CAG Presents: Rywateska's Halo 2 Videos: "Farewell" & "In the Video"

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
CAG isn't just about cheap video games. When it comes down to it, the community is what makes a website special. For your enjoyment, I present to you not one, but two Halo 2 videos created by CAG Rywateska. The videos are a farewell of sorts, as he is going to have give up Halo 2 for a while. Even if you don't care for the game, I think you can appreciate the great skill and dedication it takes to put something like this together.

One video highlights great gameplay while the other focuses on the lighter side of Halo 2 and teamwork.
Mirrors are welcomed and needed as these are big files. Please contact me if you can help out (thanks, zzl365).
Right click the below links and click "Save target as" to download:
30 second trailer - 7.3 MB
Farewell - 62.4 MB (serious video) - Mirror
In the Video - 106 MB (lighter side) - Mirror

Personally, I think the videos are great (duh, otherwise I wouldn't be showcasing them). I hope we will start to see more of this kind of entertainment. Perhaps the next generation consoles will make this sort of thing easier.

MLGPro.com discussion thread

I hope eveyone can enjoy these so that the time I spent not only playing the game, but the time spent on the production, turns out worthwhile. Farewell is the montage of, what I consider to be, some incredible highlights while In The Video showcases some funnier moments in the Halo 2 online community.

After eight months and hundreds of hours played...I may have to put down the headset. Summer is coming around and my time for the game will slowly dwindle to a close. I figured that there would be no better send off than sharing this all with you. I hope everyone can get a glimpse on how great this game has been to, not only me, thousands of gamers everywhere.

Cheapy has been kind enough to help send out this Farewell of sorts...and I'd like to personally thank him a seventh time for all that he's done. Be sure to download at least one of the vidoes and check out what all the hype is about!

Its cool as hell but its gonna be some painful memories for a few. I love when a CAGer I know gets totally blasted into kingdom come.

All fun aside, totally kickass production man. I hope whatever is keeping you from Halo 2 doesnt do so for long.

I was actually going to put together a video like this as well. At work (video game store /rox!) we constantly play Halo 2 and after many a hilarious moment or unbelievable show of skill we decided to start recording our sessions in order to make one sweet video exactly like these shown. Definately some good work Ryan!

i had a sneak peek on the Farewell video and i knew that it was gonna be well received by all...lots of great moments in that vid...currently d/ling the In The Video vid...looks to be really good as well :)

I was really let down with Halo 2's matchmaking system and rumors are floating around all 360 games are going to have it. Long story short good videos for a gay game.

DUDE Awesome videos!!! The farewell montage was soooo good. The In the Video had some key funny moments of everyones games. Your hard work paid of because your farewell video is the best montage I have seen from anyone who has made one. Grade A shit man just like those pixie sticks lol. Hopefully you really won't take time off and your secretly working on "The Farewell 2: Kiss your ass goodbye" Montage. Awesome work and mad props to you.

The Farewell video was very well done, it really made me realize how bad I am at Halo 2 :) I don't know why, but I found the Ivory tower section around the 1:42 mark especially funny. The slow motion effect combined with the music in that section just made me laugh. I can just imagine the "stuckee" saying "Oh Crap" in super slow motion as he exits the hallway :)

Damn, that's a lot of no-scopes...I just had to be the last one getting popped in the head, didn't I?

Awesome video Ryan, it lived up to my expectations.

the best part of all the vids combined, IMO, was Jake tryin to assasinate ryan, but ryan turned around and popped him with a shottie...hilarious :D

Just watched "In The Video", theres a lot of moments that only we would get but its hilarious none the less. I can't believe that part with me, you, and Craven on Headlong is in there. Still funny.

Props on using Pharoe Monch and Katamari Damaci songs.

Alright...I'll post up a reply to everyones comments soon whenever I get back from a few errands but if anyone needs a yousendit.com link for a faster download then PM me within the next 15 minuntes. I'll hook you up!

Just watched Farewell. Wow.

Probably my favorite Halo 2 video on the net because the production is so good (Plus I'm in it. :D )
You should really consider a career in video editing, you have a natural talent and you seem to enjoy it. Sorry to hear that you won't be playing Halo 2 as often. As always, I had a blast playing with you.

My favorite is the CAGtacular you pull on Led, Kado, Crymson, and Jake on Midship. fucking jake can't even assassinate someone properly. :lol:

brilliant work ryan. good sountrack, great editing, and some amazing plays. the ITV video particularly makes me feel like all my work to found and keep the clan together has been worth it, and i thank you for such a great keepsake. could have used a few more jimmiemac classics, but i suppose you have to keep it all ages.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']brilliant work ryan. good sountrack, great editing, and some amazing plays. the ITV video particularly makes me feel like all my work to found and keep the clan together has been worth it, and i thank you for such a great keepsake. could have used a few more jimmiemac classics, but i suppose you have to keep it all ages.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, some more JimmieMac would have been great, but at least theres plenty of Zewone Zingers!

I love when I tell that guy on the other team were taking his warthog to capture the flag and not to ask any questions. :lol:

I know someone is on AIM that wants to file transfer these things to me so I can see my suckyness in person!

AIM me PLEEEAASEE! CheapAssSeal is the name (suckyness is my game).

Great video. Looks like your using a high sensitivity at least a 7 am I right? Those plasmas were insane how you stuck the driver of a warthog from that distance I'll never know. Good show.

Hitting that moving Warthog at that distance with the plasma was one of the most amazing parts in that video. There's so many others, too. Like Stealthy sneaking up on him and getting a face full of shotgun. Good going Jake.

[quote name='StealthySeal']I know someone is on AIM that wants to file transfer these things to me so I can see my suckyness in person!

AIM me PLEEEAASEE! CheapAssSeal is the name (suckyness is my game).[/QUOTE]
Nice edit cheapy. :lol:

I already hooked up Jake so no needs to pay attention to his post! :D

Oh shit ryan... tooo SICK! both videos are awesome! Besides every part with me involved, my favorite part is in zanzi, where the transition from the star wars music playing while the grenade gets thrown and the techno track starting up as the explsion does...

I could watch these things all day!

[quote name='zewone']Just watched Farewell. Wow.

Probably my favorite Halo 2 video on the net because the production is so good (Plus I'm in it. :D )
You should really consider a career in video editing, you have a natural talent and you seem to enjoy it. Sorry to hear that you won't be playing Halo 2 as often. As always, I had a blast playing with you.

My favorite is the CAGtacular you pull on Led, Kado, Crymson, and Jake on Midship. fucking jake can't even assassinate someone properly. :lol:[/QUOTE]
That was my favorite as well. Good job ryan as others have said the farewell is a great video, I'm still dling the other one.

I too have only watched Farewell thus far. A great idea on your part, perfectly executed. Props for the soundtrack, too. It hit highs and lows with perfect timing.

A question, Ryan: How many hours of footage did you have to sift through?

[quote name='Trakan']Damn, my download is only going at 12 KB/S.[/QUOTE]

Just watched "Farewell" Nice fucking job, ryan. It was awesome to watch. I can't wait to see "In the Video"

:applause:

Great work, Ryan. Very impressive all around. You even threw my message in "In The Video" where I broadcasted my message after getting a Killamanjaro. :lol: Some more JimmieMac moments would've been great, but overall, a hilarious video all around.

Farewell had some great plays. It seemed like either Z or I were the ones dying the most often, though. :lol:

Again, great work. Just don't take too long of a break. You'll need to start capturing footage for the sequels, afterall. ;)

Did everyone see that total n00b who gets beatdown with a Needler, 26 seconds into "Farewell"? Man, that guy just plain sucks. :lol:

To the person who asked how much footage Ryan sifted through: he gave me a rough estimate of about 50 hours of searching for worthwhile clips. Keep in mind that's the time spent looking for clips, not the amount of recorded footage. The amount of footage I would bet is well near 100 hours, easily. This was a huge undertaking on Ryan's part; particularly "In the Video". And he did it all for his buds on Live. As many of you have mentioned, Ryan really has a knack for this kind of thing, and I can only hope he'll pursue it further in the future.

Thanks again for all the good times Ryan. It's a good thing you've done here.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']:applause: Extremely impressive. The clip of Jake trying to assassinate you is classic. Jake, your so silly.[/QUOTE]

Look at Ry's shields there. Jake could have breathed on him and Ry would've died. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed']Look at Ry's shields there. Jake could have breathed on him and Ry would've died. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It is really incredible how many times Jake get pwned in that Farewell.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']It is really incredible how many times Jake get pwned in that Farewell.[/QUOTE]

You've played with him; no it isn't. :lol:

[quote name='Ledhed']Did everyone see that total n00b who gets beatdown with a Needler, 26 seconds into "Farewell"? Man, that guy just plain sucks. :lol:

To the person who asked how much footage Ryan sifted through: he gave me a rough estimate of about 50 hours of searching for worthwhile clips. Keep in mind that's the time spent looking for clips, not the amount of recorded footage. The amount of footage I would bet is well near 100 hours, easily. This was a huge undertaking on Ryan's part; particularly "In the Video". And he did it all for his buds on Live. As many of you have mentioned, Ryan really has a knack for this kind of thing, and I can only hope he'll pursue it further in the future.

Thanks again for all the good times Ryan. It's a good thing you've done here.[/QUOTE]

50+ hours of work Led...the number of actual hours of gameplay is much less. I've got to do a rough guess on math but it's really only at most 20ish hours of games. I'll wirte more as I think of it.

[quote name='rywateska']50+ hours of work Led...the number of actual hours of gameplay is much less.[/QUOTE]

Ah, please forgive my misnomer. ;)

Both videos were a blast to watch - I wouldn't mind hooking up with you guys in the future as it sounds like you have a lot of fun with it.

And the music was excellent too btw.

Is anyone here a part of High Impact Halo forums? I can't register because it says it is disabled...

Would anyone be able to send them the link to Farewell?

Is anyone here a part of High Impact Halo forums? I can't register because it says it is disabled...

Would anyone be able to send them the link to/create a topic for Farewell?

[quote name='the3rdkey']I was really let down with Halo 2's matchmaking system and rumors are floating around all 360 games are going to have it. Long story short good videos for a gay game.[/QUOTE]

Really? I love halo 2's ranking system.

wow man those were just awesome. i had a friend over and we both watch them all and we just sat there with are jaws drop saying holy shit the whole time. that was incredible man. i wish i was as good as that. really though who can get killtaculars with a sniper. that was pretty amazing. great videos.

I loved "In the Video." That vid had me cracking up the whole time. The part with Ugamer and Jake and then the beatdown on Led with the needler. They were great. :lol:

bread's done
Back