The New Play-Asia Coupon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
***All activity here has been moved to the social group: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=451

It's open to anyone, as long as you are a CAG that is signed in. Hopefully this will cut down on the lurker issue.***

Seeing as we had two active threads running, both have been shut down and replaced by this one. There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.
  • If you have a code to share, post it here
  • If you use a posted code, make a post stating such
  • PM'ing codes in exchange for your personal affiliate link is against the rules of CAG
  • This also includes people who post outside links, either their affiliate link, or to other websites that connect to their affiliate links
  • Anyone caught doing this will face action, up to and including banishment. This is now a Zero Tolerance Policy
Support CAG by using the following Affiliate Link:
Play-Asia

And thanks in advance to those who share with the rest!

[quote name='CheapyD']
Q: Can I post my own Affiliate Links or other web site's Affiliate Links? Why not?
A: No. Other sites usually do not allow you to post your own advertisements and this is no different. Just as I don't ask the users to help pay the costs of running this site, it is only fair that I don't host your ads at my expense. While an individual may eventually be able to procure a free game or two by posting their affiliate links here, this is how I keep the site running, pay for site improvements, and put food on my table. Running this site is my full-time job and I do not have any other source of income.

I do not make exceptions to this rule because it would be too confusing to allow it in some situations and not in others. If you receive any enjoyment or benefit from using this free web site, hopefully you can respect and understand this decision.
[/quote]

[quote name='moukamla']

$5 off $50: Comes with almost every purchase from Play-Asia, together with the goods in the form of a piece of paper.

$8 off $50: Emailed to you from Play-Asia during festive seasons (e.g. this holiday season)

$12 off $100: Same as $8 off $50 coupon

$10 off $100: Given away as a promotion by StrikeBang.com. But the promotion has ended.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just surfing play-asia and planning to spend about $120, but would really appreciate if a coupon is applicable. Thanks all!

I bought a crap ton of stuff during their New Years sale and they sent me two coupons. I only used one on Railfan Taiwan so the other is up for grabs.

$5 off $50 exp Apr.12
YR-GEL-AYE

Please post when used.

Let's get this going... $5 off $50, expires 4/28:

IW-HMI-DLC

Please post when used. Also, they split my last order into three shipments (woo?), so I should have a couple more coming soon.

[quote name='sp00ge']There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.

• PM'ing codes in exchange for your personal affiliate link is against the rules of CAG
  • This also includes people who post outside links, either their affiliate link, or to other websites that connect to their affiliate links
  • Anyone caught doing this will face action, up to and including banishment. This is now a Zero Tolerance Policy
[/quote]
I appreciate these new terms and hope that they will be enforced. I don't like the excessive BUMPing by some people in those threads that have blogs, links in their sigs or etcetera devoted to affiliate Play Asia links. Not only that.... but as I did a Google search for "coupon code", I noticed that some regular affiliate posters actually post on other threads requesting Play Asia coupon codes and even noticed that some of those posts on other forums were the same post - word for word - like they just cut and paste those posts on all the "request a coupon code" boards.

Will anyone kind enough to give me a $10 coupon? Thanks.

Update: Nevermind. I found out that I could not add coupon code even if I were to add more stuff to my existing order.

[quote name='sp00ge']Seeing as we had two active threads running, both have been shut down and replaced by this one. There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.
  • If you have a code to share, post it here
  • If you use a posted code, make a post stating such
Support CAG by using the following Affiliate Link:
Play-Asia

And thanks in advance to those who share with the rest![/quote]

Well honestly I dont find anything bad in Exchanging code for affiliate link, its a symbiotic relation.

I have a few codes from my last purchases that I don't think I'm going to use before they expire. Both are 5 off of 50.

BF-IWZ-JTG
AS-ZXI-EQA

[quote name='Chaztin']Well honestly I dont find anything bad in Exchanging code for affiliate link, its a symbiotic relation.[/quote]

Indeed. Help-me-help-you, so to speak.

[quote name='SizoR']Indeed. Help-me-help-you, so to speak.[/quote]

Yes and this will encourage ppl in getting coupon frm here and using it smwer else by exchanging their affiliate link tehre..

Got some coupons I'm not going to use:

FM-PNR-UPL - $5 Off $50 expires March 23rd

HQ-XMF-CAI - $5 Off $50 expires March 29th

Make sure to post if you used.

Don't forget to use the CAG Play Asia link so Cheapy gets credit.

[quote name='Chaztin']Well honestly I dont find anything bad in Exchanging code for affiliate link, its a symbiotic relation.[/quote]

[quote name='SizoR']Indeed. Help-me-help-you, so to speak.[/quote]

[quote name='Chaztin']Yes and this will encourage ppl in getting coupon frm here and using it smwer else by exchanging their affiliate link tehre..[/quote]

Of course, the only people complaining about this new enforcement are the newbs that profit off of AF links, and have no other activity on CAG. Other long time members are agreeing with this new enforcement. Had you guys taken the time to read the FAQ, it's against the rules that have been set long before I even joined CAG.

As a refresher, here's the AF link section of the FAQ:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=cag_faq_item#faq_affiliate_links

And it appears that simply sharing and helping others is encouragement enough, as 9 codes have already been posted since this thread started 9 hours ago, one by CheapyD himself.

If you guys have an issue with this, then don't post here anymore, simple as that. You've done nothing but leech off of the userbase anyhow.

[quote name='sp00ge']Of course, the only people complaining about this new enforcement are the newbs that profit off of AF links, and have no other activity on CAG. Other long time members are agreeing with this new enforcement. Had you guys taken the time to read the FAQ, it's against the rules that have been set long before I even joined CAG.

As a refresher, here's the AF link section of the FAQ:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=cag_faq_item#faq_affiliate_links

And it appears that simply sharing and helping others is encouragement enough, as 9 codes have already been posted since this thread started 9 hours ago, one by CheapyD himself.

If you guys have an issue with this, then don't post here anymore, simple as that. You've done nothing but leech off of the userbase anyhow. [/quote]

Now here Mr. Mod you are being lil rude,

CAG, the title itself suggests ppl wanna get codes here,

we didnt leech anything...we GAVE code for link...thats simbiotic..not LEECH.

I will stay member of CAG and keep posting CODES every now and then without the link, I dont mind that.

I know and read ur policy in advance but I read everyone was giving aff links so i also game em.

And yes once again I wld say,

GIVE n TAKE relation is never LEECHING, we gv $10 coupon n hardly get $5 benifit, now guess whos a leech.

Thanks.

[quote name='Chaztin']Now here Mr. Mod you are being lil rude,

CAG, the title itself suggests ppl wanna get codes here,

we didnt leech anything...we GAVE code for link...thats simbiotic..not LEECH.

I will stay member of CAG and keep posting CODES every now and then without the link, I dont mind that.

I know and read ur policy in advance but I read everyone was giving aff links so i also game em.

And yes once again I wld say,

GIVE n TAKE relation is never LEECHING, we gv $10 coupon n hardly get $5 benifit, now guess whos a leech.

Thanks.[/quote]

Honestly, I'm not being rude. I'm just telling it how it is. Only two people have complained about this, you and SiZoR. I'm expecting Malchir to chime in as well, but that doesn't matter. The point is, the only people complaining are the ones who have been profiting off of this.

Regardless of how you view it, you KNOWINGLY broke the rules, by your own admission. A few other people were trading AF links, that is true, but many more were still just giving them away by posting them in the thread. So saying you were going with the crowd is no excuse.

Anyways, the AF linking ends here. If you want to share your codes, it is very much welcome by the community. And by using the CAG AF link in the OP, you help keep this place up and running, complete with the contests and giveaways.

I posted this in the other thread, but no one ever said that they used it. Therefore I don't know if it has been used or not, but I didn't want it to just be lost in case no one has used it, so here it is again. Please post if you use it, or if you find that it has already been used:

Here's a $5 off $50 that expires 4/24/08 that I won't be able to use:

WT-BDN-DGS

Post if you use it.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Got some coupons I'm not going to use:

HQ-XMF-CAI - $5 Off $50 expires March 29th

[/QUOTE]

And Cheapy credited. :)

Thanks for the code!

I really do not get why people want to stop people from sharing codes. Is it to protect the owner of this site from losing his own sales?

This affiliate link thing is confusing and if anything they are helping us save money.

I do not see where we the Cheap Ass Gamers are losing out anything other then access to more coupon codes.

Just my 2 cents.

Just seems retarded.

Helped me save 10 dollars

[quote name='Ksinclair']I really do not get why people want to stop people from sharing codes. Is it to protect the owner of this site from losing his own sales?

This affiliate link thing is confusing and if anything they are helping us save money.

I do not see where we the Cheap Ass Gamers are losing out anything other then access to more coupon codes.

Just my 2 cents.

Just seems retarded.

Helped me save 10 dollars[/quote]

The main 3 people who have been sharing codes were doing it for the sheer profit they receive from every person that buys under their link, under the guise of helping people. This is against the site rules and goes against the nature of things around here. These same people have only been around for a month or two and have only posted in the related threads, to make money.

Even without those users posting their codes, there have been a ton of shared coupons in the past 21 hours, only slightly less than with their "contributions."

And yes, as said earlier, by using the link in the OP, your purchases go to keep this site running and keep the contests and giveaways coming.

Not to go against this site or anything.

But it seems like a iffy move.

Like when my husband sold video games and a rival site started slandering his good name on the forums and it spread to the net to where it became such a huge false legend.

Why not defeat the purpose and just use the coupon codes without using the affiliate links.

Its not like they are holding us hostage.

[quote name='Ksinclair']Why not defeat the purpose and just use the coupon codes without using the affiliate links.

Its not like they are holding us hostage.[/quote]

While there's no real obligation to use affiliate links, it gives coupon-posters incentive to keep the coupons flowing, and it's a nice way of showing your appreciation for someone who just helped you save $5/$10.

[quote name='sp00ge']The main 3 people who have been sharing codes were doing it for the sheer profit they receive from every person that buys under their link, under the guise of helping people. This is against the site rules and goes against the nature of things around here. These same people have only been around for a month or two and have only posted in the related threads, to make money.

Even without those users posting their codes, there have been a ton of shared coupons in the past 21 hours, only slightly less than with their "contributions."

And yes, as said earlier, by using the link in the OP, your purchases go to keep this site running and keep the contests and giveaways coming.[/quote]

A few coupons given and even fewer affiliate clicks wont make us or you millionair. I use the affliate earning to fulfil my gaming needs nothing else. And when we purchase, we are ready to use ur link.

Rules appear more like formed my jealous ppl then by any of the CAG staff.

Anyways, I will keep sharing few $5 coupons here.

When i first came here, only a fews days back..I was asking for coupons. So I understand few ppl really need to save money by using coupons. Few coupons without affiliate exchange wont make me begger ( as funds just fulfil my gaming needs and dont make next Bill gates ) so I wld definately keep sharing coupons here with smile :).

Plead all you want, it's not going to to change the rules. The activity flew unnoticed under the radar for too long before we caught on and actually paid attention to what was happening.

This has nothing to do with jealousy, but simply enforcing the rules. As I said earlier, if everyone used everybody else's referral links and not the ones for CAG, this site would not continue to operate as it does today.

This discussion is over. Please keep the thread on topic.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']$5 off $50, expires April 17, 2008:

DN-ODH-RMN

please post if you use it.[/quote]

Thanks, used it today. I will post my coupon number when the order arrives.

[quote name='sp00ge']The main 3 people who have been sharing codes were doing it for the sheer profit they receive from every person that buys under their link, under the guise of helping people. This is against the site rules and goes against the nature of things around here. These same people have only been around for a month or two and have only posted in the related threads, to make money.

And yes, as said earlier, by using the link in the OP, your purchases go to keep this site running and keep the contests and giveaways coming.[/quote]
:applause: Applause to sp00ge.

Coupon codes
$10 off on $50 purchase coupons,

AC - RRG - YXB
GT - NJN - SYX
AE - JDU - XLX
LY - EBF - JXG
TQ - DRQ - VYG

[quote name='Chaztin']Coupon codes
$10 off on $50 purchase coupons,

AC - RRG - YXB
GT - NJN - SYX
AE - JDU - XLX
LY - EBF - JXG
TQ - DRQ - VYG[/quote]

So, um, I have a question: how does one go about getting these $10 off $50 coupons from P/A? Every time I've ordered from them, all I've gotten is a $5 off $50 coupon.

Anyone know?

Oh, and just so folks know, Chaztin originally (even in this post) was trying to get people to use his P/A affiliate link, instead of Cheapy D's. Sp00ge altered the post to eliminate the link, and that's why the guy was banned. He knew about the rules, was warned, and *still* chose to poke the hibernating bear. He doesn't have legitimate reason to complain about the action taken.

Oh, and Sp00ge? I want to personally thank you for knowing how to spell *and* use "you're". I need my faith renewed in internet users every once in a while.

[quote name='boagman'] I want to personally thank you for knowing how to spell *and* use "you're". I need my faith renewed in internet users every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

Hey! I was using "you're" before everybody thought it was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back