CAG Grifball Team's Child's Play Charity Drive! $1612.50 raised to date!

HotShotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
Update: 9/7/2010:

I have just donated my pledged amount of $489.50 to Child's Play. The Chip-In widget should update shortly. Also, my employer will contact CP directly, and match my amount directly. As such, the Chip-In widget will not reflect this amount.

The charity drive is still running through Sept. 30th, and I know GrifballHUB is planning on auctioning off a few RT signed items to benefit the drive. You should check them out, and perhaps make a donation yourself!

http://caggbcharity.chipin.com/childs-play-charity

~HotShotX

After 10 league games (and a 1-9 record), and a finished season:

The CAG Grifball Team has pledged: $561.50
CheapyD of CheapAssGamer.com will match: $561.50
HotShotX's employer will match: $489.50 (matches HotShotX's portion)

Total raised to date: $1612.50

Although CAG's season is over, the drive will continue until September 30th. Donations can be made using the Chip-In widget above, and since the CAG Grifball Team has raised only $561.50, that means that another $438.50 could be raised by the community and be matched by CheapyD of www.CheapAssGamer.com!

Time is running out, so help us capitalize on this opportunity and donate today!

(Posted with approval from CheapyD, who has also pledged to match whatever this drive raises, up to $1,000.)

For the upcoming Grifball Summer League 2010 season, the Cheap Ass Gamer Grifball team will be raising money for the Child's Play Charity, a charity devoted to donating toys and video games to children's hospitals all over the world.

This season, we pledge to donate based on our statistical performance throughout the season, based on the following amounts:

For every ( ) that we earn:
Wins: $15.00
Goals: $5.00
Highlights: $10.00
K-D Spread: -$0.50 (K-D Spread will be negative, and huge)
Forfeit Wins: $25.00
Championship Win: x2

But just who is the CAG Grifball Team, you ask? Our roster consists of longtime CAG and RoosterTeeth members who have been members of their respective forums -- and the Grifball League -- for years:

HotShotX - CAG Member Since 11/2005 - Team Captain - 9th Grifball Season
Draekon - CAG Member Since 1/2006 - 9th Grifball Season
Penguinocalypse - RT Member Since 12/2007 - 9th Grifball Season
Rac The Kitty - RT Member Since 12/2005 - 9th Grifball Season
Samurai Jenn - RT Member Since 2/2008 - 10th Grifball Season

We encourage everyone to also donate funds directly or pledge based on performance throughout the season, and have established several resources to further this endeavor.

You can find more information at the following links:

Charity Drive Intro Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J39jTwc2uY
Pledge Spreadsheet: CAG Grifball Team Charity Drive Spreadsheet
Chip-In Donation Page: http://caggbcharity.chipin.com/childs-play-charity
Chip-In ID Number: dc7c442c9bf5c573

Cheap Ass Gamer GBSML10 Season Schedule:
Week 1 - vs. Cloudy With a Chance of Grifballs
Week 1 - vs. Free Parking
Week 2 - vs. Multiple Scorgasms
Week 2 - vs. D20 Grifball
Week 3 - vs. Kitty Klan
Week 3 - vs. Cloudy With a Chance of Grifballs
Week 4 - vs. Free Parking
Week 4 - vs. Multiple Scorgasms
Week 5 - vs. D20 Grifball
Week 5 - vs. Kitty Klan

[chipinbig]dc7c442c9bf5c573[/chipinbig]

~HotShotX

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HotShotX'](and no, I won't swap in Gauntlet Run every now and then, the league is on, so we practice).[/quote]

Thank god.

[quote name='HotShotX']PRACTICE IS AT 10PM EST EVERY DAY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.[/quote]

Meh, just so you know this will only give me 30-60 minutes tops every work night to join in. Outside of Friday or Saturday night anyways.

It was fun playing last night even though I don't have Foundry. Hopefully I will understand what I am missing when MS releases them for free soon.

Rudy, you just won't have me knocking over all the crates anymore.

And I won't be able to do this every night, but yeah.

[quote name='SynGamer']Is it too late to sign up? I planned on making the practice tonight after getting the voice message.[/quote]

It is NOT too late to sign up, send CAG Grifball a friend request online, and when the practice game is being set up, I will shoot out invites to all online. If we have too many people, a second game will be made.

~HotShotX

Excellent. Count me in for sure, but on work nights I can only be on until 1130pm EST tho.

Just something to remember for those that are seriously interested: the league REQUIRES games to be played on the Foundry map as of now, so you are going to have to have the map pack to seriously practice.

oops! Hotshot already said that, now I just feel like a jerk! ;) haha

I do have the map pack.

BTW, I have to say overall that I'm not a big fan of the maps of Halo 3. My favorite is actually Guardian, which nobody else seems to like. I miss the big-team maps of Halo 2. Headlong for example.

I've got the maps and can be on in an hour and 3 min. HSX if you read this before then and get a chance, jump in the UrbanDead room to remind me all else. Tag is Warked.

[quote name='anomynous']Rudy, you just won't have me knocking over all the crates anymore.

And I won't be able to do this every night, but yeah.[/quote]

That was actually the best part - it proved to be a wildcard for those on that side of the map. As long as it doesn't keep spawning me on the other side of the map like it seems to always do, I'll be fine :).

To anyone who got in my Foundry map after practice - Where the rockets are is going to be more barricaded, and all of the powerweapons will be more *work* to get to, involving climbing through/jumping on various things. It'll be fine-tuned a bit, and fully built later. Forgot I didn't finish it since I got an invite.

Ok, I signed up at grifball.com
I think we should sort of practice some other way.
Most of the time half the team was just standing around.
Maybe two rooms doing similar drills for a certain time and then rejoining together for practice matches or something.

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']I think we should sort of practice some other way.
Most of the time half the team was just standing around.
Maybe two rooms doing similar drills for a certain time and then rejoining together for practice matches or something.[/quote]

Well we could practice defensive measure for the offensive trick and switch off. It's not extremely easy to perform those tricks mid-game and be in the correct places to counter it, so we'd have to simulate it until we can use it normally in practice.

Though two rooms work as well but who would be the leader who does all of the talking? Clearly not fullmetal and I'm far too lazy to speak for more than ten seconds.

Are we also going to try and keep at least one person on defense when the forward blockers are working their way to the goal with the ball behind them? As a precaution to prevent a quick reverse score by somehow passing by our forwards. Well if that happened team killing should be done to get at least one back to the goal.

Should also work on how far to be spread out when going offensive so we stop killing each other. I think my record last night for deaths by betrayals in a row was like 10 even if they didn't flat out say it was a betrayal as the opposing team caused damage to me to get the 'kill'.

Oh and Syn, next time you say you're going to leave private chat, end the chat instead of switching out of it. :p

And seriously, can anybody kill fullmetal without much trouble when going 1 on 1? I've tried hitting early, late, in the middle and no luck. The only time I get him is when I catch him off guard or right after he swings and doesn't kill me. Also does anybody have that trouble with me too? Curious considering I often have been getting the most kills in the game.

I signed up on grifball.com the other day, but I don't know how to join the CAG team. Can anyone run me through it?

Hotshot, do you need to add me to the Cheap Ass Gamer team? There's no 'Join Team' function on their website?

I tried sending you invites.
Something is wrong with your NAT.
Also HotShot did you ever figure out what was wrong with the roster sign up thing.

Also HotShot did you ever figure out what was wrong with the roster sign up thing.

I did and I'm signing up team members now, though the list is still tentative until the season begins.

~HotShotX

I guess I'm going to stick to being mostly a tank since I seem to get a good K/D ratio. I'll pickup the ball temporarily to keep it out of enemy hands but I'll hand it off to someone else on my team. Unless of course the path is wide open.

Going to see if I can find some match videos of the first season of Grifball too. Would probably help to see how other groups play the game.

And for blocking the ball launchee, I don't think using a gravity hammer when they're right in front of you will work as displayed yesterday. I'm thinking about hitting before they're in range of dying to hopefully cancel out their mid-air momentum. I will be trying that next game we play.

I logged the data from the 10 games we've played so far, and the following trends have appeared. However, note the following:

*Data is based on K/D Spread, Scoring, and Betrayals
*All data is based on 10 games, with the exceptions of John Ketch (5 Games), Anayalator (9 Games), and Halfbent (9 Games).

Name -- K/D Spread
1. Draekon (Avg. 16.3)
2. John Ketch (Avg. -0.6)
3. Fullmetal (Avg. -2.9)
4. Halfbent (Avg. -6.67)
5. Warked (Avg. -8.8)
6. SynGamer (Avg. -10.4)
7. The Anayalator (Avg. -12.33)
8. HotShotX (Avg. -13.5)

Name -- Scoring
1. The Anayalator (Avg. 2.22)
2. HotShotX (Avg. 1.7)
3. Halfbent (Avg. 1.44)
4. Draekon (Avg. 1.2)
4. Warked (Avg. 1.2)
6. SynGamer (Avg. 0.8)
7. Fullmetal (Avg. 0.7)
8. John Ketch (Avg. 0.2)

Name -- Betrayals
1. SynGamer (Avg. 5.1)
2. John Ketch (Avg. 5.0)
3. Fullmetal (Avg. 4.6)
4. Draekon (Avg. 3.9)
4. HotShotX (Avg. 3.9)
6. Warked (Avg. 2.3)
7. Halfbent (Avg. 1.67)
8. The Anayalator (Avg. 1.44)

I'd say based on these statistics, I'm officially a Trick Runner, not a Hybrid :)

~HotShotX

To my defense, do those betrayals include the fullmetal plan? Plus, my first few games were horrible sinc ei had never played before.

*Edit: might i suggest a stat reset starting with tonights practice?

[quote name='SynGamer']To my defense, do those betrayals include the fullmetal plan? Plus, my first few games were horrible sinc ei had never played before.

*Edit: might i suggest a stat reset starting with tonights practice?[/quote]

Good point, the fullmetal plan was included in the stats, my bad.

But yeah, new stats start tonight.

~HotShotX

[quote name='SynGamer']To my defense, do those betrayals include the fullmetal plan? Plus, my first few games were horrible sinc ei had never played before.

*Edit: might i suggest a stat reset starting with tonights practice?[/QUOTE]

What is this fullmetal plan?

And is there any way practice can start an hour early tonight?

Well, I can be on an hour early if needed. I'm currently snowed in staring out the window watching it continue to come down on the already 12+ inches.

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']Tonight's practice is an hour early. 9PM CST/10 PM EST[/quote]

Wait, don't you mean 8 PM CST/9 PM EST? So like...12 minutes from now?

damn, i guess i should've checked the board before I went on. No one was there at 9pm...

I'm up for playing tonight. 9C/10E? Is that good for people or are we moving it up again?

[quote name='John Ketch']damn, i guess i should've checked the board before I went on. No one was there at 9pm...

I'm up for playing tonight. 9C/10E? Is that good for people or are we moving it up again?[/quote]

Should be normal time tonight.

Anyways, just an FYI. Tonight at 8:30PM CST I'll be picking up a family member from the airport. With how long it takes to get luggage and possible flight delays, I may be late or non-existant to tonights practice. Completely forgot about this, but I'll send a Live message HotShots way just to make sure he knows even though this is rather late.

[quote name='Draekon']Should be normal time tonight.

Anyways, just an FYI. Tonight at 8:30PM CST I'll be picking up a family member from the airport. With how long it takes to get luggage and possible flight delays, I may be late or non-existant to tonights practice. Completely forgot about this, but I'll send a Live message HotShots way just to make sure he knows even though this is rather late.[/quote]

Noted, we'll miss you reigning hell down upon your opponents with a fury that puts Thor to shame. Hop in when you can.

~HotShotX

We're introducing two Weekend Hoppers DoubleXP playlists this month, with the first hopper launching Thursday, March 6 at midnight.

Grifball, the game created by Burnie Burns of Red vs. Blue will be an unranked, weekend-long social playlist awarding DoubleXP to winning teams. We've slightly adjusted some of the rules for Grifball (unlimited round times make for unlimited griefing potential), but kept the game's core intact. You'll be able to go in with party configurations ranging from one to eight people. This playlist will be available from Thursday, March 6 at midnight until March 10 at midnight (all times Pacific Standard). I apparently forgot to mention that the Grifball hopper is being treated like a Tournament hopper -- a hopper where there will be prizes. Tournament prizes.

Just a heads up. ;)

[quote name='halfbent']Just a heads up. ;)[/quote]

We are so strutting our stuff during those dates. We'll break up into two teams and meet up in between games and switch players and try out different combinations I would think.

Oh you know it. One thing that worries me tho is the party size 1-8, and possibly using more than 4 spawn points a side?

Nah, it's just because it's social that it'll allow more than four players per party. It will still seperate teams into fours and it'll be just like we've always played. We'll just need to split up into two teams of four going in instead of going in all eight at once or we'll end up fighting each other randomly (Unless we want to do that). As for the 'using more than 4 spawn points' probably means that if you're being spawn camped, you may be spawned a little further away from the spawn camping.

Also checking out the temporary Team SWAT when it hits. I'm definitely going to hit that up too. That was my favorite Halo 2 gametype.

[quote name='SynGamer']i say we just 'practice' at 10 PM as usual but definitely against others now.[/quote]

Of course. I was just saying we should switch up team members in between games.

Official practice anyway, I'll be on playing a lot more than that. It's going to be running as a tournament playlist like the Valentine's Day one was.

Hey, ive been playing around in griffball a bit and heard that CAG had a team.
So ya... if i could get a shot id love to join .
:]

What great timing for the new grif hopper...Shit! I'm going to florida for a few days to check out some spring training action and thus, will not be able to play grifball until probably next wednesday night. So, ColHotShot, obviously feel free to adjust the CAG team roster matrix accordingly.

I will still be playing tonight, however, just to see what i can build on (read: lots of betrayals) from the other day.

[quote name='John Ketch']What great timing for the new grif hopper...Shit! I'm going to florida for a few days to check out some spring training action and thus, will not be able to play grifball until probably next wednesday night. So, ColHotShot, obviously feel free to adjust the CAG team roster matrix accordingly.

I will still be playing tonight, however, just to see what i can build on (read: lots of betrayals) from the other day.[/quote]

Where in Florida Ketch? I live in Melbourne, FL myself.

~HotShotX

Can i please play with you guys.... I want to play grifball more than anything and no one will play with me. and it makes me very sad face. Gamertag Kevin Hossner please invite me ill play/practice whenever.

Good luck in the tournament, Team Cheap Ass Gamer. I'll be off the grid for the next several days and therefore will not be able to benefit from the solid play of others while I accidentally kill my own teammates. All I gotta say is Thank Buddha FullMetal is on our side.

bread's done
Back