[Dead again :'(] Secondspin.com 20% off all used AND free shipping

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
NOTE: This deal seems to toggle between dead/alive depending on whether SecondSpin is advertising on the Howard Stern show at any given time.

Update 6/18: Coupon is dead, long live the coupon!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is why it's called HEYNOW...and not HEYFORALITTLEWHILE ;)[/quote]

This deal is alive again with the code HEYNOW (thx TimTucker)

www.secondspin.com has a coupon HEYNOW which will give you 20% off anything used on their site (video games, CDs, and DVDs) PLUS free shipping. Enter the code on the last page of the checkout.

I buy a LOT from SecondSpin and its sister site Wherehouse.com (both owned by Transworld/fye, share the same stock) and I can tell you this is one of the best coupons I've ever seen from them. They often offer 20% off or free shipping, but I've never seen both.

Wherehouse actually had a similar code last week, but it was only good on CDs and DVDs. I was going to post that in the DVD Deals, but it was already 11 pm on the day that it expired, so I figured it wouldn't help many.

Also, if you've never ordered from SecondSpin/Wherehouse, know that their used items are almost always complete and in excellent condition. They are strict about what they accept, which is why I order so much from them. Also, customer service has always been very good to me.

Customer service has sucked for me, but hey, I have $80+ in credit to FYE to use. If I choose carefully, dont have to return, and my games work great (which your right, they do have great standards), then I don't have to deal with them!

Yeah I think the site is getting hit with a lot of traffic. I've used them before and the used stuff is really good quality.

Yep, all of their coupons may be used as much as you want. Which is nice in this case because you won't be "penalized" by not combining your orders.

Also, they add new stock to their site almost daily, so check back tomorrow and Sunday as well.

I just ordered two things. This is the only place that I will buy used games since I never have had a disk that was scratched at all. Twice I received the game without the manual, but contacting their customer service they resent the game and told me dispose of the old game. I disposed of the game at EB Games as a trade:)

Sorry to sound lame, but how can you tell what comes with the game? I don't want to buy just a cart... I want the entire thing: case, sleeve, manual, game.

hordak,

Thats all they accept is the full package, thats what you get is the full package. They are no EB games with regards to anything and everything can be traded in. They are particular.

[quote name='Snake2715']hordak,

Thats all they accept is the full package, thats what you get is the full package. They are no EB games with regards to anything and everything can be traded in. They are particular.[/quote]

SWEET! Then I'm in! Time to start going through the list b/c this looks like a great deal. :)

I just sold a bunch of stuff to them and they were very clear that they won't accept anything with scratches. This is the first I've bought from them, so I hope everything is in mint (ala Estarland).

Got God Of War II $24, and some others to round out my collection.

Ah, must've just been an issue with my school's VPN - but I picked up Baten Kaitos Origins and the original Baten Kaitos, since I've heard good things about them. Both came to $23 - gotta love these types of discounts. Thanks, op!

Man, I wish they had Chibi-Robo. I'm tempted by Baten Kaitos origins for less than $10 shipped. I used to use SecondSpin all the time in college - I can't believe their site hasn't really changed in 10 years!

Just checked through the Wii prices - most are just OK even after the discount and free shipping.

Project Gotham Racing for a little over $7, Bionicle for Wii for a little over $10, Meteos for $11.24, Metal Gear Acid 2 for a little over $6

Man, looking forward to some mint games! This is my first time purchasing from them, so I hope they don't disappoint.

Sonic Rush Adventure for the DS is $22.99. It just came out, too.

While not video game related, I did pick up Sailor Moon SuperS season for $45 for the wife. :D

I wish Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Resistance were a little lower. Even with the 20% off they can be had cheaper elsewhere.

What is everyone buying? I'm looking around for some good deals on the site but I'm not finding anything special. God of War II was a prospect till I saw on another post that it's due to be Greatest Hits later this month.

[quote name='mephitical']Man, I wish they had Chibi-Robo.[/quote]Back in December I found a brand new copy of that game for $7 at a store on a military base (they had marked it down because they were clearing out the Gamecube section, and then thrown it in a 50% off clearance bin for Christmas). I passed it up because I wasn't sure I would like the game. I've been kicking myself ever since.

Anyway, this site looks awesome. I just got paid, so after I sort out how much money I need to put in the bank and how much I get to keep and spend I'll definitely look through it.

[quote name='cranguy']
Also, if you've never ordered from SecondSpin/Wherehouse, know that their used items are almost always complete and in excellent condition. They are strict about what they accept, which is why I order so much from them. Also, customer service has always been very good to me.[/QUOTE]

Do they let you know whether you are getting a complete game or not when you order?

Picked up the original condemned and viva pinata for 27$ shipped. Games were 11 and 14 respectively, what a deal! Thanks a ton OP =D

Also, as far as the games, do they almost always come in original case with instructions? JW. How safe do you think I would be picking up guitar hero 2+controller? I'd love it at that price but don't want to get it with a broken controller.

[quote name='bassec']Customer service has sucked for me, but hey, I have $80+ in credit to FYE to use. If I choose carefully, dont have to return, and my games work great (which your right, they do have great standards), then I don't have to deal with them![/quote]
Are you saying that Secondspin takes FYE credit because I have some if that is true?

[quote name='headpiece747']Are you saying that Secondspin takes FYE credit because I have some if that is true?[/quote]

Yep. All one big company. Secondspin.com, FYE.com and Wherehouse.com are all linked!

[quote name='bassec']Yep. All one big company. Secondspin.com, FYE.com and Wherehouse.com are all linked![/quote]
Thanks, now I have to see what I want.

It's been two years since I've owned a PS2

All I've had is a DS and PC.

I just got a 60gb PS3. Name me some games to buy - just bought Rogue Galaxy =D

Love me some RPG's, party, strategy, shooter, action

EDIT - WHoops - meant two year since I owned a PS2

For those worrying, everything that I've ever ordered from them has come complete. If there's ever anything wrong with your order, they're generally very good about just refunding whichever item had a problem.

[quote name='nikkai']It's been two years since I've owned a PS3

All I've had is a DS and PC.

I just got a 60gb PS3. Name me some games to buy - just bought Rogue Galaxy =D

Love me some RPG's, party, strategy, shooter, action[/quote]

Prince of Persia
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy XII
Persona 3 (wait for FES in April)
Silent Hill 2

grabbed these:

Wii Play (bundle w/ remote)
Baten Kaitos Origins (GCN)
Red Faction II (GCN)

$48 after tax, not bad

decided that i didn't need a second copy of rogue galaxy, so there's still one available... grab it quick, it's a steal @ $10

[quote name='zenintrude']grabbed these:

Wii Play (bundle w/ remote)
Baten Kaitos Origins (GCN)
Red Faction II (GCN)

$48 after tax, not bad

decided that i didn't need a second copy of rogue galaxy, so there's still one available... grab it quick, it's a steal @ $10[/quote]

anyone know if the wii play come with the remote?

thanks

also i need suggestion on new game. i'm a newbie on wii

[quote name='leung19']anyone know if the wii play come with the remote?

thanks

also i need suggestion on new game. i'm a newbie on wii[/QUOTE]

the description on the site says that it does include the remote (and it is listed as being the bundle)... after discount it comes to just around $29, or the price that eb sells the game (used) alone for.

Has anyone got a confirmation that their order has shipped? I placed an order on Thursday less than an hour after receiving the email from them of the special and haven't got a shipping confirmation yet. I'm a bit worried too since one of the games I ordered showed only 1 in stock and still shows that same 1 in stock.

[quote name='zenintrude']
decided that i didn't need a second copy of rogue galaxy, so there's still one available... grab it quick, it's a steal @ $10[/QUOTE]

Rogue Galaxy is new for 20 dollars on amazon. Is there something special about this game that I'm not aware of?

bread's done
Back