Empty Xbox 360 Game Cases? Where to purchase?

Overclocked

CAG Veteran
First off... apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. It was the most appropriate spot I could find.

I recently purchased a game off Goozex.com and due to my own stupidity ended up receiving just a game disk because that was the option I selected. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to buy empty game cases. It would be preferred if you can suggest a place that sells them individually. Also, the game cases don't have to be the Xbox lime green but that would be preferred so it matches my other games :). Thanks!!

I really don't think you can. If any of my cases break, I usually pull out the paper describing the game, and replace that case with a case of a game that I don't play anymore e.g. old Xbox games. They're not a perfect match of color, but it's close.

Hope that helped. :)

Head to your local family video when they arent busy. Ask them if they have any extra cases (they do). They will have tons of DVD cases and some 360 cases, if you arent picky they will probably give you one.

People tend not to return things, extra cases amass in bulk numbers.

Be nice about it though, one tool used to rent and burn movies then ask for that particular case. Yeah, he didnt get cases.

I have 4 of the Halo 3 display cases. They are the real legitimate case, just used as promo displays. I'm sure I could trade or sell them as they are just collecting dust. Just PM if interested.

pre order some game that comes with a case. That's how I made up for musicnoteless' broken Crackdown case when he got it back. Can't think of any at the moment sadly.

not sure how canada toys r us' handle it, but here in va we were throwing away old 360 display cases when they dropped to $29.99 when we put the games on the floor (the security cases). you could probably get some cases if you are nice to the employees.

Check for preorder deals when you're in stores. Many times the preorder includes an empty case with a promotional cover.

I still reminisce about the day I used BBB to preorder Gears for $5 and I got an empty case, a t-shirt and 1600 points for another $5 in BBB.

Three options...

1. you can buy some off ebay
2. you can buy cheap BK games at gamestop
3. you can ask the gamestop clerks if they have any extra or/and keep your eyes open for preorder freebies at gamestop

oh, or you can buy preorder cases at best buy when they're doing that like they did with mass effect and lost odyssey.

You could go to your local blockbuster/gamerush and ask them. They usually throw out a lot of their cases when they get new games in stock.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']Try here. These ones match the 360 cases almost exactly even though they don't really look like it from the picture.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/variant.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=32599&product%5Fid=32249&variant%5Fid=3094&cookie%5Ftest=1[/QUOTE]

I ordered some of these, but they don't match up too well with the 360 cases. These are a darker bluish-green, while the 360 cases are a neon yellowish-green. It's a better match than the standard black DVD cases. But from across the room, I can tell which are the regular 360 cases and which are the US Plastic cases.

Perhaps they've changed their color scheme. I was originally thinking maybe they sent me the blue cases by accident. But I would call this color green (just a different shade). Plus my packing slip says green cases and the blue cases have been listed as "no longer available".

On the positive side, the price is reasonable, the store shipped it in less than a week, and it was well packaged.

wholesalevideogamelots , they have cases plus they sell on ebay as bresoftware. i never bought from them so if someone have please let us know thnks

I used to work at a DVD case manufacturing plant where they made 360 Cases, I was able to snag free ones all the time, but that was 2 years ago.....shame....and they paid great as well....just 12 hour shifts suck!

My advice, Pre-Order a game at Best Buy and snag one of those pre-order cases you have to take up to the counter and just swap cases like that. Heck, you could even get your $5 bucks back if you don't want the game regardless and they won't take your pre-order case back. I did it before with WWE SvR '08 over a year ago.

I will let everyone know now, that in reality, these cases are really only worth a few pennies. I know this is because I worked at a place that made them. We sold them in a huge pallet to companies for $100's and such, but I can't believe the guy on eBay selling only 6 cases for $9.....dude's a jerk that most likely works at one of those plants and pick up the scrap rejects

bread's done
Back