Hair-line crack in iPhone screen :-[

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Hmm, I'm not sure how this happened. I dropped the phone once, but that was 3+ months ago. It's a tiny little crack in the screen, somewhat in the middle, that can be seen when the screen is white.

Anyone have any experiences with this? I tried doing a search and didn't find too much on tiny cracks.

[quote name='xmrblondex']take it to the apple store?[/QUOTE]

Yea I might, but from looking online it looks like they will charge 200.00 to fix it.

I've seen videos of people getting cracks in their screens, but I don't know if there's anything you can do besides get it replaced (through Apple).

You don't/didn't have phone insurance? I think it'd be covered under that, right?

If you can't really notice it, and it works properly, I'd just ignore it. Spending $200 would be insane for something so small.

[quote name='Rig']You don't/didn't have phone insurance? I think it'd be covered under that, right?[/QUOTE]

According to AT&T, iPhones are excluded from insurance plans.

If you don't want to pay the $200, your best bet is to live with it. Sounds like it's not a major issue and definitely not worth spending $200 over.

Is there a protective glass layer over the actual screen (being a touch screen and all)? Maybe you could just replace that portion or if it's part of the shell then the whole thing.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']According to AT&T, iPhones are excluded from insurance plans.

If you don't want to pay the $200, your best bet is to live with it. Sounds like it's not a major issue and definitely not worth spending $200 over.[/quote]

Oh.

I actually have an iPhone, but am extremely careful with my stuff, so never looked into it.

i got a crack on mine too...dropped it a bunch of times on carpet with no issue, and one time in the kitchen on the tile floor which caused this hairline scratch.

read somewhere to use a little toothpaste on a wet shirt since it wont smoke/blur your screen like some scratch removers. I did that to mine which made the ends of the scratch look better but still there.

nothing you can do about it tbh, just going to have to live with it. if its that bothersome wait for the next iphone to release and upgrade to it.

If its in the actual LCD, you could always just get a replacement screen and fix it yourself. Check ebay, there are loads of em on there, with the tools to take it apart and fix it. It usually isn't too bad to do (in general at least, I have fixed three phones, but none were iphones).

Hope this gives ya some direction.

the dropping of the phone could have started the crack but it was so small that it was hard to notice at first. As time went by, the use of the screen and the pressing of it, the crack eventually got bigger to what you see now.

Yea I would look into a replacement screen on Ebay or whatever.

bread's done
Back