Stores afraid of the Bible Belt

NTolerance

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
What big chain stores are we missing down here? I'm always frustrated to see good deals at these places:

Fry's
Microcenter
Gamecrazy

I think Georgia may have Fry's now but we definitely don't have them in NC. :cry:

Fry's has one store in Atlanta, one in Chicago, with the rest of the stores being in Vegas and throughout California. We only have one here in Sacramento.. definitely beats Best Buy AND Circuit City in terms of selection and prices at times.

You're not missing much with GameCrazy I don't think.. I don't really shop there, anyway.

You think you guys have it bad though, try parts of the North! Back where I'm from we only had Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. THAT'S IT.

[quote name='clortho']Fry's has one store in Atlanta, one in Chicago, with the rest of the stores being in Vegas and throughout California. We only have one here in Sacramento.. definitely beats Best Buy AND Circuit City in terms of selection and prices at times.

You're not missing much with GameCrazy I don't think.. I don't really shop there, anyway.

You think you guys have it bad though, try parts of the North! Back where I'm from we only had Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. THAT'S IT.[/QUOTE]

Seems like Fry's likes to discount some games on release day which is unheard of in these parts. Best Buy and Circuit City around here are really slack and rude for the most part due to lack of real competition (Fry's).

Also we got our first Costco just last year.

[quote name='NTolerance']Seems like Fry's likes to discount some games on release day which is unheard of in these parts. Best Buy and Circuit City around here are really slack and rude for the most part due to lack of real competition (Fry's).

Also we got our first Costco just last year.[/quote]

Yeah but the Fry's discounts have gotten pretty lousy. Their deals, outside of black Friday and a few decent holiday sales (President's day Sale, 4th of July, etc.) have been few and far between, and even the holiday sales are starting to lag.

They used to have new releases usually for 20% off, now you're lucky to get 10% off. Amazon is turning into my favorite retailer...

I never even heard of that store until i joined this site...
Walmart dominates here in WV
they even bought up local buildings to insure no competition would come >:C

[quote name='NTolerance']What big chain stores are we missing down here? I'm always frustrated to see good deals at these places:

Fry's
Microcenter
Gamecrazy

I think Georgia may have Fry's now but we definitely don't have them in NC. :cry:[/quote]

I don't think that most of those store are in New England either.

TBW

Fry's and microcenter are not big corporations.

The deals at these places are overrated. You only get good deals at microcenter if the game has been sitting on the shelf for forever, and fry's you may luck out every now and again and find something marked down, but for the most part their deals are very modest. Microcenter is very slow to lower their prices, too, when everyone else has pricedropped a game. I only go there to find older stuff that I know will be soon impossible to find (any Atlus game, NIS games, etc.)

Sigh, I miss California...No Fry's or Microcenters here in TN. Hopefully, they open one of each up here soon.

i know there is a gamecrazy off of skibo rd in fayetteville, there is also one in sanford, and im pretty sure there is/was one off of capital blvd in raleigh

i know there is a gamecrazy off of skibo rd in fayetteville, there is also one in sanford, and im pretty sure there is/was one off of capital blvd in raleigh

[quote name='wesdw369']i know there is a gamecrazy off of skibo rd in fayetteville, there is also one in sanford, and im pretty sure there is/was one off of capital blvd in raleigh[/QUOTE]

I see a listing for Hollywood Video on Spring Forest Rd in Raleigh. Is that the same as Gamecrazy?

There is a Gamecrazy in Rogers, Arkansas and that is very near to Harrison, Ar also know as the KKK headquaters. KKK=same as bible belt right?

bread's done
Back