Fable II - Gen Discussion & Info

iRandom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
271 (100%)

Features

Fable II is the highly anticipated sequel to the wildly successful original that sold more than three million copies, offering even more choices and building on the core gameplay theme of Fable, where your every decision continually defines who you become. This action role-playing game (RPG) allows you to live the life you choose in the newly expanded open world of Albion. Set 500 years after the original, Fable II delivers an epic story and innovative real-time gameplay, including a massive amount of freedom and choice to explore a vast collection of dungeons, catacombs, and taverns in the world of Albion.

• Choices, consequences: Fable II expands upon the scope and depth of the Xbox® classic by creating a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players can play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design—all leading to different consequences.
  • A land far, far away: Revisit the newly expanded world of Albion more than 500 years after the events of the original, where you are free to openly roam the countryside. For the right price, every house, hut, dungeon, and castle is for sale. See how the world grows and changes in incredible and unique ways in response to your decisions, as you rediscover Albion as if for the first time.
  • Fight with ease: The new combat system allows players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat weapons including crossbows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. Mix combat styles and become everything from a master swordsman to a skilled ranger to an evil magic wielder, each utilizing a different single button on the Xbox 360® controller.
  • A hero's best friend: Your canine companion acts as friend, compass and protector. Feed your pooch and he will love you unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys throughout the magical world.
  • Experience the world together: For the first time in any next-generation RPG game, experience the expansive and immersive world with friends, using the new and exciting Dynamic Co-op Mode, bringing the long-awaited multiplayer function to the world of Fable II.
  • External mini-games earn in-game gold: Lionhead Studios Ltd. provides an unprecedented experience to gamers through Xbox LIVE® Arcade. Start earning in-game currency for Fable II later this year, even before the game's release to retail, by downloading and playing an Xbox LIVE Arcade title consisting of three mini-games. The Xbox LIVE Arcade title will allow gamers to purchase weapons, armor, and more for their hero. This first-of-its-kind experience can only be found on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
Achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85568

Newest video...
http://www.gamespot.com/video/927246/6186379/fable-2-video-feature-1

As for me, this is a must.
I like the LIVE dynamic co-op where a player can get into the game wherever and whenever he/she wants...

The Arcade game sounds nice too, but I wont be getting it seeing that itll cost some MS points to get it.

Anyway, a great feature that I think should be inplemented in the game is being able to marry your co-op partner. I think many people will like that...I know I will.

Anyway, feel free to talk about this game

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished the first one, but was one of those people that were extremely disappointed at the final product. What was supposed to be an Oblivion turned out to be like Maple story in 3-D, but I still like Peter and I've really like what he's been doing to the game. The redesigning of the combat was what hooked me, plus the game looks fantastic.

I think Peter Molyneux is one of the best game developers around and he's doing a lot to keep pushing gaming forward, so I'll probably bite on Fable 2. Just depends on the timing since it looks like a significant time investment for the player. Gears 2 could draw me away.

[quote name='Scobie']I think Peter Molyneux is one of the best game developers around and he's doing a lot to keep pushing gaming forward, so I'll probably bite on Fable 2. Just depends on the timing since it looks like a significant time investment for the player. Gears 2 could draw me away.[/quote]

True...I admire him for that.
The combat system is great, but to me at least....its a little easy...I like a little bit more of a challenge

I never played Fable. However, when listening to the CAGCast, I heard Cheapy say that there was Co-Op (not mentioned if over Live or not). However, this does peak interest. Ah, if only this game carried like REAL online instead of just Co-Op -- with tons of players like WoW. Instant hit, let me tell you. Game Developers should read this post. A game on 360 that is an online MMORPG = sells millions.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I never played Fable. However, when listening to the CAGCast, I heard Cheapy say that there was Co-Op (not mentioned if over Live or not). However, this does peak interest. Ah, if only this game carried like REAL online instead of just Co-Op -- with tons of players like WoW. Instant hit, let me tell you. Game Developers should read this post. A game on 360 that is an online MMORPG = sells millions.[/quote]

Not an easy sell with WoW out.

true

and its not co-op like Baldurs Gate...this one is pure live where each person can do what they want and get equal points or exp.

I loved the first one. Like KOTOR, I sort of felt bad for being evil which IMO tells me the game is doing something right. I mean I still was evil as fuck but at least I sort of felt bad. I cannot freaking WAIT for this. Day 1 purchase for me without a doubt.

[quote name='Poor2More']Gears of War 2+Fable 2= a VERY Good Year[/quote]

Yes, that game is coming this year as well...

Actually its...

Fable2
+
GoW 2
+
HaloWars
= great year ;)

PS: Is Vegas 2 coming this year?

I really enjoyed the first Fable. Yes, it was easy, but enjoyable.

Really hoping they can make Live Coop work.

[quote name='BernardB89']Yes, that game is coming this year as well...

Actually its...

Fable2
+
GoW 2
+
HaloWars
= great year ;)

PS: Is Vegas 2 coming this year?[/quote]

Yes.. like in 2 weeks.

Dude that is insane!

And Geras was good, only it is short....hope this time around it wont be.

But this is Fable discussion so....Fable FTW! :D

Actually its...

Fable2
+
GoW 2
+
HaloWars
+
Too Human
= great year ;)

[/QUOTE]

Fixed. The exclusive 360 lineup this year is sick already. And that's just the announced stuff.

I am pretty excited for Fable 2, however I have a feeling it will come out right at the end of the year, or even get pushed to 09, so I am trying not to get too excited for it. Although if it came out by summer it would be swell.

Fable is the only game I kept for my original xbox along with Marvel vs Capcom 2, so this is going to be a must buy for me.

Never had an xbox but im getting a 360 soon. I heard about fable 2 and now i cant wait.
Im looking forward to the co-op. I think its over live because in the demo on the screen bofore the guy enters it shows his username,gamer score and reputation. Even if the co-op isnt over live this game is still a must buy for me.

Im really pysched about this game, i regret never beating one. I got maybe 5 -10 hours in, then sort of stopped playing, and I never got back to it before my xbox and games got burgled. Oh well, ces la vie.

I'll make sure to finish Fable 2. I really liked how you could be good or bad and really loved the world you lived in. Everybody was always talking to you and stuff. I think I got married in the old one and just bought a house.

Anyway, would you call Fable an RPG?

I would call Fable and RPG, its an action RPG. Really cant wait for this to come out, whole reason I got my 360, simple loved the first one. With it having co op now the old lady wont bitch at me since she can play as well. Though I am still waiting to see if any collectors edtion will come out for this one. I will be kinda pissed if there isnt one.

Actually its...

Fable2
+
GoW 2
+
Halo Wars
+
Too Human
+
Left 4 Dead
= great year ;)

[/quote]

Double fixed

This game is looking amazing. Peter M. is a very ambitious man and even though alot of his ideas havent made it in to his previous games, he is definitely a visionary and the industry needs more people like him.

[quote name='paintball745']and just a heads up the first fable is free if you use the gco at buy .com i belive. but yeah this game looks awsome and i cant wait.[/quote]

dude!
Wow...too bad I already have the game

That was great in the GDC video where the wife shot her husband because he was too bitchy. That comedic value alone would be worth buying the game for. I wonder if you can kill the kid as well.

[quote name='Bezerker']That was great in the GDC video where the wife shot her husband because he was too bitchy. That comedic value alone would be worth buying the game for. I wonder if you can kill the kid as well.[/quote]

Watch it again, Peter ( the guy with the female toon ) did not shoot his chars wife. His co worker did. I dont think you will be able to kill your kids or any kids. It was an idea he had for the first one but took it out to save himself from getting any shit from people about killing children. Short answer, no killing kids.

Can't wait for this game! Coop is going to be sweet. I just hope it isn't one sided, where the Host is having all the fun and developing a story while the guest is just watching...

Cause I am going to play with my GF, and I hope we can play through the entire game together.

I'll be getting this on launch day, even if it's mediocre. I want Molineaux to have as much opportunity as possible, because once the technology catches up to his ambition, I'm confident he'll knock the gaming community on its collective ass.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Can't wait for this game! Coop is going to be sweet. I just hope it isn't one sided, where the Host is having all the fun and developing a story while the guest is just watching...

Cause I am going to play with my GF, and I hope we can play through the entire game together.[/quote]

No...in the vid, it says that the experience the co-op person gets from this will be added to his very own profile, and that goes for money and anything else

And the size of the world...its big

Just to dig this up,
Does anyone know what's up with the limited edition version?
I saw it in the pre order book at Gamestop.

I totally agree the game is going to be worth $60, but is the limited edition one going to be worth the extra $10.

I do have LE Gears of War and Mass Effect and Assassins Creed so I'll probably just go for it.

[quote name='iRandom']Yes, that game is coming this year as well...

Actually its...

Fable2
+
GoW 2
+
HaloWars
= great year ;)

PS: Is Vegas 2 coming this year?[/quote]

call of duty 4 ruined the halo franchise for me :(

from gaf

Thought it would be best to keep everything in the same topic, so here we go:

So the embargo is finally up. Last week a bunch of journalist saw the game at Lionhead in Guildford.

The build we saw was from the 7th of may. The game is content complete and about 5000 bugs from completion.

We were shown the magic system, a major plot point when you are a kid, some adult parts and I got hands on with the co-op part (local only, so far. Online announcement could come soon).

New stuff:

Mini map is dead. Peter hates it. So he made a "bread crump trail". Which is a golden line on the ground that will tell you which direction to go. It works kinda like a GPS system, so it will change if you go another direction, and will guide you in the right direction.

Magic system: You can either do a focused on one person attack, or a ranged attack. You can build up your attack in five levels. These five levels can be combined, so you can have level 1 be a fire spell, and then it builds up and adds level 2, which can be a slow spell, and so on.

There will be 8 different spells in the game.

You can buy every single house in the game. Each house will unlock something new. Either a sidequest, item or a skill

The game is 20-30 times larger then Fable 1.

The weather is completely dynamic, and will change as time progress. There will be different seasons.

Cutscenes are somewhat interactive. You can use the d-pad to do different gestures, and they can change the outcome of conversations. It's not on the scale of Mass Effect, but it can be done so you have some interactivity with the game world.

Peter wanted a sex minigame in there, but they had to drop it, due to the nature of the content. Now the screen just goes black, and your hear some moaning. And yes, you can have unprotected sex.

The female character also came close to being cut. But the female designers on the game wanted her in, so they made it happen.

There is three more Fable games planned. Lionhead is currently working on Fable 2 and a new project. The Black & White studio is no more.

I also had a talk with him, about videogames and that stuff. And he thinks that GTA4 is the absolute benchmark of how you can do story in videogames. And with Fable 2 he wants to make people attached to their character, and especially the dog.

He talked about how he was flirting with a girl, and her husband came by. And the husband became so pissed, he began kicking your dog. And Peter actually felt bad for flirting with the girl. He wants gamers to feel like he did.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to answer as much as I can.
000023_org.jpg

000024_org.jpg

000025_org.jpg
000026_org.jpg

000028_org.jpg

000029_org.jpg

000030_org.jpg

Has anyone preordered this game and received the codes for the XBLA games yet? They have to give you the codes sometime in advance of the game's release, after all...

i think i can speak for most of us when i say, i hope this game isn't a let down. It is highly anticipated which usually leads to a let down. i am going to keep my expectations low so i am happy no matter what.

[quote name='Frostbittenwolf']i think i can speak for most of us when i say, i hope this game isn't a let down. It is highly anticipated which usually leads to a let down. i am going to keep my expectations low so i am happy no matter what.[/quote]
This is why i've personally stayed away from the hype. I'm very excited for the offline co-op but that's about all i've read :D

Was thinking of pre ordering this game but i am not sure if i want the collectors edition. It says it comes with the xbla pub games code for free download. Is this a seperate game, or does it worth within the real game?

pub games will 1st be a seperate arcade game that u can use to get money for use in the actual game and when the full game launches the pub games will be in it as well
also u can get it free with the regular edition too

[quote name='Nelo Ice']pub games will 1st be a seperate arcade game that u can use to get money for use in the actual game and when the full game launches the pub games will be in it as well
also u can get it free with the regular edition too[/quote]

Oh, my bad...you are right. It comes in special edition and regular edition. Thats good cos i dont want to pay 20 more dollars.

[quote name='eastx']Has anyone preordered this game and received the codes for the XBLA games yet? They have to give you the codes sometime in advance of the game's release, after all...[/quote]

The codes should be available by August 12.

Fable 2 LE details
http://community.lionhead.com/blogs/fable_2_development/archive/2008/08/07/2999121.aspx

the Limited Collector’s Edition will retail for an estimated price of $79.99.
  • Bonus DVD – Includes new ‘Making-of Feature’ with Peter Molyneux and the team at Lionhead Studios and concept art viewer
  • Bonus In-Game Content (Requires LIVE account) – Includes “The Hall of the Dead” Dungeon, “The Wreckager” Legendary Cutlass Weapon and Otherworldly Bonus
  • Collectible Hobbe figure with accessories – From the Qee Collection comes this one-of-a-kind Hobbe figure. Nasty, brutish, and short, he roams the countryside, preying on travelers and spiriting away the children of the unwary.
  • 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold Trial Card – With Xbox LIVE Gold, players can show off their individual hero by inviting friends into their unique version of Albion or they can visit their friends’ Albion, and earn additional gold, experience and renown to take back into their own.
  • Five printed Fate Cards – These five beautiful cards foretell the Hero’s great destiny to journey across all of Albion, encountering deadly enemies and enigmatic allies. The path leads to a choice that will change the world forever.
640x461.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back