Unjustly suspended from Live

drbutchevil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Was playing a bit of COD4 tonight, minding my own business as usual and I get disconnected from XBL and see I got email from MS, which contains this:

Inappropriate Content

Do not respond to this email address. It is not monitored.

This email is to notify you that your Xbox Live account privileges have been suspended due to feedback received from other Xbox Live users about your inappropriate content on the service. Additionally, Xbox Live has deleted the content in question.

You have been sent a message in the Xbox Live Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension time, you will not be able to log into Xbox Live. Your Xbox Live privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period. The length of a suspension is not announced by Xbox Customer Support and is subject to change without prior notice by Xbox Live.

Xbox Live expects that all customers abide by the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while playing on the Xbox Live service. You can view the Code of Conduct from the Xbox Live Dashboard under Xbox Live Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/legal/legal-tou.htm. Your failure to abide by the Code of Conduct in the future may result in, among other things, longer suspension periods or cancellation of your account.

If you have any questions regarding the Xbox Live Code of Conduct, please contact Xbox Customer Support.

Thank you
Xbox Live Community Management team

Now, I mind my own damn business on Live. I don't swear, I don't trash talk, I don't make racist comments, I don't cheat. Even when with friends I pretty much keep quiet and let them do the entertaining. So I think to myself "What the fuck is up?". I decided to call XBL Support, all the help it is, and am told they can't tell me why I was suspended, nor can they lift my suspension, nor can they reimburse me for the 2 days of gold I am going to lose because of it, and that I'm pretty much supposed to take my suspension and think about what I've done... which I'm still not too sure on what I actually did given I'm a fair player, and not at all a poor sport. My only guess is the fact I had some lyrics from the song Sillyworld by Stone Sour, who happens to be one of my favorite bands, which states:

Peace is just two fingers now
Peace was just a phase
When someone put it on a shirt
you knew to count the days
So take those fingers tape 'em up and shove 'em up your ass and carry on
but don't try it now cause peace is gone
Hardly offensive, they use the word ass on Saturday morning cartoons for crying out loud and given the comparison to what I hear on a daily basis on Live, its like sentencing someone to death for making an illegal Uturn in a car. Not only that, but every single other person I've seen with offensive materials in their motto, bio or other has simply had the thing removed, received a warning and nothing else came of it. The fact I get suspended for 2 days for the word ASS without warning seems pretty damn shoddy to me. They are just lucky I renewed my gold account for a year last week.

[quote name='drbutchevil']take those fingers tape 'em up and shove 'em up your ass[/quote]

Wow things really have changed since I was a kid if this kinda of stuff is ok on morning cartoons now.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Wow things really have changed since I was a kid if this kinda of stuff is ok on morning cartoons now.[/quote]

Perhaps not on cartoons, but lets be fair, compared to the normal things you see on peoples profiles, the word ass is pretty tame, if that is indeed what caused this. Shame they won't tell me anything heh.

you could have played better than someone and they all could have left you back feedback. i leave bad feedback for the trash talkers, people that quit early, and the people that glitch. if one person from a clan talks trash, i leave the whole clan bad feedback for trash talk. i dont mind if i gave them a reason to do it, but i keep my mouth shut until they talk trash to me, than i say what i want, mute them, and drop them feedback. from what i hear from other people (3-4 friends) they all got banned for bad feedback and at least 2 of them never do anything i could see giving bad feedback for.

Well lately it seems like Microsoft is suspending alot of people just because of their bio. I think its kinda stupid but it might have to do with the fact that there was just a lady who got really mad because her kids got sent a nude pic on live.

[quote name='Jaybone203']Well lately it seems like Microsoft is suspending alot of people just because of their bio. I think its kinda stupid but it might have to do with the fact that there was just a lady who got really mad because her kids got sent a nude pic on live.[/QUOTE]

MS only bans from the bio if someone has filed a complaint about it from what i have noticed. i still see tons of people with things far worse than i have seen in others that got banned for the bio. i doubt it has anything to do with a lady that got mad about her child getting a nude pic on live since i really dont see how that would work with this since you cant put a pic in your bio. also, isn't it more her fault for not monitering the child on the 360? the parental control settings can block pretty much anything. block voice communications, vision cams, friends, and i think it even allows blocking messages from anyone.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Perhaps not on cartoons, but lets be fair, compared to the normal things you see on peoples profiles, the word ass is pretty tame, if that is indeed what caused this. Shame they won't tell me anything heh.[/quote]

Indeed. I even saw someone with "fuck you" In his bio! :hot:

seriously....song lyrics or not you are telling someone to shove fingers up their ass...if you are surprised for getting banned for that then you have problems....I can't even put my first fucking name in my bio...

If I tell people to stick their fingers up their ass in real life, I am pretty sure it won't be appreciated.

Also, the fact that you hear "worse things" on live doesn't make it right. What do you want MS to do, in that regard? Record all your conversations and listen to them?

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']you could have played better than someone and they all could have left you back feedback.[/quote]

This is definitely a possibility. Pretty much all of my bad feedback is from a single group of people from Gears of War. Two of my teammates quit, so it was a 2v4 match. The other team really, really sucked, and we kicked their collective asses. (Seriously, we destroyed them).

Now since the other team consisted entirely of average American males, their natural reaction was, of course, nothing short of "fuck you you n****r loving bitch! I'll fucking rape you you fucking f****t n****r!" All the while I remained silent. Just before I left the game, I heard "Everybody leave the fucking n****r bad feeback", which is exactly what they did. They went as far as making multiple profiles just to leave me bad feedback and report me.

Long story short: As much as we like to blame Microsoft for things, there's a strong possibility that they've just received a lot of bad reports about you left by some disgruntled players.

[quote name='chakan']This is why I am a 360 owner without a LIVE membership.[/quote]

I don't think you should miss out on all the Xbox Live benefits just because there's a 5% chance you might get suspended.

PS: How is Yakuza?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This is definitely a possibility. Pretty much all of my bad feedback is from a single group of people from Gears of War. Two of my teammates quit, so it was a 2v4 match. The other team really, really sucked, and we kicked their collective asses. (Seriously, we destroyed them).

Now since the other team consisted entirely of average American males, their natural reaction was, of course, nothing short of "fuck you you n****r loving bitch! I'll fucking rape you you fucking f****t n****r!" All the while I remained silent. Just before I left the game, I heard "Everybody leave the fucking n****r bad feeback", which is exactly what they did. They went as far as making multiple profiles just to leave me bad feedback and report me.

Long story short: As much as we like to blame Microsoft for things, there's a strong possibility that they've just received a lot of bad reports about you left by some disgruntled players.[/QUOTE]

luckily i have enough players on my friends list that i dont have to worry too much. when call of duty 4 came out, i went from 75% preferred down to 51% just because i played better than most people. i dont leave bad feedback for someone being better than me, because playing them will only make me better. if i dont like the perks they use, i will give them a lacking skill so i dont have to play them again (hopefully), but that does not affect their feedback score. i went from 0% unsporting up to 30%+ (it is somewhere around 30-35). now the trash talk i understood going up a little, but in my defense on that, they started the trash talk, i just ended it.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This is definitely a possibility. Pretty much all of my bad feedback is from a single group of people from Gears of War. Two of my teammates quit, so it was a 2v4 match. The other team really, really sucked, and we kicked their collective asses. (Seriously, we destroyed them).

Long story short: As much as we like to blame Microsoft for things, there's a strong possibility that they've just received a lot of bad reports about you left by some disgruntled players.[/quote]
Awesome American Male conspiracy. Do you know how much negative feedback you have to get left to get banned? I've only known one person who has ever received any kind of punishment from MS because of feedback and that only resulted in a mic mute for 48 hours.

Meh, lesson learned, they care more about a mildly offensive thing in a bio that is readable by everyone than an ultra offensive thing said, or in text readable by few. Will just leave the stuff blank from now on, excuse me for having a personality and expressing it.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I don't think you should miss out on all the Xbox Live benefits just because there's a 5% chance you might get suspended.

PS: How is Yakuza?[/QUOTE]Its not the suspension, its the comments from mouth breathing idiots like the post above my original(not the CAG poster, the idiots he had to deal with).

Yakuza is great. Best dramatic gangster story in a console game; love triangles, betrayals. Its also really cool to walk around Tokyo and visit hostess bars, shops, etc. The combat isn't perfect, you often don't face the direction you want and get kicked in the back.

I picked it up after hearing about it on the 1UPyours podcast about a month back.

I keep my bio empty... and my motto's "Now with sprinkles!" So, if anyone's offended by that one...

"How 'bout that!" - Thanks to Bob Zany... :)

I'm surprised that I haven't been temp banned myself after having over 26% bad feedback, a lot of that is recent. lol.

Yeah, the shove em up your ass part is pretty offensive, objectively speaking.

Kotaku did a big piece on the "Xbox Live Police" yesterday.

http://kotaku.com/362810/the-xbox-live-police

I thought it sounded like PR bullshit and thought they just use an algorithm that gets you auto-kicked after so many complaints in x number of time but maybe there's something to it.

It's not just the use of 'ass' but the sentence as a whole. I like how you can complain about another person's bio being more offensive but don't report them =p

First off, OP good song selection, Corey Taylor's a great writer and singer.

Second, I am starting to believe more and more that Live Police and bannings are completely random. I don't remember what magazine it was (me thinks OXM), but they did a experiment where they started a profile and the writer did everything possible to get suspended. He would us every work possible, drop the F word, N-bomb, and a bunch of others. Now I can't remember for sure, but I think he either didn't get suspended at all or it took him about 60+ hours over a period of time.

[quote name='Hostile']It's not just the use of 'ass' but the sentence as a whole. I like how you can complain about another person's bio being more offensive but don't report them =p[/quote]

I don't report them because I'm adult, I watch cable, and hear inappropriate things on a daily basis. Besides, if I did that, theres be a whole line of people complaining just like I am and we don't need that. In other words, I'm not a gigantic p*ssy who is offended by every little swear word, but I also don't use them when playing a game where its intended to be fun.

[quote name='drbutchevil']I don't report them because I'm adult, I watch cable, and hear inappropriate things on a daily basis. Besides, if I did that, theres be a whole line of people complaining just like I am and we don't need that. In other words, I'm not a gigantic p*ssy who is offended by every little swear word, but I also don't use them when playing a game where its intended to be fun.[/QUOTE]

Your fucking post really fucking pisses me the fuck off. If I had a fucking XCrock I would report your fucking ass too! Saying ass is so fucking wrong and it pisses me the fuck off more to know that some innocent fucking child will hear such fucking filth online.

But seriously, you hear worse shit IN GAME. I could understand the hardcore swear words but ass?

[quote name='Nealocus123']I don't think you should miss out on all the Xbox Live benefits just because there's a 5% chance you might get suspended.

PS: How is Yakuza?[/quote]

5%? More like .05 percent chance.

I don't think giving negative feedback is the same as filing a complaint. Someone must have filed a complaint, and yeah that's pretty lame.

[quote name='wubb']My bio is basically empty and I think I'm going to keep it that way.[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants to read a bio for a guy who still plays Halo 3 anyway.

Yeah, it was probably in the bio, not feedback. I have slightly more negative than positive (51% Vs 49% I believe). Although it is more tame than could be, some will find it inappropriate.

[quote name='TruVisionary']I hope they don't figure out wat the acronym in my bio means or else I'm fucked[/QUOTE]

H.N.I.C.

Well, I get it...

bread's done
Back