iPod Touch/iPhone Jailbreaking

Hey guys, I got an iPod Touch awhile ago and just recently found out about Jailbreaking.

What Jailbreaking is: Basically modifying your iPod Touch or iPhone to be able to do a lot of amazing things, such as play games, customize the background, even control your computer! Did I mention it's free?

There's a lot of amazing stuff you can do with it, here have a look at some pictures of my iPod Touch home screen.

snap_221228.jpg
snap_221233.jpg
snap_221237.jpg

And trust me, that's just a taste of the apps on there.

If any of you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone and don't have it Jailbroken, you're missing out. The potential of it is amazing.

If you guys are interested I'll be willing to help you out.

There's a guy on youtube by the name of iPodTouchMaster who has posted a bunch of tutorial videos. That should give you a good head start.

Enjoy.

Nice, I didn't know they got Summerboard working, it's been a few weeks since I checked. I'm going to get that on mine right now. What sources do you use for installer? I don't think I've ever seen Bejeweled in any of the ones I have, but same think like Summerboard, I haven't checked anything in a few weeks.

[quote name='Immortal fWd']Nice, I didn't know they got Summerboard working, it's been a few weeks since I checked. I'm going to get that on mine right now. What sources do you use for installer? I don't think I've ever seen Bejeweled in any of the ones I have, but same think like Summerboard, I haven't checked anything in a few weeks.[/quote]

Yep, they did get SummerBoard working, along with Customize. Bejeweled is actually iZoo from the iPod Touch Fans repo, I just put a new icon on it, used the bejeweled theme, and renamed it.

Pain in the ass. I have to upgrade my touch to 1.1.2 JB to get the 1.1.3 JB :cry:

There any easy way to upgrade to 1.1.3 JB w/o having to upgrade to 1.1.2 JB?

[quote name='sasukekun']Pain in the ass. I have to upgrade my touch to 1.1.2 JB to get the 1.1.3 JB :cry:

There any easy way to upgrade to 1.1.3 JB w/o having to upgrade to 1.1.2 JB?[/quote]

if you have an 8 gb touch look into ZiPhone 2.1 that just came out.

For everyone else looking for answers to your touch/phone questions, look at http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/

Got 1.1.3 JB, took about 2 hours or so doing it from the ipodtouchmaster youtube vids.

[quote name='tivo']if you have an 8 gb touch look into ZiPhone 2.1 that just came out.

For everyone else looking for answers to your touch/phone questions, look at http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/[/QUOTE]

That doesnt work with touches afaik.

[quote name='sasukekun']Pain in the ass. I have to upgrade my touch to 1.1.2 JB to get the 1.1.3 JB :cry:

There any easy way to upgrade to 1.1.3 JB w/o having to upgrade to 1.1.2 JB?[/quote]

iJailbreakmobile will work with 1.1.1, it's based off of the NateTrue method though.

[quote name='VipFREAK']:p

snap015914pc2.png
[/quote]

Very nice, I'm working on getting the Vista Maximus theme on mine, I'll post screenshots when I'm done.

[quote name='sasukekun']Got 1.1.3 JB, took about 2 hours or so doing it from the ipodtouchmaster youtube vids.

That doesnt work with touches afaik.[/quote]

Congrats, yeah 1.1.3 takes a few steps to jailbreak. I actually had to write an entire walkthrough for myself to follow so I didn't miss a step. Did you end up upgrading to 1.1.2? I used the dev team method with GUI from the installer.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Congrats, yeah 1.1.3 takes a few steps to jailbreak. I actually had to write an entire walkthrough for myself to follow so I didn't miss a step. Did you end up upgrading to 1.1.2? I used the dev team method with GUI from the installer.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I had to downgrade to 1.1.1 > JB 1.1.1 > Update to 1.1.2 > JB 1.1.2 using a Java GUI, then use installer to auto-update to 1.1.3 JB

Takes about 2 hours to do, but it's pretty easy and straight forward to do.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I'm going to have to check this out -- but I'm guessing it voids the warranty, right?[/quote]

Yes. Also, your signature is about 6 times larger than your actually post. C'mon, I know you want referrals, but seriously.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I'm going to have to check this out -- but I'm guessing it voids the warranty, right?[/QUOTE]

Technically yes, but you can restore it to the original Apple Firmware very easily.

Yeah, just reflash your firmware to its Apple virgin state if you need to bring it in to an employee and you should be hunky-dory. Unless you messed up the baseband, then :applause:

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I'm going to have to check this out -- but I'm guessing it voids the warranty, right?[/quote]

Technically yes, but with a nice restore it is pretty much impossible to see that anything has been done.

Ok, so i have a jb 16 gig 1.1.2 touch. How do yall recommend that i update it to a 1.1.3 jb?

[quote name='tivo']Ok, so i have a jb 16 gig 1.1.2 touch. How do yall recommend that i update it to a 1.1.3 jb?[/QUOTE]

I just updated mine, I love the mail/maps feature.

[quote name='sasukekun']I just updated mine, I love the mail/maps feature.[/quote]

hey sasukekun, what is the name of the updater in the installer to go from 1.1.2 jb to 1.1.3 jb? i cant find it.....

P.S. 1.1.4 was released today but it sounds like nothing really changed.

I used the one in this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7PsJXI0fg

It's pretty straight forward.

Quick Summary:
Need to have a 1.1.2 JB Touch
Install BSD Subsystem, Open SSH, and Services from Installer.app
Add "http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml" to your sources
Use the 1.1.3 JB installler
Wait about an hour (Watch the video for more info - It has to download a 160mb file from Apple)
Done

[quote name='sasukekun']I used the one in this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7PsJXI0fg

It's pretty straight forward.

Quick Summary:
Need to have a 1.1.2 JB Touch
Install BSD Subsystem, Open SSH, and Services from Installer.app
Add "http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml" to your sources
Use the 1.1.3 JB installler
Wait about an hour (Watch the video for more info - It has to download a 160mb file from Apple)
Done[/quote]

ill try it out later tonight, thank you

I did it the way that video said, and now none of my music is showing up, and I can't find out how to fix it, so I have to restore it to 1.1.4............... great

[quote name='anomynous']I did it the way that video said, and now none of my music is showing up, and I can't find out how to fic it..............[/QUOTE]

Re-sync it.

[quote name='sasukekun']Re-sync it.[/QUOTE]

Not working, and too late now. I know some way to jailbreak 1.1.4 will come along soon anyway.........

And now I have my 1.1.4 ipod hooked up to my computer, and 100 mb is taken up from apps from jailbreak, and I can't remove them. Any ideas?

I'm so confused...
I got to the jailbreak me site on my ipod touch, then click Install AppSnap or whatever.
After 1 second it loads and there is a tiny blue square with a question mark in the corner...
WTF?

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'm so confused...
I got to the jailbreak me site on my ipod touch, then click Install AppSnap or whatever.
After 1 second it loads and there is a tiny blue square with a question mark in the corner...
WTF?[/QUOTE]

Jailbreakme.com only works with 1.1.1 Firmware. Sounds like you were trying to do it with 1.1.2+

[quote name='tivo']Ok, so i have a jb 16 gig 1.1.2 touch. How do yall recommend that i update it to a 1.1.3 jb?[/quote]

[quote name='tivo']hey sasukekun, what is the name of the updater in the installer to go from 1.1.2 jb to 1.1.3 jb? i cant find it.....

P.S. 1.1.4 was released today but it sounds like nothing really changed.[/quote]

I used the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader.

[quote name='zewone']What app controls your computer and what does it control?

I'd

I restored it twice, it erased everything except the apps on my ipod. So there's 100 mb of space taken up, and I cant delete it. Resyncing didn't work either, and my music was still taking up space, but I couldn't access it at all.

[quote name='anomynous']I restored it twice, it erased everything except the apps on my ipod. So there's 100 mb of space taken up, and I cant delete it. Resyncing didn't work either, and my music was still taking up space, but I couldn't access it at all.[/quote]

yeah, i heard the 1.1.4 has a bunch of space for a new sdk thats coming out.

Wicked, you used the 1.1.3 Official Upgrade in the Installer.app? Because I was messing around with mine today and it died when I was trying to select a song. Maybe I did something wrong, but I wanna try it a different way before I switch back to 1.1.1 JB

dang, now my sources are wacky. Every time I go into the installer and try to dl something it says it can't find the host. I've reset my touch twice and then refreshed the sources but nothing changes. (Safari still works.)

[quote name='tivo']dang, now my sources are wacky. Every time I go into the installer and try to dl something it says it can't find the host. I've reset my touch twice and then refreshed the sources but nothing changes. (Safari still works.)[/QUOTE]

Getting the same problem now, hangs at Refreshing sources.

//edit//
I think their site is down now, must be updating or something.

//edit 2//
yep, their sources are down, which is why it's hanging.
http://blog.psmxy.org/

[quote name='sasukekun']Wicked, you used the 1.1.3 Official Upgrade in the Installer.app? Because I was messing around with mine today and it died when I was trying to select a song. Maybe I did something wrong, but I wanna try it a different way before I switch back to 1.1.1 JB[/quote]

Yeah, I used it.

[quote name='tivo']dang, now my sources are wacky. Every time I go into the installer and try to dl something it says it can't find the host. I've reset my touch twice and then refreshed the sources but nothing changes. (Safari still works.)[/quote]

Yep, looks like somethings going on will Nullriver.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Yeah, I used it.[/QUOTE]
Weird, when I tried to update to 1.1.3, I had 1.1.3, but I didnt have the 5 Apps.

//edit//
Used the Official 1.1.3 upgrade from Installer.app and got the 5 apps using the ipodtouchmaster.com source

Hopefully lasts more then a few days this time before it decides to go back into recovery mode.

[quote name='sasukekun']Weird, when I tried to update to 1.1.3, I had 1.1.3, but I didnt have the 5 Apps.

//edit//
Used the Official 1.1.3 upgrade from Installer.app and got the 5 apps using the ipodtouchmaster.com source

Hopefully lasts more then a few days this time before it decides to go back into recovery mode.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I did, hope it works for you.

Note to everyone on 1.1.3: DO NOT download the Guitar Hero TTR mod off the installer from the source limitededitioniphone, it has caused a numerous amount of iPods (including mine) to go into recovery mode and the only way out is a restore. It does however work if you manually SSH the mod in.

Ok, my iPOD Touch has a serious, SERIOUS problem.
I downloaded some fix through the install app (it was in the same section as the January Software Upgrade) and after downloading every 4 seconds or so I get a "Edit Home Screen" notification. I click dismiss and TRY to do something else and it won't work.
I tried on 2 other Windows computers to try and connect it to iTunes but it DID NOT READ IT. My Ipod Speakers read it but they can't restore my ipod so its pointless.

I'm assuming restoring via Itunes is the only way to fix it, which is fine.
Anybody know how?

bread's done
Back