rhymenoceros - Canoga Park
mac101010 - Glendora
karkyco - Beverly Hills
sailorchrono - Huntington Beach
Ragekod - Canoga Park
AkariK - Winnetka
abducted vision - Canoga Park
BigHow - Beverly Hills

Anyone doing the Smash Bros tournament at Gamestop? I'll be going to the one in Garden Grove on Chapman, there's only like 10 people signed up and was wondering if anyone from CAG was attending the same one.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']Canoga Park...the CP! Not really something to be proud of, actually.[/quote]
Hey another Canoga Park CAG.

[quote name='AkariK']Winnetka - used to be Canoga Park before it split.[/quote]
I'm on winnetka as well, but I say canoga park cause its more known.

Hey SoCal CAGs, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a good reasonably priced hotel in the LA area. I'm much more familiar with the San Diego area but in a couple months I'm taking a trip with 4 people specifically for Disneyland and all the touristy stuff. I much prefer the laid back stuff in San Diego that I'm used to but I haven't been to Disneyland in like 15 years :lol:. Thanks for any advice guys.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hey SoCal CAGs, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a good reasonably priced hotel in the LA area. I'm much more familiar with the San Diego area but in a couple months I'm taking a trip with 4 people specifically for Disneyland and all the touristy stuff. I much prefer the laid back stuff in San Diego that I'm used to but I haven't been to Disneyland in like 15 years :lol:. Thanks for any advice guys.[/QUOTE]

Where do you want to stay, Santa Ana/Anaheim or closer to other areas (L.A.)?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hey SoCal CAGs, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a good reasonably priced hotel in the LA area. I'm much more familiar with the San Diego area but in a couple months I'm taking a trip with 4 people specifically for Disneyland and all the touristy stuff. I much prefer the laid back stuff in San Diego that I'm used to but I haven't been to Disneyland in like 15 years :lol:. Thanks for any advice guys.[/quote]
You could stay in the Hollywood area and take a bus down to Disneyland. Universal offers a city pass, which is about $200 and you get a pass to Disneyland, Universal Studios, and I believe Sea World and they take you to these places by bus.

Stay in Fullerton - it's less than ten minutes from Anaheim/Disney, and you won't pay the Anaheim rates for being near the park.

Thanks guys. Right now we're planning to buy two day passes for Disneyland/California Adventure. We're going to be there Friday to Monday, driving down so don't need the bus stuff. Fullerton sounds like a good idea if the rates will be significantly lower. Right now my friends keep looking at vacation packages but I know I can find something better.

Like I said I don't really know the area so some specific hotel recommendations would be great. As long as its a decent place and reasonably close to the park its fine with me. If you guys want to recommend some cool touristy spots and beaches (surf spots?)to go to, that'll be great too. Sadly I don't think I'll make it down to San Diego this trip, but I guess its an opportunity to do LA / Hollywood stuff.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Like I said I don't really know the area so some specific hotel recommendations would be great. As long as its a decent place and reasonably close to the park its fine with me. If you guys want to recommend some cool touristy spots and beaches (surf spots?)to go to, that'll be great too. Sadly I don't think I'll make it down to San Diego this trip, but I guess its an opportunity to do LA / Hollywood stuff.[/quote]

When I went on vacation 2 years ago (coming from OH), we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and Howard johnson. Both are within walking distance which I put a ~$20 premium on when I was looking. We also stayed a few nights in one of the Disney hotels but I wouldn't recommend those as they start at $200 a night. Its hard to do a good recommendation given that the prices fluctuate so much in the area seasonally and there are so many options.

I'm actually looking to possibly stay a night May 9th in the area. If I do I'll probably go with the $58 a night that Hotwire for a 3 Star Hotel in the Disneyland South area. They also have a 2 Star hotel in Disneyland north that is $41 a night. If I end up not being close enough to walk I don't really care now because I live here and have annual passes. I'm willing to sacrifice some time waiting for a shuttle to save a little money.

Note that it is also important to balance costs for convenience against the total cost of your vacation. Cost premiums that may not be justified on their own may be worthwile when looked at a different way. When you add up the cost of the tickets, gas, food and the hotel you'll probably be spending ~$20 an hour for your time in the parks.

bread's done
Back