CAG Hacked

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm pretty sure that CAG was hacked and that was the cause of current problems.

So far, it seems like Avatars and Gallery images were wiped out.
I have those backed up and I will restore them as soon as I can.
In the meantime, please don't try to upload new avatars or gallery images.

There may be other damage which has not yet surfaced.

Thanks for your patience,
-CD

UPDATE:
Gallery is back online.

Its too bad that some hacker decided to hack CAG. I dont know why anyone would want to.
Well, atleast some of the avatars are saved on the computer, so I can see some of them.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I never had a problem with avatars, but the galleries are empty.[/quote]
You can still see avatars?
The folder is completely empty.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I never had a problem with avatars, but the galleries are empty.[/quote]
The folder is completely empty.[/quote]

Yeah, I see them.

EDIT: Shit, as soon as I responded they dissapeared. :?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I never had a problem with avatars, but the galleries are empty.[/quote]
The folder is completely empty.[/quote]

Yeah, I see them.

EDIT: Shit, as soon as I responded they dissapeared. :?[/quote]
Well, at least we still have your sig to keep morale up...

Happy Holidays CheapyD!!!!!

Just sucks that someone would pull something like that on the site. Hope you get everything straight. Probably more work than you wanted this holiday weekend.

[quote name='CheapyD']They must be cached in your browser, I guess.[/quote]That's a sign that he's on CAG too much. :lol:

And it was DLF! His man boobs destroyed CAG!

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']perhaps DLF

with all the time on his hands(and in his stomach) who knows what he could do

and i can see all the avatars.............[/quote]

How could he have time in his stomach?

I think it was defender. I cant remember the exact quote, but

"I couldnt figure out what some code did, so I deleted it"

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']perhaps DLF

with all the time on his hands(and in his stomach) who knows what he could do

and i can see all the avatars.............[/quote]

How could he have time in his stomach?[/quote]
He ate a clock?

[quote name='Othergods']It had to be Bestbuy, since they hate us. To many Cags bought their BF deals and they are pissed!!![/quote]

Just what I was thinking...

[quote name='bignick']I think it was defender. I cant remember the exact quote, but

"I couldnt figure out what some code did, so I deleted it"[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='ZForce915']If you find out who did this and you need to adminster a beatdown...I'm your man.[/quote]Sorry to get off Topic, but Have you gotten the DVD of Strong Bads first 100 emails? I just got mine in the mail have not watched it yet though.

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='Othergods']It had to be Bestbuy, since they hate us. To many Cags bought their BF deals and they are pissed!!![/quote]

Just what I was thinking...[/quote]
and thats what I was thinking :wink:

So far all the icons in this thread have been dead to me, those who are still seing them might just have them in their internet cashe.

Ooooooo! This is not good. I think a public lynching is in order! If you find out who did it, please share. I think the community would love to "get even."

Did I say that?

that sucks that someone did that. i hope someone on here finds them and "gets even."

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']A little suspicious it'd get tossed the morning of Black Friday.[/quote]

not really, hackers are generally immature, but not stupid

they do things when people will notice..

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']A little suspicious it'd get tossed the morning of Black Friday.[/quote]

they do things when people will notice..[/quote]

True...I just figured if the site was vunerable, someone would've already exploited it by now.

Was the site or the forum actually down for any period of time? When I got online this late this morning, it had all the error messages at the top of the forum pages, but otherwise stuff was readable. Just curious if this little stunt cost CAG any real downtime or whether it was just an annoyance of errors?

Seems like just an annoyance at this point.
There was new PHPBB vulnerablity that was just discovered and of course, being the lazy bastard that I am, didn't fix it until it was too late.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']A little suspicious it'd get tossed the morning of Black Friday.[/quote]

they do things when people will notice..[/quote]

True...I just figured if the site was vunerable, someone would've already exploited it by now.

Was the site or the forum actually down for any period of time? When I got online this late this morning, it had all the error messages at the top of the forum pages, but otherwise stuff was readable. Just curious if this little stunt cost CAG any real downtime or whether it was just an annoyance of errors?[/quote]

It's hard to tell, since the CAG goes down several times a night anyway.

[quote name='CheapyD']Seems like just an annoyance at this point.
There was new PHPBB vulnerablity that was just discovered and of course, being the lazy bastard that I am, didn't fix it until it was too late.[/quote]

Bleh. It's pretty crummy though that you have to be so on top of it, or else somebody feels the need to break it. Anyway, good job in getting everything back up in such short order.

[quote name='The Gifuto'][quote name='bignick']I think it was defender. I cant remember the exact quote, but

"I couldnt figure out what some code did, so I deleted it"[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

The funniest part is that defender actually said that.

bread's done
Back