Metal Saga & Steambot Chronicles: $14.99 NEW@ Gamestop B&M

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know there's a thread about Atlus price drops but those were only the used copies. Today, I found NEW and SEALED copies of both Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles for $14.99 at Gamestop. Don't know how good the games are but cheap RPGs are always a must-buy for me, especially if they're made by Atlus.

steambot chronicles is a neat game that could have been a lot more interesting. i was kind of turned off by the pseudo-open world that would have been better if they went more sandbox (i.e. letting you manually walk your steambot around towns).

and i haven't played metal saga, but it seems funny..

I'll have to check out my local one for both, though really not that interested in Metal Saga

Steambot Chronicles however I do want

Deal of the year on Metal Saga...or at least a contender with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for deal of the year. Seriously. Fantastic, fantastic game for a great price.

I have a new (gutted) copy of Metal Saga from E.B. that I would sell for $17.00 including shipping if anyone is interested.

I am also looking for Steambot Chronicles. An even trade would be cool with me.

[quote name='62t']another Steambot Chronicles game will be out on psp.[/quote]

Two actually. The first is that SC-themed Blokus game (I think it's out already), and the second is some kind of "vehicle battle tournament."

I would've loved to have gotten either of those games for that price, but our GS didn't have either (or Devil Summoner for that matter).

[quote name='josekortez']Why is it YMMV when those prices have appeared on Gamestop's website and the games are marked for $14.99 in-store? Just curious...[/QUOTE]
Because neither of them are listed on the website in new condition (as of 02/27) and not every store has the games available. That=YMMV.

It's semantics, but I don't think it should be ymmv.
Each of the stores I have seen these two games at have been $14.99, that is the price in their computer systems now. Whether or not the physical item is in the store you are going to shouldn't make it ymmv, then all b&m deals would be ymmv unless there was a store raincheck guarantee.

[quote name='vherub']It's semantics, but I don't think it should be ymmv.
Each of the stores I have seen these two games at have been $14.99, that is the price in their computer systems now. Whether or not the physical item is in the store you are going to shouldn't make it ymmv, then all b&m deals would be ymmv unless there was a store raincheck guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I was wrong to suggest YMMV, B&M still applies tho.

On another note, I enjoyed Steambot although it was not as open as advertised. Metal Saga is also a game that looks like something I would enjoy

bread's done
Back