- - - - -

How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

#391 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

43 hours to finish Mass Effect 2? I took my time and got all the side quests in 32 hours.

#392 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:27 AM

Dante's Inferno for PS3 took me about 8:30 on normal, 9:15 when doing all the unlockable stuff like the Gates of Hell challenge.

Heavy Rain was about 8 or so hours on the hardest difficulty for one playthrough.. just an estimate, since the game doesn't record the time it seems.

I can confirm both of these. My HR play through took me 8 hours and 36 minutes on normal. Heavy Rain does give a playtime, I think it shows up if you hover over the save file. It took me about 5 more hours to go back in and get the platinum but mostly because I kept failing the Kamikaze trophy.

#393 kingkiller33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

kingkiller33

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

54 hours to beat Mass Effect 2. Geez you guys must just rush through the game.

#394 life.exe   We're done here. CAGiversary!   2535 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:35 AM

:360: Fallout 3 - 48 Hours (1550/1550)

#395 Clark.Griswold   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Clark.Griswold

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

I passed Mass Effect 2 in about 35 hours. Eventually started getting bored with it so I didn't do all the side missions or even loyalty ones (missed 2 I believe).
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity... -Einstein

#396 theytookourjobz   We Gotta Go Back CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

theytookourjobz

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

:360: Fallout 3 - 48 Hours (1550/1550)

Wow. That is impressive. I spent way more time then that and haven't even touched the DLC yet.

#397 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

Guys, Halo 3: ODST does not take seven hours to complete. I did it in about four hours.

A lot of the times to just beat a game seem too high. MW2 only took me 4 hours on normal and I'm about to finish Mass Effect at 12 hours (and that's actually including about a dozen sidequests).

These are just estimates though, just to give you an idea.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#398 archie4208   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

archie4208

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey:

Personally took 50 hours to beat the game, but I did about half the side quests and got about half the total demons. If you rushed through the game you could probably finish it in about 30 hours and I estimate it would take about 80 to 90 hours to complete everything in the game (get every demon, finish every sidequest and get all the "achievements")

#399 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10948 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

:gba: Onimusha Tactics: ~18 hours

#400 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1855 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

A lot of the times to just beat a game seem too high. MW2 only took me 4 hours on normal and I'm about to finish Mass Effect at 12 hours (and that's actually including about a dozen sidequests).

These are just estimates though, just to give you an idea.

Not to hurt anybodys feeling but...

Some gamers are more casual and lack enough skill to beat side quest/missions quickly without rushing through it.

Or in other words... they lack the skillz to pay the billz.

(I'm no gaming god either, took me 8 hours+ probably to beat MW2 on Vet., never beat the first on Vet.)

Posted Image

#401 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

If some times seem high and I get another time that is much lower, I will average the two or lower the original time, so the more people that contribute, the more accurate the times.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#402 ViolentLee   Still Man Fights CAGiversary!   3655 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

Took me 10.5 hours to beat God of War 3.

I just want to address something: Taking your time beating a game does not mean you suck (or "lack skillz" as someone said). I'm a damn good gamer, but I like to explore every nook and cranny when I play. I may not discover everything, but I'm very deliberate. It's how I choose to play. It doesn't make me worse of a gamer than someone who beats a game quicker.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#403 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:00 AM

Not to hurt anybodys feeling but...

Some gamers are more casual and lack enough skill to beat side quest/missions quickly without rushing through it.

Or in other words... they lack the skillz to pay the billz.

(I'm no gaming god either, took me 8 hours+ probably to beat MW2 on Vet., never beat the first on Vet.)

Well, I didn't mean it like that... I'm not talking about skills but some people take their time to beat the game even if they're not doing the extras. So it might be a bit longer for those who just want a straight forward time.

If some times seem high and I get another time that is much lower, I will average the two or lower the original time, so the more people that contribute, the more accurate the times.

Good to know, that will provide more accurate times.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#404 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39516 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

Platinum on Darksiders took me 24 hours (starting on the hardest difficulty). Probably a little bit longer than average, but not by much. (I did some grinding to level up my weapons about halfway though, instead of at the end of the game after they had naturally leveled up).

That's about what it took me. A lot of the extra time was spent grinding for the weapon level max achievement.

#405 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

Castlevania: Order of Ecceslia - 10 hours to get the good ending, according to the game clock. Playing around with boss patterns and such probably added a few extra hours of gameplay total as well.

#406 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:13 AM

Panzer Dragoon Saga (SAT) - 15 hours, mostly everything
Kirby's Adventure (NES) - 3 hours, not many extras
Indigo Prophecy (PC) - 9 hours, basic playthrough

#407 elessar123  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Infinite Space, first playthrough was ~58 hours in my saved game, probably 2 extra hours for losses, etc (was about 15 hours for Act 1, the rest for Act 2). Did every bar "side quest" I could find, recruited everyone I could in my playthrough, ended with over $1mil (grossly overestimated the cost of my end fleet, so could have shaved maybe a 1-2 hours off) and fleet of 1x Corsair and 4x Picaroons. Without grinding for my fleet, while reading everything, not doing the side quests, it'd probably be closer to 50 hours.

EX mode took about 9 hours, same fleet.

#408 berzirk   I'm not so serious CAGiversary!   2481 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

Took me 10.5 hours to beat God of War 3.

I just want to address something: Taking your time beating a game does not mean you suck (or "lack skillz" as someone said). I'm a damn good gamer, but I like to explore every nook and cranny when I play. I may not discover everything, but I'm very deliberate. It's how I choose to play. It doesn't make me worse of a gamer than someone who beats a game quicker.

That's exactly how I am. For most if not all of the games I've beat that are on this list, I finished it in about double the time. But I do like to enjoy the scenery, do side quests, take time to upgrade characters. I played with a friend of mine who was all about fast playing the hell out of Borderlands. I've known people that lower the difficulty of a game just so they can finish quicker. That's not me. I like to:

take my time. Relax and take it slowly. You're still young, that's your fault. There's so much you have to go through. Find a girl, settle down. If you want, you can marry...oh hell, look what you made me do.

/catstevensrant

#409 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3526 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

KillerRamen

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Anyone know approximately how long to pass Final Fantasy XIII? Looking for the time for a fairly straight through play time without too much side stuff.

It took me 43.5 Hours to beat Final Fantasy XIII. (I didn't do much grinding and I only did a couple of missions. I did fix Vanille's robot, but that didn't take long. Maybe 20-30 mins.)
Posted Image

#410 mprice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:21 PM

I finished the single player portion of Splinter Cell Conviction in 6 hours on the normal difficulty.

#411 elessar123  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

I finished the single player portion of Splinter Cell Conviction in 6 hours on the normal difficulty.

Ouch, took that long to make and the game's that short, huh. Guess I'll wait to buy this one.

#412 fatbeer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

Infinite Space, first playthrough was ~58 hours in my saved game, probably 2 extra hours for losses, etc (was about 15 hours for Act 1, the rest for Act 2). Did every bar "side quest" I could find, recruited everyone I could in my playthrough, ended with over $1mil (grossly overestimated the cost of my end fleet, so could have shaved maybe a 1-2 hours off) and fleet of 1x Corsair and 4x Picaroons. Without grinding for my fleet, while reading everything, not doing the side quests, it'd probably be closer to 50 hours.

EX mode took about 9 hours, same fleet.

I can defiantly vouch the time for Infinite Space for DS. I did most side quests as well and my act one and act two hours are around 10+ hours since they gave you a big opening world at the beginning of the game. I kept getting lost, so I used a guide to figure out where I have to go for main story mode. I didn't need the guide for battles. It's easy enough already. My clock is slight less, but you have to account for me using a guide. I did grind for money to get 2 corsairs. I thought last boss was going to be really hard. But that was highly unnecessary, considering last boss use really stupid tactics.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#413 elessar123  

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

I can defiantly vouch the time for Infinite Space for DS. I did most side quests as well and my act one and act two hours are around 10+ hours since they gave you a big opening world at the beginning of the game. I kept getting lost, so I used a guide to figure out where I have to go for main story mode. I didn't need the guide for battles. It's easy enough already. My clock is slight less, but you have to account for me using a guide. I did grind for money to get 2 corsairs. I thought last boss was going to be really hard. But that was highly unnecessary, considering last boss use really stupid tactics.

Yea, I didn't use a guide for any of it, but I'm curious what your time was =P

#414 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

Keep em coming everyone, list is up to date.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#415 fatbeer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2116 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

Yea, I didn't use a guide for any of it, but I'm curious what your time was =P

My time was about 50 hours when I got my first Corsair. I got my first Corsair pretty easily since I saved a lot of money during the course of game. I only upgraded my ship when I was experiencing some difficulties with battles, which rarely occurs. I kept using one of the earlier ships with lots of hanger space for majority of the game. I did some grinding and moving my ship back and forth for docking gold to get second Corsair with upgrade modules for my entire fleet at 53 hours. Some of modules prices are crazy. The high tier parts cost more than ship.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#416 Anjexu   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   34 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:54 AM

White Knight Chronicles - ~10-15 hours for just the SP, depends how thorough you are, whether or not you skip any cutscenes, etc. Skipping all cutscenes and playing on the NG+ only took like 2 hours, so there's a huge variable here. HOWEVER, for online play, you can easily hit 500+ hours trying to "max out" - really depends on the group of people you play with, and which quests you do online. I'd say the average gamer who has beaten WKC has spent ~90 hours on it from start to finish, so you can represent that however you'd like.

#417 litalai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time... Took me 14 hours 47 min to complete in hardest difficulty. I didn't collect all the gold bolts or zoni though.

#418 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3839 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

How long does Record of Agarest War take to beat?
Posted Image

#419 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3526 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

KillerRamen

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

:ps2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love - 24 hours (Gemini Sunrise Ending)
Posted Image

#420 elessar123  

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

:ps2: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love - 24 hours (Gemini Sunrise Ending)

It's that short? Maybe I will play it then. I'm used to 50-100+ hour SRPGs (minus Tenchi on SNES and Rhapsody) =P