my shit, I stab you. I've shown the dagger. Its pointy. So far, its worked.

The Versus FF7 guide is sweet. I still have my copy though it's a little beat up. It included that poster with all the characters. The guide gives alot of info without giving away spoilers.

The Brady guide is a clusterfuck of information.

[quote name='aznguyen316']wait what's the worth of a FFVII game save? I had one where I basically got everything.. gold choco and beat both weapons haha why do people buy them? weird.[/quote]

I've seen them sold on ebay for like $25. But the guy who was selling it had a list of VERY impressive saves. Some with everything, some modded to have Aeris and Seph in your party, some of cool stuff too. I was almost tempted to buy it, but a split second later realized what a dork I'd be if I did.

I saw the copy of FF VII with the black insert sell for over $100 ($102) the other day on ebay. I have that exact copy. For the poster that says if Sony makes FF VII available online the value will plummet I disagree. That is like saying if they reprint Michael Jordan rookie cards the originals will fall in value. In the collectable world the original always retains value because it actually is the original. That is why the black insert FF's are woth more than the green insert ones.

[quote name='52club']I saw the copy of FF VII with the black insert sell for over $100 ($102) the other day on ebay. I have that exact copy. For the poster that says if Sony makes FF VII available online the value will plummet I disagree. That is like saying if they reprint Michael Jordan rookie cards the originals will fall in value. In the collectable world the original always retains value because it actually is the original. That is why the black insert FF's are woth more than the green insert ones.[/quote]

Up to a ceratain point, FFVII has so many copys out that once casual(i use that term lightly here) gamers can get it for $10 on PSN they won't need the PS1 copy, then they will sell it, there are around 15 million copys of FF7 in print, I highly doubt there are half that may dedcated collectors.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Do you have a link to that? And are they reliable cus I've never heard of them? That would be incredible because a PS3 remake could mess up the nostalgia but a PSN remake ala Bionic Commando Rearmed would be AMAZING.[/quote]
Here you go: http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2008/01/listing.html
Also, the link to "her" blog is http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com and is updated pretty well. So far "she" has been pretty fucking spot on with this insider stuff. The icing on the cake was the info that Gears of War 2 will be announced at GDC, which it was.

I ended up getting one at Borders for that price 6 months ago. I don't even really need it (since I've killed the game), but it's nice to add to the pile.

My Mom threw out all of my Nintendo and Genesis Boxes and instructions (all in great condition) as well as all of my Nintendo Powers. I had left them there because I didn't have room in my dorm room and didn't even think about it. Couldn't believe it.

Luckily my parents know what I have so I don't think they would ever just give it away. They probably would put it on ebay. lol

[quote name='emg28']The Versus FF7 guide is sweet. I still have my copy though it's a little beat up. It included that poster with all the characters. The guide gives alot of info without giving away spoilers.

The Brady guide is a clusterfuck of information.[/QUOTE]

I still have the Versus Books guide for FF7 too. I never realized it was supposed to be rare though. It's still in one piece but the spine on it is damaged so I've had to tape it , and a couple pages are ripped but otherwise it's still there. I even still have the original huge poster hanging up in my place.

The only really novel thing I thought about the guide was the fact that it was "mostly" spoiler free. Thing is if your looking through a strategy guide you should just except the fact your gonna see spoilers.

[quote name='52club']I saw the copy of FF VII with the black insert sell for over $100 ($102) the other day on ebay. I have that exact copy. For the poster that says if Sony makes FF VII available online the value will plummet I disagree. That is like saying if they reprint Michael Jordan rookie cards the originals will fall in value. In the collectable world the original always retains value because it actually is the original. That is why the black insert FF's are woth more than the green insert ones.[/quote]

I sold 3 copies of FF7 on Ebay last year. I paid $10, $15, and $50 for the copies at my local store, all mint condition black label copies. I sold the three copies for $90, $95, and $60 respectfully. Needless to say, I made a killing :) I'm not trying to rip people off either, I started them off at $1, and they just skyrocket on their own... I did the same thing with the GTA: LCS (PSP) when the downgrader would only work with this game, and paid $10-$15 each for 3 copies of the game at local stores, and sold them on Ebay for $60-$80 a piece. I've made some good money on Ebay because of games like this.

Yeah, I have a copy that I've played once just sitting on my game rack. Now that I see what it's worth, I'm thinking of doing a trade thread since I didn't have anything rare/valuable before.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']I'd be SOO angry. I'd be more upset over the game saves than the game itself I think. That sucks man.

I've seen guys selling FF7 game saves on ebay lately, but if there not your own, feels wrong.[/quote]

I never understood that...you can't play through the game again using the save...at least I haven't been able to. I know my counter stopped at 99:99

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I sold 3 copies of FF7 on Ebay last year. I paid $10, $15, and $50 for the copies at my local store, all mint condition black label copies. I sold the three copies for $90, $95, and $60 respectfully. Needless to say, I made a killing :) I'm not trying to rip people off either, I started them off at $1, and they just skyrocket on their own... I did the same thing with the GTA: LCS (PSP) when the downgrader would only work with this game, and paid $10-$15 each for 3 copies of the game at local stores, and sold them on Ebay for $60-$80 a piece. I've made some good money on Ebay because of games like this.[/quote]

I did the same thing on amazon.com. I got lucky and bought 11 copies of the GH version direct from SONY for $5 (500 pts) each a year or two ago...Ahh the days when the SONY card had good rewards. Sold them on amazon for around $200 each. Still have sealed one to keep and a sealed one with a broken case, and my original black label of course.

I think there will still be demand for sealed versions, but just like SOTN, the overall demand for used games will drop.

i had no idea FF7 Black label was so valuable, i have 1 copy myself, but just thinking of all the other opportunities to pick this game up when people still sold PSX games...

My dad, about 4 year's ago threw out my FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and DWVII Strategy guides to the dumpster, cuz they were collecting dust in my old room. To this day, I shutter to think how much money all those strategy guides would've been worth on ebay..[face_sigh]

[quote name='NolbertoS']My dad, about 4 year's ago threw out my FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and DWVII Strategy guides to the dumpster, cuz they were collecting dust in my old room. To this day, I shutter to think how much money all those strategy guides would've been worth on ebay..[face_sigh][/quote]

Really, only the FFVII and Dragon Warrior guides are hard to find right now. So don't feel too bad. Brady printed a ton of all the FF guides, and Gamestop keeps them in stock for years typically.

bread's done
Back