Jim Rome sucks

Trancendental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I didn't know who this guy was but his show comes on my area, I listened once and it stinks. He's a pompous ass.

I don't agree with what Jim Everett did but can't say Rome didn't have it coming

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8&feature=related[/MEDIA]

[quote name='camoor']True. I just thought it was funny.[/quote]
The video will continue to be funny for a long time.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Whatever you say....Camoorina[/quote]

:rofl:

Like I said - I dont agree with what Everett did, but Rome is such an ass in so many other ways - like how he calls the listeners clones WTF is that.

1. This thread has been done countless times.
2. If you knew anything about football or sports in general, you would know "Chris Everett" is a bigger puss than Jim Rome.
3. I think the video is funny as hell.
4. Rome Rocks.

He understands if you're not onboard right away. Give it two weeks. If you still don't like it at that point...give it another two weeks.

It's an up-and-down show anymore, from week to week, from day to day, and from segment to segment. Nevertheless, he (and most of his vacation week subs) keeps it energetic if not necessarily always entertaining.

And so many of the "clones" are basically the 'future' versions of jackasses on XBL that now obsess over athletes who don't care about anything but their financial support and the nomenclature of "The Jungle". Oh, and calling out each other. It sure as hell beats Rush and his hate sermons. Not to mention pretty much every local morning show and/or sports tool(s).

First several times you listen you won't like him as he kinda grows on you like that. I still usually listen to ESPN radio during that time slot but will flip on Rome just to check out what he's spitting about and of course to hear the guests. He gets all the heavy hitters so it's hard not to listen.

Kellerman and Rome are both terrible. Terrible.

I'm a Colin Cowherd fan myself. I was a Sportsbash/Eric Kuselius fan too before he jumped to doing a NASCAR show on ESPN tv.

Cowherd sucks.. he always talks about the East Coast Bias in the US, meanwhile he is mr West Coast.. of course I haven't listened to him since 2005.

Jim Rome and his clones suck. All it is is a clusterfuck of who tries to be more witty on his radio show.

I have an ESPN Insider susbcription. Cowherd's attitude has mellowed somewhat. I even called in to his show once to talk about the Michael Vick situation. I can tolerate his show more now. I like Mike and Mike and I really enjoy the Mike Tirico Show.

I like listening to Steve Czaban on Fox Sports Radio the most though.

I'm disappointed every time Rome is Burning comes on, and he is not actually being set on fire.

I used to be a clone for some years, but after a while its just more of the same. I'm leaning more towards the programming on FSR these days.

The Everett but was damn funny, though!

[quote name='hohez']I'm disappointed every time Rome is Burning comes on, and he is not actually being set on fire.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Kellerman and Rome are both terrible. Terrible.

I'm a Colin Cowherd fan myself. I was a Sportsbash/Eric Kuselius fan too before he jumped to doing a NASCAR show on ESPN tv.[/quote]

Colin Cowherd is awesome. He's probably my favorite national show on ESPN Radio behind the locals out here (We have 2 or 3 really good local shows out here. I really wish that you could DL them as podcasts or something....)

Personally, and this might be just me, but I can't stand Mike and Mike. They just irk me...I find them highly presumptive and quite elitist actually. It doesn't help that I'm not really a fan of their voices. Good thing that since I'm West Coast I don't here them since they're on way too early here.

Mike Tirico is pretty good as well.

[quote name='hohez']I'm disappointed every time Rome is Burning comes on, and he is not actually being set on fire.[/QUOTE]

This. Biggest d-bag in sports talk, period.

Cowherd is tolerable...sometimes. When he goes off on a life tangent and frequently doesn't know what he's talking about, you want to turn it off.

ESPN gave Tirico a radio show simply for the amount of times he can work in the promos. He's hardly ever there, it's actually a better show with the fill-ins.

Dan Patrick was the best, with Mike & Mike close behind.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']

Cowherd is tolerable...sometimes. When he goes off on a life tangent and frequently doesn't know what he's talking about, you want to turn it off.

[/quote]

Agreed. He does that a lot, and tends to repeat the same ideas over and over for like a 5-10 minute period before he moves to the next thing.

I thought Dan Patrick was passable at best. He would have long pauses of dead air where you could tell he was trying to think of something to say. I couldn't stand when Olbermann was on with him. Olbermann thinks he is a comedian and Dan Patrick would try to keep up. It was painful.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']This. Biggest d-bag in sports talk, period.

ESPN gave Tirico a radio show simply for the amount of times he can work in the promos. He's hardly ever there, it's actually a better show with the fill-ins.

Dan Patrick was the best, with Mike & Mike close behind.[/quote]

I'd say Dan Patrick and Tony Kornheiser were the best that ESPN has had. I used to love listening to his show in the morning here and was at one point a fiercely devoted listener in the mornings. He actually made me turn on the radio when I was listening to my Ipod more.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Agreed. He does that a lot, and tends to repeat the same ideas over and over for like a 5-10 minute period before he moves to the next thing.
[/quote]

Cowherd is painful to listen to most of the time. He constantly goes on pointless tangents such as "how much people should tip waitresses" or some other takes on social issues... and other crap I don't care about while trying to listen to sports radio.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Kellerman and Rome are both terrible. Terrible.

I'm a Colin Cowherd fan myself. I was a Sportsbash/Eric Kuselius fan too before he jumped to doing a NASCAR show on ESPN tv.[/quote]Yes, I prefer Cowherd, a guy who accuses dead baseball players of taking steroids (Kirby Puckett) and said that Eddie Guerrero didn't deserve to be talked about after he died.

I liked Kornheiser.. Steve Czaben makes me laugh consistently in the morning.. Mike and Mike is okay but not nearly as funny...Mark Madden plays up to the crowd and comes out like a heel to get more people to listen.. he'll say stuff like 'Barry Bonds left Pittsburgh because the racism in the town wanted Andy Van Slyke'.. He has his moments but he basically tries to get under people's skin..

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Yes, I prefer Cowherd, a guy who accuses dead baseball players of taking steroids (Kirby Puckett) and said that Eddie Guerrero didn't deserve to be talked about after he died.[/quote]

he also spends weeks, almost a month on SB XL.. because his beloved Seahawks lost

I really liked Dan Patrick and Kornheiser. Both shows were hilarious. Patrick's dry humor was great with Dibble.

It took me awhile to like Jim Rome, but now he is very entertaining. I don't get to listen to him often. Jacksonville mostly has local sports talk on both stations, but I do enjoy some of the shows since they talk about football and the Jags 99% of the time.

bread's done
Back