Which stores do the CAGs in Northeastern PA hit?

OK, I think it's safe to say that either there's some lurkers on here in our area or some of you have been hitting the local stores hard and fast for deals.

Why, you might ask? Well, the local Kmarts seem pretty much drained of anything even vaguely resembling clearance games, the Targets are devoid of most clearance titles as well and the rest of the stores here have also all but dried up.

So, which stores do each of you hit and where are each of you located? I'd like to know where you're all at, so I don't step on other peoples 'hunting grounds' for deals.

I've been up as far as Honesdale and Matamoras to Kmart, as well as down to Berwick and the Bloomsburg/Schuylkill County area as well, so I know where MANY stores are, but most are far from goldmines.

I've also been known to traipse over the northern border into NY state from time to time(Binghamton/Johnson City and when I was going to Syracuse for auto auctions up there too).

I'd like to know what each of you have found in your travels, since I haven't found much lately.

I'm probably the only one that talks here, not as much as you but I am here. I mostly into DS and 360 games so I usually don't take anything that you are interested in (I think). I usually hit target up in the Arena Hub, Wal-Mart in Pittston, and once in a great while the k-mart there too (it is usually clean by the time I check there)

The Kmart in Pittston was BARREN when I checked it last night, save for a copy of Taito Legends for $4.99 for Xbox. But there were signs up all over electronics there, with prices and names of games/accessories on clearance.

The Target in DC was decent for clearance @ one point too, but lately it's become stripped too. I just cleaned out 4-5 of the remaining clearance games from the Kmart in DC maybe a week or two ago.

As for me, I'm primarily a PS2/XBox gamer, so most of the selection I once enjoyed is either A) long gone, B) out of the system or C)stashed in the back(as is the case in Moosic I think).

i'm about 25 minutes north of philly along the PA/DE state border. usually i venture into delaware in and around the wilmington, delaware area to check out the k-mart located at tri-state mall, and the target further down from there. and if i feel venturous enough i'll go as far as the concord mall area and check out the best buy, circuit city, sears, compusa, and any other stores of interest. sounds ridiculous that there's such a huge cluster of clearance stores, but that's how the area actually is. tri-state mall with a k-mart, a shopping center further down with target, and beyond that best buy, circuit city, compusa, and maybe one other store i cant think of at the moment.

if i find nothing at those locations i'll go back into PA and check out another mall that has a sears as well, plus the EB/GS shops. then across the road from that is a Toy's R Us as well. then down in Brookhaven there's another k-mart i check. if i'm not wiped out from all of the running around at that point...i might just feel like running to philadelphia and check out a no name shop called Got Game? located on south street. at least then i can buy a cheap import title or put a pre-order down for a specific title. maybe even get one of my consoles repaired or cleaned or modded or w/e if i want.

I've hit Springfield on occasion on my way to Atlantic City, since it's right off the Blue Route and even hit up the TRU down there that closed a couple years ago when TRU downsized their chain a bit.

I had a massive haul of guides from the Best Buy down there a couple times, but I haven't been to AC recently and I doubt I'd stop anymore since the last couple times the BB and all of the other stores are cleaned out.

I've also hit stores up in Middletown, NY at times, including THEIR Best Buy and a couple other stores up there. But since gas went to over $3 a gallon and stayed there, I don't bother going further than maybe 30-40 miles from home and only if my family is going that way for a day trip.

hm. i sometimes hit the springfield area as well, but where i go is closer to glenolden, since my mother lives in that area with her boyfriend. not to mention there's a wal-mart, and a EB there also. sometimes i'll even check out Sam Goody while i'm there and sometimes i can pick up a few decent games from there. sure the games may be used, but finding them buffed and resurfaced for $10 or so bucks is well worth it in my opinion since they have a few that they give the treatment to. they also offer the service for only a few dollars extra as well if you want.

i hardly ever check the mall out there. as far as i know there isnt any stores worth checking out in there as it would relate to video games. and you mention the best buy usually has good clearance sales? i might have to check that out next time i'm up there. i see it but never stop in if there's a sale, cause usually i only look for xbox 360 and xbox items, and when i see the store while driving by, the parking lot is packed and i automatically assume the game area got wiped clean.

also i know there is a value city department store up there in springfield. if that's still open you should really check it out if you're going to be around that area soon, cause value city is closing nationwide and most offer a fairly decent selection of games. not to mention the clearance percentages will be fairly high on the final week of operations.

take it from me, cause i worked at the one that closed at the tri-state mall location in delaware. they had multiple copies of a few games, but if you dig in the bins that hold the games you can find some gems. like when i worked at the one i mentioned i found Guilty Gear XX2 Reload and Goldeneye Rogue Agent for xbox priced at $10 each. the clearance 10% plus my 10% employee discount on electronics nabbed me them for roughly $5 each. i had to grab them then, cause they were the only copies that didnt have multiples. otherwise i would've waited them out for the higher clearance percentages. still not a bad deal considering the rarity of GGXX2R, and how hard it is to find Goldeneye Rogue Agent new and not be ripped off by buying a used copy from EB/GS.

just figured i would post this for those who view this thread. it's a list of value city stores that are closest to my area. i'll post the link at the bottom of this message. anyway some stores may be closer to you as well since the store farthest from me is 71 miles away. you can also change the zip code information to display even more stores closer to your vicinity. as far as i know the stores that the site lists should all still be open, but again they will close due to nationwide closures of the entire chain of stores. also if you view the home page it will mention that each of these stores are having clearance sales of 30-70 percent off marked prices. usually 30% relates to electronic devices and related items. games and movies would be part of that deal.

also just so anyone who checks knows. the site doesnt list the items on sale. it may be due to the fact that this could be the final week of operations for just about every store and any remaining stock of items might be extremely limited. otherwise there would be some sort of display on the homepage showcasing special or best deals that each store will have in common with the others.

also dont take my word on this but the selection of games may vary from store to store. my store had games for the following systems in stock.....Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PS, GBA, DS, and Gamecube. it probably wont be the same selection at every store. also the selection of game titles may vary as well. so dont go into it thinking that they all have the same things if you happen to check.

http://www.valuecity.com/storelocator.jsp

From what I recall of the Springfield I hit down near Philly area, I never did see a Value City there. Then again, there's the Value City in Hazleton that I think I've been to maybe a total of 10 times since I found out it was there. It just reminds me of Zayre and Ames, not much in the way of 'things I'd wanna buy', but decent enough selection of everything else for those interested.

I also haven't been to Whitehall/Allentown in a while, but I'm VERY tempted to check there too, since there's 3 Kmarts around there and just last year one of them had a Guitar Hero(original) still on the shelf. I'm pretty sure it wasn't even marked on clearance or anything, even though others recalled seeing it marked as such when they saw it.

I've also hit the Sam Goody store that used to be up towards Tunkhannock in some Kmart plaza out there. But that was one of the many ones which closed during FYE's takeover of the chain a couple years ago. I also hit the Sam Goody in the Paramus Park Mall in Paramus, NJ and I was there during their last week in operation.

I had a chance to buy tons of PS1, PS2, Xbox and GC games that are considered 'rare' for uber cheap, but I PASSED. :facepalm:

Like I said, I've been all over, but I'm still shocked I haven't been to the new Goodwill in Hazleton yet(down near the Sheetz on 309 South, where if ya turn right, you're headed towards the Laurel Mall).

i cant say i been down that direction. Hazleton that is. like you i been sticking to quick shop and go spots ever since the gas prices went up past $3 a gallon. heck sometimes i'll even grab a bus since it's cheaper than getting gas and i can get around fairly easy. basically i changed a lot of my habits since all this gas price crap started, but i cant complain. i mean i walk to locations that arent even a mile away if i can and if i feel like just checking out that one location in particular. sometimes i'll even grab my mountain bike and just ride around a bit. of course though i dont have any kids of my own, or a girlfriend to potentially give me any at the moment so i can at least keep myself physically active in these few ways when i want to.

and i'm not sure if we're talking about the same springfield or not, but if you mean the one where you get off of I-95 via the prospect park exit then that would be the same one i'm thinking of. and i believe the shop i mentioned was a Sam Goody though now you got me thinking that i could be wrong, since you are right about that buy out by FYE. there is a store up there though that has the services i mentioned. a little cheap disc shop that had games and such there and offered resurfacing.....damn now you got me wondering what the hell i was thinking of lol. and knowing me i'll go up there this weekend just to find out what the shops name is, since i know where to find it.

and you also mention the goodwill having games?? i live in Chichester township and there's a goodwill in Boothwyn, but i never saw any games there.....just mostly used and old hand me down clothes, toys, and a few other things. i guess it may have games at this point if someone donated or sold them to the shop. i'll have to give that a look next time i'm in that area. that would the only goodwill i'll be going to as Laurel Mall is just too far of a drive for me. if gas prices were cheaper then i would definitely check out some of the locations you mentioned which are further from me.

also i dont know if you been around the Garnet Valley area, but there is a place near there called Booths Corner farmers market. basically it's a decent size complex of small privately owned or rented out shops. almost sort of like a flea market type atmosphere where a few amish people will sell the things they sell, and of course others offering all sorts of stuff. one in particular is a small game shop that has quite a decent selection of games and consoles for older and newer consoles alike.

last time i was there they had i believe an atari 2600 system all fixed up and ready to play if you wanted to buy it for the oldest system they had at that time, and in terms of newest they had a Halo edition original Xbox. of course they had other systems and games as well. like N64, SNES, NES, PS, PS2, GC, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, Master System, Atari, Gameboy, Gameboy color, GBA. quite the selection if you're into older games. however there is a drawback to that complex it's located in. Booths Corner is only open on Fridays and Saturdays each week. so you pretty much have to plan a trip there to shop there or you'll be waiting til the next weekend to go.

all in all it's worth it, cause you can find just about anything there. like toys, coin collections, stamps, fireworks, magazine/comic shop, music album shop, shoe store, a couple worthwhile eateries, the amish shops as well. i believe one is amish and has jerky of all kind if you can locate the shop in the complex. i dont know where else to find deer meat jerky, except there and it is good. they also have a couple blends of beef jerky as well. it's worth checking out Booths Corner if you're ever in or around the Garnet Valley area where it's located, just for the wide variety of stuff you'd see there aside from just looking for video games.

other than that i think that pretty much rounds up the places i hit at any given time.

[quote name='aeroforce325']i cant say i been down that direction. Hazleton that is. like you i been sticking to quick shop and go spots ever since the gas prices went up past $3 a gallon. heck sometimes i'll even grab a bus since it's cheaper than getting gas and i can get around fairly easy. basically i changed a lot of my habits since all this gas price crap started, but i cant complain. i mean i walk to locations that arent even a mile away if i can and if i feel like just checking out that one location in particular. sometimes i'll even grab my mountain bike and just ride around a bit. of course though i dont have any kids of my own, or a girlfriend to potentially give me any at the moment so i can at least keep myself physically active in these few ways when i want to.

and i'm not sure if we're talking about the same springfield or not, but if you mean the one where you get off of I-95 via the prospect park exit then that would be the same one i'm thinking of. and i believe the shop i mentioned was a Sam Goody though now you got me thinking that i could be wrong, since you are right about that buy out by FYE. there is a store up there though that has the services i mentioned. a little cheap disc shop that had games and such there and offered resurfacing.....damn now you got me wondering what the hell i was thinking of lol. and knowing me i'll go up there this weekend just to find out what the shops name is, since i know where to find it.

and you also mention the goodwill having games?? i live in Chichester township and there's a goodwill in Boothwyn, but i never saw any games there.....just mostly used and old hand me down clothes, toys, and a few other things. i guess it may have games at this point if someone donated or sold them to the shop. i'll have to give that a look next time i'm in that area. that would the only goodwill i'll be going to as Laurel Mall is just too far of a drive for me. if gas prices were cheaper then i would definitely check out some of the locations you mentioned which are further from me.[/quote]

I think we're talking about the same Springfield(zip code: 19064), since I know the Toys R Us there closed down a year or so ago. There's a Best Buy(on Baltimore Pike) almost right across the road from where the TRU was and there's a mall which had a number of stores close in it over the past couple years(including Strawbridges). There are at least 2 Gamestop stores that I remember there, though the one was in a small shopping center and located a couple doors down from a grocery store. That one closed about the same time as the TRU, if I recall correctly.

As for the Boothwyn Goodwill not having any games/systems, check ShopGoodwill.com, since that seems to be where they put a majority of their stuff that's gaming related.

The one auto auction I've hit up down in Philly area is Carriage Trade in Conshohocken(don't know if I spelled that right) area. I know there's a Circuit City, Best Buy and a Super Target in close proximity to it. I know that Springfield is at least a couple exits further down the Blue Route from the exit for the auction.

well i found 2 other locations that i could potentially check out. if you been to the delaware county area of PA, and maybe crossed through a town named Marcus Hook, or other adjoining towns then one location doesnt take long to get to one of the locations from either towns. i actually live in Marcus Hook btw. anyway the next adjoining town named Linwood has a auction house i never noticed before. the place is on a stretch of road that has 2 gas stations and a mcdonalds fast food restaraunt and is off of I-95 after the Boothwyn or Chichester exit if you're coming from I-95.....it's named either one...i'm not really sure at the moment, but after it you would have to get off I-95 at the Marcus Hook exit. anyway going a little further down this stretch of road from my town or Linwood will bring you to a bar on the one side of the road and the auction house driveway directly across from that before a bridged area of road. i havent checked, but from prior experieces with public auctions i have found that you have the possibility of finding some pretty decent retro games from any given system. of course newer ones might be a bit harder to come across.

now another location is yet another auction house that is across from a place i mentioned before. Booths Corner Farmers Market. it's a rather obscure auction place if you havent been there, but it is directly across the street from the Farmers Market. i've checked this one myself a couple times before and the best they had in terms of video games were NES cartridges however i have heard from a few friends who hit up auctions that they recently been putting up Playstation 1 items and games, as well as a few Sega items from various consoles. some of which considered collectible or rare. i may give this another shot today or tomorrow, as usually the auction house holds auctions when the Farmers Market is open....which would be today and tomorrow.

I don't think we have any kind of auctions around here like that, though my dad typically goes to buy restaurant equipment and the like from them when he DOES find one.

I've been trying to get him to go out to NJ, Paramus to be precise, since out that way is a Best Buy which has a $700-800 LCD TV on clearance for under $300 each. Plus, I just heard about another TV which is on clearance from BB. It's a 27" HDTV from Samsung, with a low, low, low possible clearance price of only $129. Although, most people on SlickDeals who reported finding them found them for $400-500 or only slightly lower.

I checked on a Westinghouse LCD TV(the one I mentioned above that people were getting for UNDER $300 in some spots)around here and unfortunately the only store with it in stock wanted $599 for it. I never find the truly great deals, though I DID find a PSone/LCD combo about 2 years or so ago at a local Kmart for only $10, which was thanks to another CAG alerting me of it's cheap price.

[quote name='aeroforce325']just figured i would post this for those who view this thread. it's a list of value city stores that are closest to my area. i'll post the link at the bottom of this message. anyway some stores may be closer to you as well since the store farthest from me is 71 miles away. you can also change the zip code information to display even more stores closer to your vicinity. as far as i know the stores that the site lists should all still be open, but again they will close due to nationwide closures of the entire chain of stores. also if you view the home page it will mention that each of these stores are having clearance sales of 30-70 percent off marked prices. usually 30% relates to electronic devices and related items. games and movies would be part of that deal.

also just so anyone who checks knows. the site doesnt list the items on sale. it may be due to the fact that this could be the final week of operations for just about every store and any remaining stock of items might be extremely limited. otherwise there would be some sort of display on the homepage showcasing special or best deals that each store will have in common with the others.

also dont take my word on this but the selection of games may vary from store to store. my store had games for the following systems in stock.....Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PS, GBA, DS, and Gamecube. it probably wont be the same selection at every store. also the selection of game titles may vary as well. so dont go into it thinking that they all have the same things if you happen to check.

http://www.valuecity.com/storelocator.jsp[/QUOTE]

Wait a second. All Value City stores are closing down? When did this happen?

[quote name='Josef']Wait a second. All Value City stores are closing down? When did this happen?[/quote]

when i was working at the location in delaware at the tri-state mall we got the announcement that our store would be closing around the fifth of january, but it was in the works since november and it was a unconfirmed rumor at that time, and that other locations would eventually follow suit. this is what i heard from my managers who were in the know on the situation so i took their word on it. i'm not sure why the entire chain of stores nationwide is closing, but i do know that Burlington Coat Factory did buy Value City out as a business, and basically they have their pick of what locations they'll use for their own stores once those locations are closed. other store locations that go unused by Burlington i dont know the details on what will happen with them, though i'm assuming individual store properties like that will be sold to other interested businesses.

now of course some Value City locations may remain open after the fact, but they will be few and sparse, and may be open another year or so at the latest. whether or not they are subject to the clearances happening now at other locations that are closing, i'm not sure, though they can do their own clearance sales and will most likely have lesser percentages off of merchandise if they do, but for the most part every store will eventually close.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't think we have any kind of auctions around here like that, though my dad typically goes to buy restaurant equipment and the like from them when he DOES find one.

I've been trying to get him to go out to NJ, Paramus to be precise, since out that way is a Best Buy which has a $700-800 LCD TV on clearance for under $300 each. Plus, I just heard about another TV which is on clearance from BB. It's a 27" HDTV from Samsung, with a low, low, low possible clearance price of only $129. Although, most people on SlickDeals who reported finding them found them for $400-500 or only slightly lower.

I checked on a Westinghouse LCD TV(the one I mentioned above that people were getting for UNDER $300 in some spots)around here and unfortunately the only store with it in stock wanted $599 for it. I never find the truly great deals, though I DID find a PSone/LCD combo about 2 years or so ago at a local Kmart for only $10, which was thanks to another CAG alerting me of it's cheap price.[/quote]

well usually these auction houses sell anything and everything. whether or not they get ahold of games and such is pretty much a toss up and is hit or miss when you go to them hoping to get an awesome deal on some sort of video game console or games. like i said though, i have a few friends who hit up these auctions specifically for potential video game deals. of course they get more than games as well depending on what else is up for auction, like fantasy art pieces, swords, and w/e else that interests them. for me when i check it's usually a waste of time, cause i like fantasy art pieces like my friends, but most of the stuff i see at auction are things i already own or when i look over the pieces before auctioning of the items begin i see some sort of defect or damage to the item that just isnt satisfactory to me.

today i went to the auction house located near Booths Corner Farmers Market. for video games it was a total bust, but i felt it would be worth checking out since apparantly someone in and around my area of PA was putting up game related items. i did find some swords and such that i was interested in and got one that was made by the Franklin Mint for $12 bucks. not bad considering the only thing wrong with it were fingerprint smudges all over the sheath. the blade had smudges all over it as well. i still have to polish it as there are a few spots that look like smudges but apparantly wont wipe off with a cloth.

[quote name='aeroforce325']well usually these auction houses sell anything and everything. whether or not they get ahold of games and such is pretty much a toss up and is hit or miss when you go to them hoping to get an awesome deal on some sort of video game console or games.[/QUOTE]

I've had a few good finds at auctions but I will only bother going if I see something I'm interested in listed in the Sunday paper. It's kind of a pain in the ass since you have to sit and wait for what your interested in to be put up if your only really interested in 1 thing or a few things although I've been able to ask politely at some places if the guy feeding items (can't remember off hand what they are called) from the group that has the item your interested in could bump up the item your intersted in and get it up for auction shortly. I'm sure every once in a blue moon they have something really good that wasen't found in time for advertising at an auction around me but I figure that it would be too much trouble going to random auctions with nothing of interest to me advertised before I'd find an auction with some kind of unadvertised goldmine.

You know....I'm shocked I didn't call for these free SNES games someone advertised in the free ad section of our local paper here this week. I doubt they were anything good and I doubt they're still available, but if the ad pops up again, I'm grabbing them.

I think they had like 8-15 games they were just giving away listed, no names of the games though.

[quote name='aeroforce325']when i was working at the location in delaware at the tri-state mall we got the announcement that our store would be closing around the fifth of january, but it was in the works since november and it was a unconfirmed rumor at that time, and that other locations would eventually follow suit. this is what i heard from my managers who were in the know on the situation so i took their word on it. i'm not sure why the entire chain of stores nationwide is closing, but i do know that Burlington Coat Factory did buy Value City out as a business, and basically they have their pick of what locations they'll use for their own stores once those locations are closed. other store locations that go unused by Burlington i dont know the details on what will happen with them, though i'm assuming individual store properties like that will be sold to other interested businesses.

now of course some Value City locations may remain open after the fact, but they will be few and sparse, and may be open another year or so at the latest. whether or not they are subject to the clearances happening now at other locations that are closing, i'm not sure, though they can do their own clearance sales and will most likely have lesser percentages off of merchandise if they do, but for the most part every store will eventually close.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the only Value City I visited, though I know there was another in Wilmington on Kirkwood Highway. By the way, the KMart at the Tri-State mall is having a lot of their clearance games ring up out of the system ("check shelf price"). I was denied on about 5 of them because the shelf price was still $29.99 and that's what the clerk thought she was supposed to charge.

[quote name='Josef']That's pretty much the only Value City I visited, though I know there was another in Wilmington on Kirkwood Highway. By the way, the KMart at the Tri-State mall is having a lot of their clearance games ring up out of the system ("check shelf price"). I was denied on about 5 of them because the shelf price was still $29.99 and that's what the clerk thought she was supposed to charge.[/quote]

that's why i never really visit there much. some of the employees seem clueless as to what to do. as for the lady you mention....i'm not sure if i'm thinking of the one you encountered, though the one i know there is sort of big. not necessarily fat considering she's tall, but she has a little chunk to her. she also has sort of dirty blondish hair, though mostly brunette right? if that's who you encountered then you oughta know she's the manager in electronics there.

now there's also another lady that works there as well that i know of. an older lady who i'm guessing has to be in about her 50's or late 40's, possibly older. she is older than the manager though. she could also be the one you encountered.

anyway if you encounter the older lady or possibly one of the guys who work that section then you could try asking for the electronics manager. i know her name is Sandy, cause i've talked to her on a couple occasions while i was looking at stuff. she should be there most of the time, though on a couple occasions i never saw one trace of her in the store. so just ask for her next time and if they can get her to the area you should be able to ask if there is any sort of clearance on the games that are ringing up as check shelf price. more than likely she would know and will be able to override the system, as managers are in the know about what prices most items should be. they're actually responsible for making sure the changes are implemented and have documents telling them what clearance prices to mark any clearance items. she shouldnt give you any problems on ensuring that you get the corrected price if there is a clearance price that's in her documents.

[quote name='aeroforce325']that's why i never really visit there much. some of the employees seem clueless as to what to do. as for the lady you mention....i'm not sure if i'm thinking of the one you encountered, though the one i know there is sort of big. not necessarily fat considering she's tall, but she has a little chunk to her. she also has sort of dirty blondish hair, though mostly brunette right? if that's who you encountered then you oughta know she's the manager in electronics there.

now there's also another lady that works there as well that i know of. an older lady who i'm guessing has to be in about her 50's or late 40's, possibly older. she is older than the manager though. she could also be the one you encountered.

anyway if you encounter the older lady or possibly one of the guys who work that section then you could try asking for the electronics manager. i know her name is Sandy, cause i've talked to her on a couple occasions while i was looking at stuff. she should be there most of the time, though on a couple occasions i never saw one trace of her in the store. so just ask for her next time and if they can get her to the area you should be able to ask if there is any sort of clearance on the games that are ringing up as check shelf price. more than likely she would know and will be able to override the system, as managers are in the know about what prices most items should be. they're actually responsible for making sure the changes are implemented and have documents telling them what clearance prices to mark any clearance items. she shouldnt give you any problems on ensuring that you get the corrected price if there is a clearance price that's in her documents.[/QUOTE]

The lady was somebody that didn't normally work electronics as she stated she was only covering until one of the workers showed up a little bit later. She was an older woman ('60's or so) and I got the impression she was one of the higher ups at the store as she was telling other employees what to do. It's a shame she wouldn't (or was too lazy to) find a hand scanner to pull up the last clearance price.

hm...i dont know if that's the same old lady i saw. i mean i saw an older lady working the section as though it were her section, but i never knew she was a manager herself, cause i really had no reason to bother her about sale prices before. the last few times i was at the store, she was working the section and there was no sale going on though.

anyways i think tomorrow i'll visit that location and see if anything worth picking up is there. namely a few xbox titles that may be particularly hard to find like Syberia II, The Bards Tale, The Thing, as well as a few other titles i'm on the fence about.

titles like:

Van Helsing
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes

this is of course if K-mart even has either of them. and then just maybe i might even treat myself to a new xbox 360 game. Turning Point: Fall of Liberty.

ok the lady i saw today was a shorter lady. not the older one in her 60s. i know who that is now. the one i encountered today and before was as i said probably in her late 40s and i dont know if she was the other manager you mentioned before, but she was working the section.

now as far as clearances go.....they wouldnt budge on any of the prices of xbox 360 games. i just went with maybe 2 titles in mind that i knew were listed on the clearance thread for K-mart in the deals forum. i didnt see those. the rest of the 360 games all were full price.

as for original xbox games. i know they used to have a cardboard stand with those games on it as well as PS2, GC, GBA, and DS games. apparantly those games got wiped out and the display was not on the floor where it normally sat just a few feet from the TV displays. the game case contained no xbox original games either. i even walked a bit to see if the stand was moved toward the front of the store or the games allocated near the registers. no go. they are completely gone. whether or not more were in the back storage area i have no idea. i didnt ask, cause i know the lady would've told me they completely sold out of them. it's a common ploy so that a employee or manager wont have to go and dig through cases of items after working on w/e they had to grab from the storage room in the first place. so it wasnt worth asking if more were in the back.

but i didnt come back empty handed. i did find Turning Point Fall of Liberty standard edition (i didnt want a CE) and seeing as it was a full price purchase i'll be cutting back on buying games for a bit. besides i still have LO, and Goldeneye Rogue Agent to finish.

See, that's what our local Kmarts do most times, they say that they 'have no other games', yet the one CAG who I talk to frequently hit one of my local Kmarts and the woman working electronics brought out a cartload of them.

I guess maybe I'm just not convincing enough to get people to check the back stockrooms for me.

well most of the time employees and department managers are wiped out after moving stock to the floor from the store room. that or they got a pretty good idea of what is left in there, or the boxes mostly look alike. we would figure games wont come in a cardboard box of sorts, but sometimes they do. it can be rather hard to tell what is what when you got boxes of cds, dvds and other crap. especially after you were digging through those just to make sure you got the newest stock out that needed to be out. take it from me i did this a few times myself back in Value City. told a customer we didnt have anymore of a particular item.

like i said before you can also always try the manager for that section....unless of course you ask them, then well....i dont know what to say then, unless you escalate it to a higher up. and if that happens then the least they can do is ask the employee or department manager to go look and bring out those games that may be back there.

that's about all you can really do in a situation like that. for me i wouldnt question it, cause the store me and Josef mentioned are fairly cool about having most of those things out. you on the other hand....you could argue it a bit with your situation. go there and ask, and if they say they dont got no more....then you can argue it and say you're friend was there earlier in the day and got a few games that whomever went and put on the sales floor. or if they have a cheap cardboard rack for the cheaper games on the floor somewhere still sitting there then that's an indication that they have more to put there. otherwise it would be gone.

also i been meaning to ask you guys a question....have any of you been to the china town section of Philly? and if so do they have any import game shops? i just want to see if anything is there that i havent checked out.

I typically go to the BB, CC, GS/EB in levittown/oxford valley area. I have went to the K-marts in levittown, and on street road looking for a couples of games once, but they had nothing.

bump.....let's see if any other NEPA CAG's wanna pop in and say hi a year after this thread went silent.....

Of course, I don't expect those hoarders who're on CAG to actually say HI, but it'd be nice to know who's been cleaning out my local stores at least.

Hey, I don't know if the Coatesville/Exton area in much of a Northeastern PA area, but that's where I do most of my searching. The Exton BB sucks, they never have any YMMV deals that are mentioned and usually don't have many decent games when they have nationwide sales. The GS's are pretty good, they keep a lot of older games in stock. There are quite a few K-Marts, ut I don't go there often. Basically, the Exton area is great because they have many stores that have game clearances.

Bloomsburg is definitely an area I'd like to get back to sometime soon, but I don't see it happening since gas has spiked by almost 20 cents in the past week around here.

I'm up in Scranton, but I was down to the south or so of Bloomsburg last year sometime in the summer and I saw this Kmart down along the river there. It was a total mess inside(at least in electronics anyway). It looked like they had tons of older titles, including alot of stuff that was on clearance a few years ago.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm up in Scranton, but I was down to the south or so of Bloomsburg last year sometime in the summer and I saw this Kmart down along the river there. It was a total mess inside(at least in electronics anyway). It looked like they had tons of older titles, including alot of stuff that was on clearance a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the lurkers in the Target Clearance thread don't see this or they'll know where your "local Target" is ;)

Between myself and one other CAG, we typically cherry pick whatever we want at some of the stores and he gives me a heads up on stuff I might want. However, the local Target's employees found something he stashed for me(Afro Samurai for PS3) and it was bought the same friggin' day I went up there to grab it, which was the day after he hid it.

I guess they're getting good with finding stashes, though they never did find my Shadow Of The Collossus before I bought it for $10. Otherwise though, I haven't even bothered with that tactic, since there's few games I really want nowadays that I can't just wait and get cheaper at either Kmart or from flipping games for cheap credit at either GS to BBV.

bread's done
Back