Extra $5 trade in credit for Mario Kart Wii GameStop

poet17eric

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I went to two of my local GameStop today and saw these laying around. If you have a cheap Wii game to get rid of and want Mario Kart Wii, this could be worth it. What the "exclusions" are, I cannot say.

Combined with the 10% off coupon, you would get $10 off plus whatever your game is worth. I traded in SSX Blur for $10, plus this $5. Plus I hope to get 10% off later, making Mario Kart mine for only $30 plus tax.

I doubt this would be YMMV. Maybe others can give a shout out for their locations. My two stores were in Vernon Hills and Deerfield, IL.

One side:
5dollarsfront.jpg

And the other side:
5dollarsback.jpg

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']This doesn't have a release date yet, does it?[/quote]

Probably not, in typical Gamestop/EB fashion of trying to get you to reserve a game such as NCAA Football 2012

[quote name='darkcecil32']I think it's late april, last i checked ign...[/quote]

Yeah, IGN and a couple of online retailers (CDUniverse and one other I forget) each have April 28...but I don't think there's been any proper 'announcement' about the US date yet, other than Q2.

Either way, I'm definitely jumping on this once we get a bit more info on it (the game I want to trade just came out a few weeks ago, but it's one of those infamous Data Design $19.99 shovelware titles, so I wonder if it's eligible).

Are there even any Wii games that are worth less than $1 trade in? That might be why there's no policy on the coupon.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']Probably not, in typical Gamestop/EB fashion of trying to get you to reserve a game such as NCAA Football 2012[/quote]

EB games: Now taking preorders for Duke Nukem Forever 2

I gave them a call about the "exclusions" that it mentioned. The guy had no idea and told me just to look at their website (which says nothing) or take in the game to see if the computer scans it with the coupon. Maybe it would be best to call them and have them scan in their copy of the game you plan to bring in to save you the trip.

[quote name='MrDubbs']WOW, I didn't even know they were releasing Mario Kart for the Wii, guess I should have expected it though[/quote]

Wow are you serious?? Don't you check out any gaming news websites? This was every where when GDC was going on. Heck even the Nintendo website has vids of people playing it.

[quote name='nazrad']now is it $5 per game? Or is it 1 $5 bonus per transaction?[/quote]

It is an extra $5 per one transaction (as I understand it) towards Mario Kart Wii. I doubt they would let you get $5 per game you traded in.

[quote name='poet17eric']It is an extra $5 per one transaction (as I understand it) towards Mario Kart Wii. I doubt they would let you get $5 per game you traded in.[/QUOTE]

Make multiple reservations for the extra $5 and then consolidate, eh?

[quote name='NoLimitz80']Wow are you serious?? Don't you check out any gaming news websites? This was every where when GDC was going on. Heck even the Nintendo website has vids of people playing it.[/quote]

Honestly I don't. However, I did expect Mario Kart to be released. I mean who didn't. I just wasn't expecting it next month.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Honestly I don't. However, I did expect Mario Kart to be released. I mean who didn't. I just wasn't expecting it next month.[/quote]
Don't be surprised if it is delayed. I'm not actually expecting it to be released until late summer, but who knows.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Honestly I don't. However, I did expect Mario Kart to be released. I mean who didn't. I just wasn't expecting it next month.[/quote]

Well thats cool. I just assume that people that come to cheap ass gamer kind of stay abreast on games that are coming out and look at video game news sites. My bad for putting that label on people that visit here.

[quote name='NoLimitz80']Well thats cool. I just assume that people that come to cheap ass gamer kind of stay abreast on games that are coming out and look at video game news sites. My bad for putting that label on people that visit here.[/quote]

Naw it's cool, I understand where it would come from. Honestly, I used to be that way. I'd keep up with all the new games, no when things were comming out etc. After the Blockbuster I worked at closed, that passion went with it I guess. Because since then I havne't really looked much into things like that.

But speaking of that, I wonder when and if the Golden Axe game is comming out..

Anyway back to topic.

I found that coupon in the Gamestop @ Gainesville, FL. I tried to trade in Red Steel (which is acceptable for such a shitty game) and the deal starts tomorrow (March 8)

I’m not sure what to think of this game. I’m listening to IGN’s Wii-k in review right now. They seem a little down on the game. Mario Kart on the N64 is one of my favorite games of all time. I didn’t really care for the Gamecube version and may skip the Wii version all together.

I dont understand the deal so pretty much your only getting $5 off? Arent they still doing the trade 2 wii/360/ps3 games & get $10 extra on the trade...Wouldn't this be better as you can find cheap 360 games...

I tried to trade in Link's Crossbow Training with this offer but was denied. The game trades in for $1 but the system did not allow the bonus $5 to be tacked on for the Mario Kart reservation.

[quote name='djkunai']Oh shit. This is godly. Can anyone confirm/deny their $1 policy on this?[/quote]
I don't get it. How is this godly exactly? Do you have an abundance of $1 trade-in Wii games that you couldn't get more than $6 for elsewhere and end up with cash rather than credit locked to one store? Even Link's Crossbow Training (which has now been confirmed to not work) would get you about $10 on half/ebay/amazon/craigslist.

Wii games have relatively high value and are in high demand right now regardless of the title, so selling any of them for $6 is foolish. This deal is actually better for higher-valued trade in games, but it's still not better than unloading your Wii games elsewhere.

Ya, I was able to trade in Wii Play (w/o remote of course) for $9 store credit, then got this, for an extra $5. Which means I got about $13.99 more for Wii Play than it's actually worth.

[quote name='TheGamingGuy']Ya, I was able to trade in Wii Play (w/o remote of course) for $9 store credit, then got this, for an extra $5. Which means I got about $13.99 more for Wii Play than it's actually worth.[/quote]
I can't bitch about this one. That's a smart move, and more than you could usually get elsewhere. I kind of want to do this, but we play the shooting range game a lot still.

bread's done
Back