Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (PS3) $5 new at Fry's, YMMV

mdmusick

CAGiversary!
I was at the Fry's on Northwest Highway in Dallas today and they had a table with about 30 new copies of Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom on clearance for $5.00 even, limit one per customer. I didn't see this listed in the ad and it could very well be limited to this particular store, but if you want this game this is certainly a good price point :)

id give ya like 10$ shipped for one, i already own the game but i have a friend who wants to play online with me, and he is poor :)

if you cant get another one its no biggy either.

[quote name='whoknows']No. Not at all.

And I'll pay $10 shipped for one.[/QUOTE]
I bought this for $20 from Gamestop.com and I thought it was decent; definitely not worth $60, good deal for $20, and a steal for $5.

I'm going to give my local store a call. And no, I'm not going into to check myself. I'm calling, thusly alerting the store, its employees, and the world that they have a PS3 game for 4.99.

I had that game. Bought it at $17, would jump all over another copy at $5. Shame that I don't really have the money to drive to Fry's in Burbank.

Can anyone verify this at any of the LA locations? Don't really feel like trekking out to the Manhattan Beach store...

[quote name='karkyco']Can anyone verify this at any of the LA locations? Don't really feel like trekking out to the Manhattan Beach store...[/quote]

I'm checking in about an hour before I go to work, I wouldn't be able to report until after, about 9ish.

I love snowblind's work

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance

Champions of Norrath

Champions, Return to Arms

fantastic games

Untold LEgends on the PS3 is a piece of garbage. Its horrible, and definitely NOT worth $5

I'll stop by the Sunnyvale Frys and see if that have the same deal.

UPDATE: Nope, all copies are $19.99. I haven't checked any of the other Frys in the area though. Might be worth a trip on the weekend.

Please guys, enough with the requests in the thread, try PM's perhaps?

Still $20 at the Roseville Fry's although I did find some huge bins filled with some great $4.99 DVD's and 2-Disc collector's editions for $8.99. Some great Oscar winners and classics among the hundreds they had. So not a totally wasted trip.

[quote name='whoknows']No. Not at all.

And I'll pay $10 shipped for one.[/QUOTE]

This is a bad game. For 5 bucks could be good for trade-in fodder. The camera is HORRIBLE on this game, and getting stuck in the air while trying to jump something/getting stuck against the wall is great as well.

[quote name='aen']So has anyone had luck getting someone to pick it up for them? Seems like no replies..[/quote]

Everyone I have PM'd won't reply back about this for me.

[quote name='Shadows916']This is a bad game. For 5 bucks could be good for trade-in fodder. The camera is HORRIBLE on this game, and getting stuck in the air while trying to jump something/getting stuck against the wall is great as well.[/quote]

huh? i'll admit the camera is pretty glitchy, and it isn't very good.. but it hardly makes the game bad. it's the limited amount of things to do in the game that makes the game below average in my mind. you get no choice over weapons, limited combos, and the spells/skills you get don't have enough differences between them to make them all worth using. you'll likely sap all of the "fun" out of the game before you finish it.

i'd say for $5-$12 this game is definitely worth it though if you like hack 'n slash games, and might be more fun to play online with a friend. just go into the game with low expectations, and you might be pleased with it.

Just got back from the Frys in Downers Grove, IL and they have none at all. Cheapest ps3 game they had was genji for 19.99

SEMI-CONFIRMATION

I know it's not $5 like in the OP, but the Duluth (Atlanta) Fry's has Untold Legends Dark Kingdom for 9.99. They have about 50 copies in a shopping cart between the endcaps of the game section and the wall. They are still labeled 19.99, but there is a sign on the cart stating the 9.99 price and it does ring up correcty.

[quote name='mmmend01']can anybody in the houston area confirm this?[/quote]
Damn. I'll be checking tomorrow morning at the one near Sugarland.

[quote name='jdawgg76']SEMI-CONFIRMATION

I know it's not $5 like in the OP, but the Duluth (Atlanta) Fry's has Untold Legends Dark Kingdom for 9.99. They have about 50 copies in a shopping cart between the endcaps of the game section and the wall. They are still labeled 19.99, but there is a sign on the cart stating the 9.99 price and it does ring up correcty.[/quote]

The Fry's in Alpharetta GA has them for $5 - same setup, in a shopping cart (but in the center aisle when you walk in the store) - price tag says $19.99, rings up as $4.99. They also have Nightmare Before Christmas for the PS2 for $1, but there was only one left when I was there (last Sunday).

bread's done
Back