Super Smash Bros Brawl is out in LA...

jdmeyes

CAG Veteran
I thought u should know... If u live in the LA area, a small local shop named Gameplay on Venice broke street date and is currently selling them. When I was there last, I saw stacks of them in the back. There were a huge line of people waiting for them, fyi.

This will happen with any small chain store or mom and pop store especially. It happened with GH3, Halo, and Rockband. If you want it now, go to any local mom and pop store that sells video games and see if they will give it to you.

Often they will charge a small premium to have it a few days early.

BTW, they're not charging a premium, and usually small stores get shafted by the giants like Gamestop...

[quote name='RVDFrog']Phone number of the store so I can verify I'm guaranteed a copy before I head out.[/quote]

Google is your friend.

Game Play
10937 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Phone: (310) 842-7776

Hahaha, that's 5 minutes away from my office. What's this about people lined up for it, though? Has word spread through the Culver City ghetto grapevine already?

They are already on ebay with some ending in an hour or so, so they have been on there for atleast 23 hours.

[quote name='yzass69']They are already on ebay with some ending in an hour or so, so they have been on there for atleast 23 hours.[/quote]

:roll:

Typical, especially since those people won't even get it until Saturday, IF that.

anyone know store hours or if they still have it in stock? (i can't get through, their phone line is busy)

edit: got one, it seems like they have plenty left too (i didn't reserve btw)

lol i work there my friend over at EA told me you guys posted it here im very upset over it now everyone and their momma gonna start calling yeah we sold all our copies today. but that dosent mean we wont get more well have more tomorrow. about noon or soo.

we are having a tournament on sunday its gonna be huge and we are having like a huge pay out. 70% of the cash pool. and believe me we have alot of people already signed up!!!

Yeah let us know if you can sk8er. i have school until 1 but i can be there by 1:30-1:45 if you guys are getting some more in

we are always open from 10 to 10 soo yeah.. and we are getting alot of copies today more than yesterday. just go jump on the smash brothers train and get it we currently have 200 copies im not there but i just talked to my co worker. we will be getting more today too.

Yep, I just got two copies, and they still had a grip left. They received some today and were still going to receive more! Daily shipments as well through Sunday, so head out.

[quote name='yukafls']Damn, Nintendo still has not given that store hell yet?[/QUOTE]

They have no recourse against the store. Now against the distributor, that's a whole different issue.

Well that, and since Sears broke street date LAST week, it provides for some sliding opportunities for stores like these. That and perhaps because this store is actually a small corp. that is based in Japan, I think their release date applies to them. I had a minor conversation about this with them, but not into too much detail.

Told my friend at UCLA about the deal and he literally went "OKAY" and was offline and out the door in a minute.

Meanwhile, I have to wait til tomorrow. ;(

I rented one for my brother who has a Wii, but I don't think he fully grasps the concept of getting it early, or it being an awesome game. I still don't think he's played it yet. He's in there playing Halo 2 campaign right now.

[quote name='Sakabadger']Told my friend at UCLA about the deal and he literally went "OKAY" and was offline and out the door in a minute.

Meanwhile, I have to wait til tomorrow. ;([/quote]

saka, who's your friends at ucla? i go to school there too, maybe i've played him/her already haha

Got mine last night. Gameplay was about a half hour away but it was worth every second. This game is just absolutely amazing. Already logged over 12 hours on it.

bread's done
Back