Ultimate Ninja 3 preorder news

Gold_guardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Wierd but true, Namco-Bandai is experimenting with a unqiue way to give out preorder bonuses. Instead of getting them from the gamestore you get them from a website instead.

Considering that the preorder bonus is a kickass random figure from the Naruto series 4 set it's a pretty sweet deal. Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Haku, Itachi and Jiraiya which one will you obtain?

The only thing is it seems you have to have Preordered from EB games/ Gamestop so I might be out of luck having preordered from Amazon.ca :(

For more details on how to get your preorder bonus check out
http://www.hokagesroom.com/link.html?i=SrUaOC

Thanks for the heads up.

This game should be pretty awesome, at least they are not fucking with the characters like they usually do.

Don't mention it, I know how people love their preorder bonous stuff! Free extra's are always cool.

The good news is I just found out that it dosn't matter which store you preordered it now, you can still get the bonus item mailed to you anyhow!
Pretty sweet since Canadian's like me usually miss out on this sort of thing.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']The good news is I just found out that it dosn't matter which store you preordered it now, you can still get the bonus item mailed to you anyhow!
Pretty sweet since Canadian's like me usually miss out on this sort of thing.[/quote]
Didn't the link you provided explicitly state that the offer is good for preorders made through EB, GS and GC only?

Btw, what is this Mission 03 that you have to complete in order to qualify for the free gift?

[quote name='eau']Didn't the link you provided explicitly state that the offer is good for preorders made through EB, GS and GC only?

Btw, what is this Mission 03 that you have to complete in order to qualify for the free gift?[/quote]

The Hokage updated his blog explaining how they had made it easier to submit your preorder. I guess you have to sign up for the site to submit it.

Mission 03: NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja 3 Pre-Orders

3000 Ryo - 25 Days Left

Hokage's Room is the only place to receive a rare and special gift from NAMCO BANDAI Games for pre-ordering NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja 3!

If you pre-order and send in proof of your pre-order by completing this Mission, Hokage's Room will send you a rare 4th series Naruto Figurine as a bonus (as seen in our blog)!

The requirements of proving your pre-order depend on how you pre-ordered. You must complete only ONE of the following three options.

In-Store Gamestop/EBGames orders:

Simply enter five values on your pre-order receipt exactly as they appear to confirm your pre-order purchase. Check out this graphic to get a visual of where the values are.

(1) Date of preorder
(2) Cashier's ID and name
(3) Item #
(4) Customer #
(5) Customer Name

We will confirm this data, and if correct, will award you the ryo and put you on the list to receive the pre-order gift if all is well.

Online Gamestop/EBGames orders:

Simply enter three values on your pre-order online receipt exactly as they appear on your order status.

(1) Order #
(2) Email address used to order
(3) Two-character state abbervation the item is being delivered to

We will confirm this data, and if correct, will award you the ryo and put you on the list to receive the pre-order gift if all is well.

Non Gamestop/EBGames orders:

Non Gamestop/EBGames preorders MUST be confirmed by a visual. Just send in a photo of your receipt or a screenshot of your order. When we confirm the visual, we will award you the ryo and put you on the list to receive the pre-order gift if all is well. If you ordered from Gamestop/EBGames, you can submit your information visually if you think it's easier.

When we've approved your submission, you'll be guaranteed to get your figure this April. You will not get the gift through your game retailer. You will get a package from Hokage's Room with your figure. Make sure your Hokage's Room account has the correct info!

Another neat exclusive for members who pre-order and participate in Mission 03: NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja 3 is that we are giving away 25,000 ryo to one random member who pre-ordered every Friday until release! Good luck! Winners will be posted on the main blog.

* Quantity Limited. Offer good for a limited time and only while supplies last. Offer valid on retail pre-order purchases made through Gamestop, EBGames, and Game Crazy only. Sony Computer Entertainment America takes no responsibility for this offer. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Availability and terms of offer may change without notice. Click http://www.hokagesroom.com/challenge.html?challenge_id=345 to submit your entery

[quote name='eau']Didn't the link you provided explicitly state that the offer is good for preorders made through EB, GS and GC only?

Btw, what is this Mission 03 that you have to complete in order to qualify for the free gift?[/quote]

The Hokage updated on how he had made it easier to preorder and qualifiy for the mission.

To see the mission check http://www.hokagesroom.com/challenges.html

The Hokage updated on changes he had made to the mission in a seprate blog post.

To see the mission details check http://www.hokagesroom.com/challenges.html and scroll down the page.

I bet Hokage's Room made you post this. ;)

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in this because I like the Ultimate Ninja games, but don't know about preordering yet (already several games I want). I just want Naruto on PS3 now (I might enter my name in the drawing or whatever to name the game).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I bet Hokage's Room made you post this. ;)

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in this because I like the Ultimate Ninja games, but don't know about preordering yet (already several games I want). I just want Naruto on PS3 now (I might enter my name in the drawing or whatever to name the game).[/quote]

Ah come on Hokage's room didn't "make" me do anything. Not that their aren't ...benefits to spreading the word but I do it out of my own free will (and all the free goodies)

So if you do preorder it,which figure are you hoping to get? I'd like a Kakashi or a Jiraiya myself. But I'll probally end up stuck with Sasuke or Haku :bomb:

As for Naruto on ps3, well I wouldn't count on seeing THAT anytime soon. It's got to come out in Japan first and then we have to wait another half year at least for them to translate it!

Plus their's still 2 ps2 Naruto games they'll want to bring over first to maximize their profits to boot.

You might as well enter the naming contest but you better be quick becuse it ends soon. It's not a draw by the way, you just submit the name you'd like it to have as part of a survay and they might pick the one they like most.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Ah come on Hokage's room didn't "make" me do anything. Not that their aren't ...benefits to spreading the word but I do it out of my own free will (and all the free goodies)

So if you do preorder it,which figure are you hoping to get? I'd like a Kakashi or a Jiraiya myself. But I'll probally end up stuck with Sasuke or Haku :bomb:

As for Naruto on ps3, well I wouldn't count on seeing THAT anytime soon. It's got to come out in Japan first and then we have to wait another half year at least for them to translate it!

Plus their's still 2 ps2 Naruto games they'll want to bring over first to maximize their profits to boot.

You might as well enter the naming contest but you better be quick becuse it ends soon. It's not a draw by the way, you just submit the name you'd like it to have as part of a survay and they might pick the one they like most.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I know there are more PS2 Naruto games. I didn't know the naming contests ending soon, so I'm going to check (just hope I remember my password there).

I'd definitely pick up a PS3 just for an Ultimate Ninja game (well that and MGS) they are good on the PS2 but sometimes the graphics can get in the way a little. At least I'd like some widescreen support.

[quote name='zewone']3 is the last one, then it goes to Shippuuden Accel.

I'm loving Accel 2. :drool:[/quote]

It makes me wonder if we'll get Accel 1 and 2 in North america or if they'll skip straight to the pre time skip looking Ps3 game that they are taking suggestions on for the name.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']So what did you end up decided to use for the naming contest?

Mine was Ultimate Ninja Rhapsody[/QUOTE]Doesn't surprise me you used Rhapsody. ;)

I'm going to use Ultimate Ninja, but can't think of a word I like. I may not enter due to not thinking of anything, but I'll buy the game regardless of name. :)

[quote name='yukine']All together? About eight games... but that's counting the PSP versions, the two Japanese exclusives, and the PS3 game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto:_Ultimate_Ninja_%28series%29[/quote]

Thanks. I just have problems picking up a fighter, only to have a better sequel come up a year or so later.

I was able to wait long enough, and got GNT4 for GC a long time ago.

[quote name='zewone']3 is the last one, then it goes to Shippuuden Accel.

I'm loving Accel 2. :drool:[/quote]

After looking over that roster (and stages), that's definitely the version I want to be playing.

[quote name='Rig']Thanks. I just have problems picking up a fighter, only to have a better sequel come up a year or so later.

I was able to wait long enough, and got GNT4 for GC a long time ago.

After looking over that roster (and stages), that's definitely the version I want to be playing.[/quote]

Well i guess if we're lucky we'll see Accel 2 about a year or so from now. The soonest Accel 1 can come is around September to November after all since they need about at least 6 months between games, otherwise people really start feeling ripped off.

Sorry Mana you're too late to enter the naming then now since they've already closed the survay and handed out badges to the particapants.

CAG alert

I have heard disturbing reports from friends of mine down in the states and from message boards about people going to preorder the game and putting down $49.99 on it.

Why is this disturbing? Because the game’s MSRP is only $39.99 which means if you paid more then that you are being ripped off. Canadian’s need to be especially aware as some online places are selling for $44.99 which is BS considering the current strength of our dollar.

EB games/Gamestop might be one of the prime culprits as the ones around here still have the last couple Naruto games (Ultimate Ninja 2 and Uzumaki chronicles 2) listed for $49.99 and haven’t adjusted them for the exchange rate.

So fellow cheap ass gamers stay sharp and don’t let them take extra hard earned money out of your pockets if you can help it. Remember knowing is half the battle.

Woot less then 10 days to go until the game comes out and I managed to talk my parents into buying it for me for easter!

Now I can afford even more of the games I wanted that are coming out in the near future xd

[quote name='yukine']Anyone know if this is 16:9? It's hard to play 4:3 PS2 games on my television, it looks like utter crap.[/quote]

I'm afraid not. My friend has an import version of the japanse game and it's just the standard 4:3 like most ps2 games. :bomb:

Only 7 more days :D

[quote name='62t']are they going to ask for our shipping address?[/quote]
Isn't your shipping address already in your account profile there?

[quote name='eau']Isn't your shipping address already in your account profile there?[/QUOTE]

no, they only asked for city, state, and zip code

[quote name='62t']are they going to ask for our shipping address?[/quote]

Make sure you list your shipping address in your profile at hokage's room in full otherwise they can't ship your prizes to you.

Your private info is fully private and they don't share it with anybody. I can vouch that they are legit as I have recived several prizes from them since it opened last year.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Make sure you list your shipping address in your profile at hokage's room in full otherwise they can't ship your prizes to you.

Your private info is fully private and they don't share it with anybody. I can vouch that they are legit as I have recived several prizes from them since it opened last year.[/QUOTE]

ah thanks

Has anyone here been able to pick up their copies yet?

I won't get mine until tommorow but they better damn well have it considering I preordered.

If they give me an BS excuse like "it's not supposted to be out till next week" like they did last time at Eb games I'm never going to shop at that location again.

I finally got my hands on this game yesterday and was playing my heart out on it.

I managed to beat both the ultimate road and ultimate challange modes for the most part unlocking all 42 characters for use. Now I just need to unlock all the ultimate and custom jutsu's that you can learn.

I've got to say some parts of the game are better then others.

A few of the minigames like the gambling ones are fun but the other ones like the tree climbing thing are pure garbage left overs from past ultimate ninja games and they need to dye in a fire.

I'm not sure what purpose Shuriken mode servies but so far it seems pretty useless and Summoning mode blows since it's either too strong or it leaves you near helpless, plus it lasts way to long considering the game blantently tells you one tactic against them is to simply outlast them.

But I've got to say that the main meat of the game, the actual fighting was pure bliss. Having your ultimate jutsu only last 1 cutseen instead of four makes the fights both quicker and more intence.

The balance in story mode is also a bit more fair so far for the most part as thought I had to redo a couple battles for the most part none of them where too frustrating unlike the problem I had with ultimate ninja 2 where the clear requirements for a few non optional battles where INSANE.

I still don't like how the ai is given some cheap constant power ups like a speed boost, attack boost or defence boost in some battles. It's just makes those fights really cheap and annoying.

Having to "date" the characters a couple of times to unlock things is fun, It would be nice if they made that mode a bit deeper for Ultimate Ninja Accel. A full blown Dating sim sidemode could be hillarious if done right.

All in all I'd give the game a solid 7/10 for now. It's just too bad their isn't more meat to the game as I've cleared most of it in just a day and getting people together to play multiplayer isn't so easy as an adult at times :(

After some considerable time playing Ultimate ninja 3 on the weekend and such today I stumbled upon something truely extrodanary, a hidden secret that's only in the north american release of the game. A way to unlock Timeskip Naruto as a playable character!!!

I was playing ultimate challange mode last night trying to find Sasuke so I could date him and unlock his ultimate jutsu. I went to switch map locations and noticed that the village memorial was selectable.

Choseing to go to the memorial to see what was their I was shocked to see the ghost of the 3rd Hokage floating infront of the stone waiting for me. He smiled at the screen then said "Thank you for playing Ultimate ninja 3. Here is but a small taste of things to come" then vanished in a puff of smoke.

Once he was gone I aquired a new item called the Will of fire, having this unlocks a new ultimate jutsu that Naruto can equip called Accel Naruto. As long as you have Accel Naruto selected as your ultimate jutsu then when you play as Naruto he'll be wearing his Time skip costume.

When you activate his ultimate jutsu in battle Naruto jumps into the air and does this cool pose like when he first showed up after the time skip with his arms spread open wide. He then declares "I WILL be the next Hokage" forms a rasengan and slams it down into his foe.

Other then that he's the same as normal naruto expect for being taller. I guess that this is a good sign that we WILL be getting Ultimate Ninja Accel here in north america, and prehaps sooner then we expected.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']After some considerable time playing Ultimate ninja 3 on the weekend and such today I stumbled upon something truely extrodanary, a hidden secret that's only in the north american release of the game. A way to unlock Timeskip Naruto as a playable character!!!

I was playing ultimate challange mode last night trying to find Sasuke so I could date him and unlock his ultimate jutsu. I went to switch map locations and noticed that the village memorial was selectable.

Choseing to go to the memorial to see what was their I was shocked to see the ghost of the 3rd Hokage floating infront of the stone waiting for me. He smiled at the screen then said "Thank you for playing Ultimate ninja 3. Here is but a small taste of things to come" then vanished in a puff of smoke.

Once he was gone I aquired a new item called the Will of fire, having this unlocks a new ultimate jutsu that Naruto can equip called Accel Naruto. As long as you have Accel Naruto selected as your ultimate jutsu then when you play as Naruto he'll be wearing his Time skip costume.

When you activate his ultimate jutsu in battle Naruto jumps into the air and does this cool pose like when he first showed up after the time skip with his arms spread open wide. He then declares "I WILL be the next Hokage" forms a rasengan and slams it down into his foe.

Other then that he's the same as normal naruto expect for being taller. I guess that this is a good sign that we WILL be getting Ultimate Ninja Accel here in north america, and prehaps sooner then we expected.[/QUOTE]

What idiot is going to beleive that?

[quote name='Mugen']What idiot is going to beleive that?[/quote]

I tricked quite a few naruto fans so I guess that answers your question!

I belive the preorder bonus have shipped, they do it by super cheap snail mail however so it takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks for it to arrive at your doorstep. I'll be posting with pictures and stuff once it arrives on mine.

[quote name='Mugen']What idiot is going to beleive that?[/quote]

I tricked quite a few naruto fans so I guess that answers your question!

I belive the preorder bonus have shipped, they do it by super cheap snail mail however so it takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks for it to arrive at your doorstep. I'll be posting with pictures and stuff once it arrives on mine.

bread's done
Back