In a classroom, where do you normally sit

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
So, the question of this thread is when you are in a classroom (or a big room with a lot of chairs/tables), where do you typically sit? I'm talking about the normal setup, where all desks/tables/chairs face the front, but got back a few or several rows.

For me, I always sit in the front of the room. I sit in the front because I can see much better, focus and pay attention more, and hopefully I get to know the Professor/TA/teacher better so I get on their good side. While I'm also in front, I like to sit near the stairway, since I don't feel comfortable being surrounded and it's easier for me to leave at the end. I don't sit in the back because I feel like I'm lost in class, cannot exactly see too well in the back, making it too hard to pay attention.

So, where do you typically sit? Doesn't have to just be classroom, but church session, or maybe even a theater watching a play.

In the back cause I have perfect vision, and I always liked folding pieces of paper up and slinging 'em at TheManaKnight's in the front of the class. : )

When I was in college I always sat in the back because I was taller than everyone else and would block people's view sometimes.

All through law school I sat in the back row on the end. Getting to know the professor is a waste of time since all testing is anonymous.

[quote name='javeryh']All through law school I sat in the back row on the end. Getting to know the professor is a waste of time since all testing is anonymous.[/QUOTE]You must of had very big classes, although the Professor in most all my classes knew my name, because I'd be the one answering most all the questions and correcting their mistakes. ;)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You must of had very big classes, although the Professor in most all my classes knew my name, because I'd be the one answering most all the questions and correcting their mistakes. ;)[/quote]

Not really. There were about 65-70 people in each class on average which was like a third of the size of a college lecture.

I sit mostly in the back, im near the door for those 4-6 hour classes and its less distracting when i get up to go out and get some fresh air or something to drink.

And the desks they used at my college are like 70 years old, tiny as hell and me being tall as well only makes me look awkward trying to sit and work in a desk that i could lift with a broken pinky finger, and make so much damn squeaking noise that drives me batshit crazy.

I almost always sit in the front. I learn best by paying attention in class, and understanding what the teacher says right then and there. If I sit in the back I get distracted .

I usually sat around the middle on the side farthest from the door, which seems kind of odd to me now, since I take the aisle seat at the movies so I feel less claustrophobic.

Always in the back. Then I can fart around on my laptop without causing too much of a ruckus. In some rooms the last row is actually back against the wall, so I can lean back and rest against it, which is another bonus.

Look over the room and find a spot thats hardest to see/has least light. You get away with doing less if they don't notice your not working.

I sit in the very front of the class. As in, when the teacher comes in, I tell them to GTFO, I will be teaching the class from now on and assume their position. They still get paid, so they don't sweat it, but I wouldn't want my fellow students to suffer from poor teaching and mistakes when I'm already there you know?

I am 25 and just got my B.A. in December and I can't stand sitting in classrooms. Back row or hiding in the the corner for me.

used to always be up front in high school, but now in college im usually in the dark back corner, either away or by the door, brooding and comely :)

On the left side, towards the front.

In lecture halls, only the seats on the left isle have the desk on the opposite side for lefties like me. Towards the front because I sometimes can't hear very well.

Sometimes right-handers would take the lefty desks, then bitch about the desk being on the 'wrong' side, but still not move even though damn near every other spot in the room was for rightys.

Makes me mad just thinking about it.:bomb:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']You must of had very big classes, although the Professor in most all my classes knew my name, because I'd be the one answering most all the questions and correcting their mistakes. ;)[/quote]

I hope that's a joke..

I generally sit somewhere near the front, so I don't draw, and I can see and hear everything.

Back, need power for the laptop. I do my accounting work online, so i sit there and do it while the teacher has the answers up on the projector.:lol:

I always sit in the middle for the first few weeks. If the professor is good, I will move up. If the professor is bad, I will just move all the way to the back so I can read the textbook instead.

All the way in the back. My profs prolly think I'm a bad kid because of that and the fact that I really don't pay attention, but I end up with high A's on most tests, so whateva.

I don't really have a preference depth wise, but I always sit on the right side so I can lean on the armrest and still look at the teacher without having to turn my head awkwardly.

Always near the door. I like to be the last kid in and the first kid out. Usually the doors are near the front.

In the middle, but usually on the far left or right side. I used to sit in the back but sitting closer to the front prevents me from doing stupid shit on my laptop during the entire class.

Behind the lectern. ;)

Man, I've been in seminar classes for so long I can't remember where I sat in traditional classrooms. I do know that I am that kind of jerk who makes you crawl out of the dark back corner of the room if there's nobody within ten feet of you.

[quote name='red flare graf']Dude, I was gonna say that. fuck.[/QUOTE]I can't really say that for the classes I take because classes I take usually have 0-3 girls total, in my major or relation to my major.

[quote name='Synergy']I hope that's a joke.[/QUOTE]Nope, in my C++ programming class for an example. I have a huge passion for programming and absolutely love the stuff. I'd have my hand up for every question, and sometimes I got too excited I slipped it out loud. My instructor made numerous programming errors (or sometimes typed something like it was C, or VB in C++, and I'd tell her). But then again, this instructor knew me well since I had her for other classes. Yeah, I'm usually the one people hate in a classroom. :p It's funny because people will approach me asking if I'm "insert my name", and I say yeah. They all know me because of how I am in classes.

I usually got to class about 5 seconds before the teacher did or sometimes after so I just sat wherever was open...which was usually the front :cry:

I usually sit in the back, mainly because that's where the door is. I like to be able to slip in and slip out. The back rows are usually higher up, so the instructors can quickly see me if I need to ask a question.

I also like to be able to goof off and draw/write when I'm bored.

Usually near the front, either because I'm a tall jerk and I enjoyed obstructing the view of one or two people, or because that was the only area with available seats/desks since I was chronically late to class in college.

If I like the class the middle near a wall, if not then the back close to the door (90% of my classes had the doors in the back).

[quote name='mykevermin']I do know that I am that kind of jerk who makes you crawl out of the dark back corner of the room if there's nobody within ten feet of you.[/quote]

LOL that reminds me of my spanish teacher in high school. On the first day of class I chose a seat in the back of the classroom, but she made everybody in the back row move to the front, and she kept that as the seating chart for the whole semester!

Teacher 1
Slackers 0

:lol:

It depends on what type of class it is. If you are asked to take notes off of the board or a projector, then I need to sit up front so I can see. If everything is spoken out loud, then I can sit anywhere. I usually like to sit on the perimeter, though. Having people on every side is uncomfortable.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']LOL that reminds me of my spanish teacher in high school. On the first day of class I chose a seat in the back of the classroom, but she made everybody in the back row move to the front, and she kept that as the seating chart for the whole semester!

Teacher 1
Slackers 0

:lol:[/QUOTE]I had a Prof. who did that once during some test. It pissed me off because I just don't feel comfortable in the back.

That reminds me, for my Electrical Power & Controls class, we had the class in a room but switched. I had an assign seat near the front which was fine. When we switched rooms, the layout was different and I was thrown to the very back row. I was extremely pissed because from that distance, I could not see crap and we had to do tons of notetaking for the class. Thankfully, I talked to the Professor and got my seat switched to the front.

And no my eyes aren't bad because I doubt anyone could see back that far without problems. I had 3 other classes in that room ever since, and I continued sitting in that same seat (at the very front on the edge, only student who sat THAT close). I like the edge because I feel uncomfortable surrounded by two people.

[quote name='Rocko'] I hate being in the middle of anything.[/quote]

Even two women?

And everyone should always sit near the windows or doors that way when the gunmen comes you can run.

Umm well I am home schooled, so this doesn't really apply to me. However whenever I am sitting in a hall for whatever reason, I sit in the front.

I have the same classroom for all of my Biology classes so I sit in the back row in the chair I have gotten broken in over 2 years. It's by the window and the door so I can watch people going down the hall and people walking outside.

Another perk to the spot is its hard for the teacher to see that spot so I can sleep without being noticed.

Before I would sit whatever is closest to the door so I could go outside and argue with my girlfriend at the time. Good times. :lol:

Now most of my classes are online except my fire training class thats on site at the training center so we mostly stand.

In the front ( can't really see shit ). I'd prefer the back....that makes it easier to note do shit.

I'm pretty shy. When I have a choice, I like to be as out of sight as possible. If there's a really empty crowd at a lecture or something though, I feel bad for the speaker and make an effort to sit towards the front to fill in the empty chairs.

bread's done
Back