Contest for Fossil watch and gift card

Thanks OP. Love my Fossil watch, and get lots of complements on it... but DAMN are they expensive. So another free one would be mint!

[quote name='Liquid Identity']Thanks OP. Love my Fossil watch, and get lots of complements on it... but DAMN are they expensive. So another free one would be mint![/quote]

$80-100 is expensive?! Ever see the price of a swiss made watch? Or how about a rolex? Tiffany's has swiss made watches that can't be had for less then $3 or 4 thousand and Rolex's go easily for upwards of $10,000.

Signed up, but if I win it will probably sit on the dresser w/ my other 2 fossil watches and collect dust.

I swear my Fossil is bulletproof. I bought it 8 years ago and have been diving with it in a few oceans since then, she's scratched up and the edge is starting to wear down to a gold-ish color (originally brushed silver). Love it. Would really enjoy a Fossil that I can wear with suits and dress clothes.

In other words, Thanks OP!

[quote name='Dual45s']I swear my Fossil is bulletproof. I bought it 8 years ago and have been diving with it in a few oceans since then, she's scratched up and the edge is starting to wear down to a gold-ish color (originally brushed silver). Love it. Would really enjoy a Fossil that I can wear with suits and dress clothes.

In other words, Thanks OP![/quote]

I have been snorkling and swimming w/ both of mine. Both of them have bad batteries and I was told that if you get the batttery replaced they are no longer water proof. Is this true? I think if you send it in and get it replaced then they will reseal it any help.

[quote name='fly4rabbi']I have been snorkling and swimming w/ both of mine. Both of them have bad batteries and I was told that if you get the batttery replaced they are no longer water proof. Is this true? I think if you send it in and get it replaced then they will reseal it any help.[/quote]

I replaced the battery before going on my honeymoon in Jamaica, and went snorkeling there. I didn't experience any issues. That being said, I haven't been diving (SCUBA) since I changed the battery, and your watch model may differ. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to go full on diving with mine, and plan to.

EDIT: I also just took it to one of those kiosks in the mall, I didn't send it back to Fossil. When they had it open, I also didn't notice any sort of plastic or rubber seal, so I don't know how simply opening it would take away from the water resistance.

[quote name='fly4rabbi']I have been snorkling and swimming w/ both of mine. Both of them have bad batteries and I was told that if you get the batttery replaced they are no longer water proof. Is this true? I think if you send it in and get it replaced then they will reseal it any help.[/QUOTE]

Any compentent watchmaker would be able to change the battery for you and make sure the rubber o ring is regreased and sealed in properly. There are tools to check for water resistance (dry and/or wet tests). You don't have to send it in to the factory but I'm sure it would be better for any warranty issues.

[quote name='Dual45s']

EDIT: I also just took it to one of those kiosks in the mall, I didn't send it back to Fossil. When they had it open, I also didn't notice any sort of plastic or rubber seal, so I don't know how simply opening it would take away from the water resistance.[/QUOTE]

There has to be a rubber o-ring or else the water resistance would be nil. There are even o-rings in the crown where you set the time.

[quote name='spidey']
There has to be a rubber o-ring or else the water resistance would be nil. There are even o-rings in the crown where you set the time.[/quote]

And that makes perfect sense, I'm just saying that I didn't notice anything of the sort during a cursory glance.

bread's done
Back